Dior Miss Dior

3.9

on 3/29/2006 8:45:00 AM

I just get the feeling that this is what Aromatics Elixir wanted to be when she grew up, but she fell in with the wrong crowd, the tawdry group, the loud boisterous ones who wear too much of everything. Miss Dior is merely a scent fraction of Aromatics Elixir. Fortunately it's the fractional part of AE that I love. AS another said, it is something like Dioressence, but I'd say it's a shadow of Dioressence, not a competitor. Basically this Miss Dior is a little potion of mossy tobacco and leather notes, with sage and jasmine-rose accents. She doesn't screech a lot of flowery middle notes or sweet top notes. Subdued subdued subdued. A scent for a rainy day and a game of chess.

on 11/12/2005 12:04:00 PM

Miss Dior is a beautiful, sparkling chypre. I love the sage that is in this. When i was a kid my mother used to make a dinner called chicken curry. To me, this smells just like my mothers chicken curry. Nice and spicy. Also, i get notes of fresh cut hay as well. A very formal, dress up type scent when you're going out in a tuxedo.

on 7/19/2005 4:37:00 PM

A nice, French, sharp chypre that dries down to a warm woody base. Very appropriate with Dior's "New Look" of the 50s, which is when this classic came out. Reminds me a bit of Chanel 19. Too harsh and perfumey for my tastes, but classics fans should check this out.

on 7/2/2005 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'd heard about this fragrance in connection with the history of fashion--the scent that accompanied Dior's New Look in 1947. These accounts always call it a floral, exemplifying the return to luxury and femininity. So, when I received a bundle of chypres in a swap (and what a wonderful swap it was!), I was surprised to see this EDT included, and to find out it's actually a green floral chypre.

Anything that begins with galbanum and ends with oakmoss is alright by me. The floral character is most pronounced in the middle of its run. I liked it even better as it dried down and got mossier. At this point, it has an almost powdery--but not at all musty--quality as well, reminiscent of Chanel 19 with its light touch of leather. The overall effect is still sweet, but not cloying. A dainty chypre.

I bought it after being inspired by a cosmetics and perfume module at college--the professor had hailed it as the ultimate chypre fragrance, befitting ladies of elegant and glamourous personalities. I admit it is quite glam-smelling at the first sniff, but after a while it kind of sits like this heavy artificial vapour of chemicals on my clothes. I get a headache if I spray too much. These days I only brazen to use it if I'm bored with my Body Shop Oceanus or if there is an evening function to attend.

on 5/11/2005 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This scent was not me at all. It starts off with a sharp green note with, I think, bergamot at the forefront. From then on Miss Dior is mainly herby/aromatic on me - the clary sage is the predominant note for a long time, joined eventually by orris root. I don't get any jasmine or rose, or any other floral. This scent to me is extremely fresh and dry - arrid almost; it is a mossy chypre and I can detect the oak moss at the finish, but to me it is not a feminine fragrance. I don't dislike it, but I certainly don't like it enough to wear again.

on 4/29/2005 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

One of my old favourites and a staple in my fragrance wardrobe.
There are only a handful of perfumes I will re-purchase and Miss Dior is one of them.
I get loads of compliments when I wear it and unlike some woody scents it has a nice light drydown on me.

on 3/22/2005 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pure grace and elegance in a bottle. Crisp and tenacious. This is a scent for ladies of style, wit and flawless taste. A crisp floral, somewhat aldehylic and definitely with chypre undertones.

on 3/3/2005 1:22:00 PM

Miss Dior... ahhh, this scent always brings back fond memories. :) A friend introduced me to this when she was working at a Dior counter in the '80s, and I immediately fell in love with it. Beautiful, classic scent with such a touching story behind it's creation which adds to its appeal. :) Comes in a very chic frosted, houndstooth-detailed bottle. I especially love wearing Miss Dior in autumn/winter.

on 2/25/2005 11:18:00 PM

Impressively elegant, this juxtaposition of ethereal florals and uncompromising chypre! Impeccable. Alabaster sculpture, chamber music, high tea.

Popular Fragrances