July 29, 2014 | 984 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was on the search for a good facial scrub since my favorite one from Dermalogica got to expensive ($35!). I wanted to get attached to something cheaper so that I could continue to purchase it. Well, I read somewhere that Queen Helene makes scrubs so I went to Sally's Beauty Supply to check it out. The price was just around $3 (can't beat that)! So I thought it was worth a try - I love the mint julep mask afterall. I was very pleasantly surprised! My face looked smoother after just one use. I really like that the grains aren't too harsh but they are just a little bigger than I would prefer in a perfect scenario. So I am giving this scrub 4 and a half stars and suggesting it to anyone who doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg for a good scrub.
**UPDATE** I'm removing lippies from this rating because I think the granules are too harsh for my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by cindyt36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG i tried this today and its sooooooooooo much better than st.ives apricot scrub!!!! It's not as harsh and painful as st.ives. The scrub smells much better and just as cheap. LOVE THIS!!!!! <3 only problem is the cap but i switch the cap of my st.ives which is a flip top cap. :D so all is good

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by glitteryangels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My favourite facial scrub so far! What a shame, the don't sell this in SG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by malston81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually purchased thinking it was the mint julep masque (ended up getting this a week or so later) just looked at the mint julep part. However, I decided to keep it and I will say that I like it, it smells clean and free (the mint, of course!) and it gives my skin a very soft feeling. I would purchase this again. I got it from a hair store for about $3.99.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by ClaireMcD77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a phenomenal scrub. Smells terrific. I keep it in my shower and use it on my face every morning. The granules are extremely fine so I feel like it's gentle enough for every day use and it's not tearing up my skin. I have dry skin so every morning I use this to "prep" my skin for moisturizer and makeup. Does a great job getting all the flaky patches off my cheeks so my makeup goes on smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot get enough of this scrub. It is gentle enough for everyday use, yet it is very effective in removing dead skin cells and leaving my face feeling soft and smooth. I use this scrub every time I take a shower by massaging it into my face for a minute and letting it absorb for another minute. I find that this has helped improve my complexion and helps to give me a wonderful ‘glow.’ The smell of the mint julep is also amazing, which is another reason why I let it absorb into my skin in the shower for minute. Just so I can smell it and feel the tingle! Queen Helene’s Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub is also dirt cheap. I bought mine at Ulta for less than $3. I will continue to purchase again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by taciturnxlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this. It's a very gentle exfoliater that can be used daily. I love using this at night because it removes ALL of my makeup, and doesn't break me out. It's dirt cheap, and lasts a long time. However, I don't like using it in the morning because some of the exfoliating beads are left on my face when I'm applying moisturizer. Other than that, definitely worth it for $3!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by filipina89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this product at sallys and when i first tried the product, i absolutely loved it! at first, it had a minty type of fresh on the skin but it went away because i guess i used it everytime i shower but it made my skin feel soft and vibrant. i do recommend this facial scrub to everyone. i hope she comes out w/ more of these because i love her skin care line.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by jadestar12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

would you buy this product again?Hell No!!!!

i used it a couple times in the begining then one day i used it and it broke me out so bad.!!!!!!!

i use clinique acne something and
i used this after i got done cutting the grass and boom i woke up the next morning with 5 huge pimples.across my face not in just one spot were i can cover it up with my hair but on my forehead chin and nose.never never again and its weird because the mint mask and grapeseed mask work great.but her face scrubs dont!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by becca19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love all the Queen Helene products. This is nice also. It doesn't smell as minty as the mint julep masque but it works well. I want to try the mint cleanser too. Will probably repurchase this.