Garnier Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

2.6

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this shampoo. It's a moisturizing shampoo that actually cleans my hair without leaving it feeling greasy. It's also one of the only drugstore brands that contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate instead of harsher sulfates. The price is great and I like the smell. What more could a girl want?

on 8/6/2005 11:40:00 PM

I love this! The bad reviews don't really surprise me because everyone's hair is different! I mean, some people love Pantene shampoos but for me they dried my hair out completely. So I find this really moisturizing for my hair, which I recently cut much shorter (shoulder length for me!) to get rid of split ends and regrow, etc. There is no Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in this, which is great because THAT is the sulfate to be afraid of. Otherwise, used with the conditioner, my hair feels silky, smooth and soft! I will continue to repurchase because my hair needs this!

on 8/4/2005 10:36:00 AM

I have come to realize that just about all shampoos and conditioners in the Garnier Fructis line are pretty much analogous as far as results and harsh ingredients go. Sure, your hair looks nice after one or two uses, however, my long, fine/straight hair was turned into rough straw in under a week. Not only that, but I began developing dandruff--and subsequently, a nasty build up of residue. (I have tried multiple shampoos/conditioners from Garnier and ended up with the same results each time.)

I suggest skipping over Garnier products; I will not purchase them again.

on 7/29/2005 3:16:00 AM

I didn't like this product at all. It didn't leave me with more moisturised hair as the product suggested. My ends were dry, and my scalp became itchy and irritated.

I also found that it promoted a lot of residue build-up, causing my scalp to flake. After using it, I'd get dandruff, even when thoroughly rinsing it out. I will never use it again.

on 5/30/2005 5:44:00 PM

A fine drugstore shampoo with a delicious fruity fragrance. It is moisturizing but not heavy. I've had nothing but a positive experience with this product so I'm a bit amazed at all the bile-laced reviews. I do use a clarifying shampoo every other week...maybe those who have had buildup problems do not? Anyway, just wanted to counter all the negative reviews by saying this product is pretty good!

on 5/28/2005 12:19:00 AM

Didn't like this. Pretty much for the same reason as everybody else who gave 1 lippie.

on 4/4/2005 8:46:00 PM

I bought the shampoo and the conditioner b/c they were on sale. It made my hair look horrible. I could not figure out why my hair was so limp, and why I was suddenly a white, flaky mess, until I realized it was this product. I had tried Garnier (with no luck) years ago when I lived in Europe, and was hoping the U.S. formulation was different, but I guess not. I do like the smell though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wow, I'm glad I wasn't alone! I had the same problems as everyone else, it didn't improve the condition of my hair at ALL, it just seemed to make it worse and I got some MAJOR residue buildup problems, even after just one use. BUt it did get worse each time. I had to use a clarifying shampoo two or three times just to get rid of this gunk. This was a big mistake.

on 2/1/2005 8:11:00 PM

I bought the shampoo, conditioner and 3 minutes masque of this line. I loved the crisp green apple smell of this product, it made me feel a little energized. It makes my hair feel super soft (air drying), but limp with definite build up. It's a good shampoo if you use a clarifying shampoo once or twice a week. However the price varies so much store to store that's it's frustrating to re-buy. Also, the caps are frustrating to open, especially when your hands are wet.

Edited to add that this shampoo split my hair something awful. I've never had this many split ends, terrible.

on 1/29/2005 1:17:00 PM

I tried it 2 or 3 years ago, based on the comments of some of my family members. However, except the nice and fresh scent, this shampoo did not improve the appearance of my hair.

It wasn't really moisturizing but instead it seemed to leave a residue on my hair. It worsens my frizzy hair - looked even more uncontrollably frizzy. Don't waste your money on this shampoo (even if it's cheap). continued >>

Popular Shampoos