October 25, 2014 | 1750 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by carick85

Stupidly.. I used this foundation for about three years straight a while back because it covered my acne well. This junk was the reason I had acne to cover in the first place.. to be fair, I had acne issues before using this, but this kicked it up to full blown cystic acne. I recently discovered how bad the bismuth ingredient is, and have been staying away from it. My skin is extremely delicate.. like, ridiculously sensitive. The people who love this makeup must have tough, not easily irritated skin.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by mustangfanatic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am really surprised at all the negative reviews on this foundation. If you're going to try this product. Please learn how to apply it.

I know this sounds cliche, but less is more.
Tap a small amount of powder in the lid. Take your all over face brush and swirl it around the lid. Tap off the excess. do circular motions on your face. Buffing it out is key. I know it takes some time, but it's worth it to do it right.

Otherwise, it will look splotchy, cakey, and not last as long.

If you want full coverage, do that process i mentioned 3 times.

My face is normally pretty dry, so I moisturize in my problem areas. Then i use bareminerals prime time. I let my primer set for about 2 mins. Then i apply my foundation.

My reason for giving it 4 stars is it can be a bit messy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by kaitlynmarieexoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot even tell you how many times I have tried to love this foundation. But I just cant. It is AWFUL. This has got to be in all seriousness the WORST mineral foundation on the market. That's not even an exaggeration. If you have redness, acne or any other kind of discoloration putting this on your face is only going to make it 10x worse. It has absolutley NO coverage and makes your skin look blotchy, and uneven. It just adds a little bit of orange color to your redness making it look awful. Its super shimmery, so it makes any zit you have glow and stick out even more than without the makeup on. The coverage is sheer at best. It you use a flat concealer brush to try and build up coverage on spots, it looks super cakey, and makes your pores look HUGE. Not to mention it has a metallic finish when you build it up heavier. And when putting this on acne blemishes, it just makes the spot look darker and it doesn't cover a damn thing. Now onto the actual ingredients, as everyone already knows this foundation contains BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE. Why you may ask? I have no idea. There are soooooo many other mineral foundations on the market that are 1/3 the price of this one and do not have this harmful ingredient. Sensitive skin or not this will make you itch. Especially if you start to sweat. This is awful in the summer because your skin starts itching terribly and you just want to wipe this s*** off of your face. Bismuth's microscopic structure is crystal shaped. This pokes at your skin causing irritation and itching. I have no idea why a company deeming this as "all natural" and "good for your skin" would think that having bismuth in there foundation is a good idea. Bismuth is synthetic, not natural and its horrible for your skin. Ladies, please if you are interested in mineral makeup go for an online indie brand. They have no bismuth and are super cheap. I recommend Lucy minerals, Meow, or Joppa. Steer very clear of this and do not buy into all the marketing and fake hype!!!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by mrstaylor13

I wore this product in High School and absolutely loved it.. After about 2 yrs of continuous use, I suffered a breakout on my forehead that was very itchy and left tiny little flesh colered bumps EVERYWHERE.. I thought at first that it may have been my eczema, but I went to my derm and it was indeed acne. I discontinued use of this product for a while since I thought that it was contributing to the problem. Once I stopped using, my skin looked awesome.. But I missed using the BE since it was very fast in the morning.. I used it once more-by the end of the day my forehead was again COVERED in those tiny flesh colored bumps and itched like CRAZY!! I have since used it a few more times, and each time I do I breakout like crazy.. I will NEVER use BE again. Hope this helps!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ahmiee29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My very first time wearing foundation was this very foundation. I thought it was amazing because I didn't know any better. After trying and seeing the possibilities of other foundations, I've realized I've been living in a glass house during my relationship with BE. I recently decided to give this another go to see why I loved it so much to begin with. My only conclusion, and I had to stretch myself to come up with such, is that it didn't break me out. But how it emphasizes on all my imperfections, I might as well have broken out. If you have normal skin with no pores and no imperfections, this is the foundation for you. For all of us other gals blessed with imperfect skin, forget it. Coverage: mediocre. To boost that, lasting power (especially on oily skin) is zero to none. Oily control: none. Dry spot: this is a magnifying glass for those little flakes. And to add to it, in natural sunlight, you can see all the tiny shimmering sparkles! And as we all know shimmer with oil is not a very appealing look. After a few hours, mixed with your oils, you look like you can fry an egg on your face. (unless you love that look, go for it) If not, lets leave this foundation to the perfect skinned girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sarasweden99

Love it now!!!!! Okay so before i purchased it I actually read some of these reviews and most of them were bad. I bought it anyway and liked it! But once I watched this Youtube video on a girl who works in a BM store showed how to apply it properly and gave a lot of great tips, It helped me soooo much and now I love it. I thought you couldn´t get full coverage but you can! I just found out I was doing it all wrong... So the Youtube video was called --How to properly use your Bare Minerals starter kit-- By LoveShelbey.

PLEASE just watch the video and try out what she says you should do. It really do help a lot<3

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by VA219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Feels good on my skin and provides good coverage but I couldn't find an exact match to my skin tone even with the help of the SA.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by jbuckler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used bareminerals for 6-7 years and will never put another product on my face.I have used bareminerals for 6-7 years and will never put another product on my face. I work with over 40 wormen and we carry it in the salon I work at. I am 48yrs old, many of my team mates are in their early 20s, with some in their 60's. There are several different skin tones, types etc.., out of those 40 and I've never heard the problems from them like I hear on these posts.
It is really a shame that it did not work for you guys as it is an AMAZING product! (at least for 99.9% of the people I know that use it). Of course I always and will always recommend that people test drive anything before they buy it. We had several customers that had ordered it online, used it, and did not like it. BUT, when they came into our salon, we shade matched them, and chose the right formulas for them, NOW THEY LOVE IT.
Not knowing the individuals here in these post, ever seeing their skin or skin care regimens, I certainly cannot say where the problem is/was. And I would never discount someone's opinion/feeling/results without know that. I can only speak from my own experience. We see over 2000 guest per month, many of those who use bareminerals. Out of all of the customers we have that use it, I have only known of one that had a problem with it. With that said, this was not a 'regular' customer, so again, I cannot judge her opinion/feeling/results, since I could not see first hand what the problems she had at home when using it was. Regardless, as we want all of our guest to LOVE what hey purchase from us, we refunded her $ with no questions asked.
As far as coverage for mature skin, I am a 48 year old sun worshiper. My skin is dry, I have brown spots (dark ones!), fine lines, and I psoriasis. I have NO problem getting the coverage needed. I would strongly recommend that you have someone that knows what they are doing show you how to achieve this.
I would urge anyone to always go to a boutique or authorized salon and try it first (or maybe give it a 2nd try). If something can be changed, and it would work for you, you will fall in love with it.
I am not mentioning our salon name, for the very reason that I don't want this to sound like an advertisement. I don't care where you purchase it. And I'm certainly not advertising for bareminerals, as I get absolutely no kick back from them (in fact, our salon pays dearly to carry them in our salon). I am truly speaking from my love and great experience with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by lovelyyww

not enough coverage

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Fevrier78

Okayy... I just wore the foundie one time today and it gives me 2 cyctic acne on my chin and one on my right cheek by night when i cleaned my face.
My mistake was i bought BM before i saw the reviews and when i knew the rating of BM is not that great, i had the fear to use it, its like hit or miss kinda of stuff with BM.
Since i cant refund the BM and i didnt want to throw a whole new bottle, i just prayed it wouldnt give me any bad effects. Well... When i applied it to my face, yes i felt the itchiness like most people described but that time i couldnt wash my face cuz i was on the way to dinner party, soon the itchiness dissapeared. I took pictures during dinner party, my make up didnt look great on the pictures.in the car on the way home, it was around 2.30am, i could feel 2 little monsters on my chin and one on my right cheek. I washed my face and put BHA9 from Paula choice right away, strangely.. The BHA itched my skin... Like it was the first time you introduced your congested skin with exfoliant... Dun know what it means but i take it...its not good. I might try the BM again ( still not willing to trash it ) but not that soon probably next month, i will up date you again.