The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Emulsion Stabilizer), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (Viscosity Increasing Agent), HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer (Anticaking Agent), Fragrance (Fragrance), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Glycerin (Humectant), Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Polysilicone-11 (Film Former), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Silica (Absorbent), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Water (Solvent/Diluent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Mica (Opacifier), Titanium Dioxide (Colour).

on 10/29/2008 8:25:00 PM

I thought I would like this product since it was slightly similar to the old vitamin c I used to use. It was very heavy on my oily skin and did not absorb into my skin at all. I ended up switching to Philosophy's Vitamin C Turbo Boost, since you can mix it in with any product in your skin care regime. I gave this product a 2 to be fair since I only used it for 2 weeks (I just couldn't take the thickness anymore).

on 10/15/2008 3:19:00 PM

I'm not sure about this product. I like the smell and texture but when I apply it my makeup doesn't stay. So I can only use it at night. I dunno if it works haven't used it regularly enough.

on 9/30/2008 2:58:00 AM

I like the consistency and orange zesty smell. The problem is it has grapefruit oil and sesame seed oil which didn't really sound appealing if you have acne prone skin. Im still trying to finish the first bottle I purchased. So far no exciting results. And still got a little bit of acne down my chin. I was using sothys creme reparatrice for quite some time, then it stopped working for me. So decided to purchase this. Will keep updates if any noticeable change happens.

******** new review :: clogged my pores ang gave me oversized pimples down my chin. Will not repurchase. :( im using argan oil to heal my pimples at the moment.

on 9/24/2008 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got htis as part of a mixed set on ebay and am really glad i did. Ive really found a vitamin C product that suited me until i used this. It feels nice and smooth to apply, absorbs well and doesn't leave a film on the skin. My complexion looks brighter and healthier!

I tried this product for the first time last night. I smoothed it on after applying my night cream. I love the texture, it was more like a gel, feels nice on my skin and glides on smoothly all over. It has an orange nice smell..not strong just right.

When I woke up earlier this morning I look into the mirror and I was quite amazed with my complexion...It appeared somehow fairer, clearer, and fresher! I was quite impressed...didn't think Body Shop could score this good on its product.

And today at the office I look into the mirror again and notice my face is actually look more dewy and fair, looks healthier than ever!

I would definitely use this regularly and repurchase!

I think it will be really nice too to wear this only with my SPF moisturizer to create dewy and healthy look...it really made my skin looks flawless!!

Love and love this product!

on 9/3/2008 3:54:00 PM

I like this product. The texture is very nice i can spread it all over my face easily with only 1 pump =) Smells yummy. I've been using it for only a couple of days so im not sure if it works like other people say about it. But it does make my pores smaller! My skin feels smoother after applying it =) Quite expensive but i will buy it again **Update** 30 Nov 2008 I dont think I will buy it again now because it runs out incredibly quickly. There is nothing in the bottle in less than 2 months and I only pump it once each day! It's very easily absorbed but my spot scars are still there and it's not moisturing. Doesnt worth the money at all :(

on 8/24/2008 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm on the fence about this serum. I hate applying it cause I hate the siliconey, slippery feel when I put it on my face. I haven't really noticed any benefits with it either, but that might be because I haven't used it regularly enough to notice. I don't think I would repurchase because I don't find it pleasant to use. Why must they add so much silicone?!

on 8/5/2008 10:16:00 PM

I'm on the fence with this product. It helps calm any redness on my face and smells wonderful. However, I can't say it has done anything to help with acne scars or anything like that. I'm not liking the packaging because it's in an inconvenient ceramic bottle. When I came home with this, I found out that I had a crusty old bottle with no product. I dislike that you can't see how much product you are buying or if it's a bad bottle. The closest TBS I live near is far away so I had to make two trips to get a second bottle. It doesn't really do anything to my skin or add any glow. Also, it's kinda pricey for a little bottle ($26).

on 7/12/2008 8:50:00 PM

I love this product!!!!

I have been using it for just over 2 months now, and I love how my skin has taken to it (no breakouts or irritation --- soft, smooth, more even skin tone!). This serum makes my face feel soooooo soft, and works great as a primer underneath my mineral makeup (Everyday Minerals).

I love the fresh orange scent, really peps you up. After I have applied 1 pump of this to my face and neck, I cup my hands around my nose and inhale the orange smell for a few seconds. Ahhhhhh! Yum :)

on 7/10/2008 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I had a Body Shop at Home party, and while we didn't see this product promoted, I asked the consultant what she used on her beautiful skin and she said this was her favorite product. So I purchased this, and the moisturizer with the SPF15, and I just love it. I'm not even wearing foundation right now because my skin looks so good, and I'm in my late 40's!

I've used a lot of 'C' products, but none has felt so good, smelled as lovely or made a difference in my skin like this has. And this is soooo much less expensive than say Cellex C, etc.

Love!