September 21, 2014 | 1583 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2005 12:04:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Miss Dior is a beautiful, sparkling chypre. I love the sage that is in this. When i was a kid my mother used to make a dinner called chicken curry. To me, this smells just like my mothers chicken curry. Nice and spicy. Also, i get notes of fresh cut hay as well. A very formal, dress up type scent when you're going out in a tuxedo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2005 4:37:00 PM More reviews by BasiaS

A nice, French, sharp chypre that dries down to a warm woody base. Very appropriate with Dior's "New Look" of the 50s, which is when this classic came out. Reminds me a bit of Chanel 19. Too harsh and perfumey for my tastes, but classics fans should check this out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Wyrmiax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'd heard about this fragrance in connection with the history of fashion--the scent that accompanied Dior's New Look in 1947. These accounts always call it a floral, exemplifying the return to luxury and femininity. So, when I received a bundle of chypres in a swap (and what a wonderful swap it was!), I was surprised to see this EDT included, and to find out it's actually a green floral chypre.

Anything that begins with galbanum and ends with oakmoss is alright by me. The floral character is most pronounced in the middle of its run. I liked it even better as it dried down and got mossier. At this point, it has an almost powdery--but not at all musty--quality as well, reminiscent of Chanel 19 with its light touch of leather. The overall effect is still sweet, but not cloying. A dainty chypre.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 3:17:00 AM More reviews by tobacco_flower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought it after being inspired by a cosmetics and perfume module at college--the professor had hailed it as the ultimate chypre fragrance, befitting ladies of elegant and glamourous personalities. I admit it is quite glam-smelling at the first sniff, but after a while it kind of sits like this heavy artificial vapour of chemicals on my clothes. I get a headache if I spray too much. These days I only brazen to use it if I'm bored with my Body Shop Oceanus or if there is an evening function to attend.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 3:02:00 PM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This scent was not me at all. It starts off with a sharp green note with, I think, bergamot at the forefront. From then on Miss Dior is mainly herby/aromatic on me - the clary sage is the predominant note for a long time, joined eventually by orris root. I don't get any jasmine or rose, or any other floral. This scent to me is extremely fresh and dry - arrid almost; it is a mossy chypre and I can detect the oak moss at the finish, but to me it is not a feminine fragrance. I don't dislike it, but I certainly don't like it enough to wear again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2005 8:16:00 PM More reviews by CashQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

One of my old favourites and a staple in my fragrance wardrobe.
There are only a handful of perfumes I will re-purchase and Miss Dior is one of them.
I get loads of compliments when I wear it and unlike some woody scents it has a nice light drydown on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2005 8:36:00 PM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pure grace and elegance in a bottle. Crisp and tenacious. This is a scent for ladies of style, wit and flawless taste. A crisp floral, somewhat aldehylic and definitely with chypre undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2005 1:22:00 PM More reviews by leonie_au

Miss Dior... ahhh, this scent always brings back fond memories. :) A friend introduced me to this when she was working at a Dior counter in the '80s, and I immediately fell in love with it. Beautiful, classic scent with such a touching story behind it's creation which adds to its appeal. :) Comes in a very chic frosted, houndstooth-detailed bottle. I especially love wearing Miss Dior in autumn/winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2005 11:18:00 PM More reviews by cdvoyles

Impressively elegant, this juxtaposition of ethereal florals and uncompromising chypre! Impeccable. Alabaster sculpture, chamber music, high tea.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2005 8:16:00 AM More reviews by GimmeMore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Definately a scent from yesteryear. I imagine it was the hip fragrance in the 50's. OK if you want that retro aroma.