Garnier Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

2.6

I loved this shampoo. My hair was dry and damaged with split ends and is frizzy and flyaway all the time, and after switching to using Garnier Fructis I immediately saw a dramatic difference (perhaps due to the fact that I was using Pantene previously). My hair became much more shinier and easier to tame, and feels so soft. I used it alongside the Fructis Conditioner and I must say this is my favorite shampoo so far. However after a long while of using it you can begin to see that the 'wonderful' effects starts to wear off and my hair is no longer as vibrant as when I first started using it. I think it is best that you switch to other shampoos after a while of using Fructis, before switching back, in order to regain those effects. Generally I don't like fruity smells in shampoos but for these results I tolerate it.

This shampoo gave my hair the most buildup that ive ever gotten from a shampoo, and my mistake... i used it even after it ruined my sister's scalp right before i started using the giant bottle that we bought together! It made the hair near my scalp very coarse and rough (and i normally have straight hair with virtually no frizz...) and it took a week or two to get my hair back to normal... horrible shampoo, not worth the great smell.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this shampoo. It's a moisturizing shampoo that actually cleans my hair without leaving it feeling greasy. It's also one of the only drugstore brands that contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate instead of harsher sulfates. The price is great and I like the smell. What more could a girl want?

I love this! The bad reviews don't really surprise me because everyone's hair is different! I mean, some people love Pantene shampoos but for me they dried my hair out completely. So I find this really moisturizing for my hair, which I recently cut much shorter (shoulder length for me!) to get rid of split ends and regrow, etc. There is no Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in this, which is great because THAT is the sulfate to be afraid of. Otherwise, used with the conditioner, my hair feels silky, smooth and soft! I will continue to repurchase because my hair needs this!

I have come to realize that just about all shampoos and conditioners in the Garnier Fructis line are pretty much analogous as far as results and harsh ingredients go. Sure, your hair looks nice after one or two uses, however, my long, fine/straight hair was turned into rough straw in under a week. Not only that, but I began developing dandruff--and subsequently, a nasty build up of residue. (I have tried multiple shampoos/conditioners from Garnier and ended up with the same results each time.)

I suggest skipping over Garnier products; I will not purchase them again.

I didn't like this product at all. It didn't leave me with more moisturised hair as the product suggested. My ends were dry, and my scalp became itchy and irritated.

I also found that it promoted a lot of residue build-up, causing my scalp to flake. After using it, I'd get dandruff, even when thoroughly rinsing it out. I will never use it again.

A fine drugstore shampoo with a delicious fruity fragrance. It is moisturizing but not heavy. I've had nothing but a positive experience with this product so I'm a bit amazed at all the bile-laced reviews. I do use a clarifying shampoo every other week...maybe those who have had buildup problems do not? Anyway, just wanted to counter all the negative reviews by saying this product is pretty good!

Didn't like this. Pretty much for the same reason as everybody else who gave 1 lippie.

I bought the shampoo and the conditioner b/c they were on sale. It made my hair look horrible. I could not figure out why my hair was so limp, and why I was suddenly a white, flaky mess, until I realized it was this product. I had tried Garnier (with no luck) years ago when I lived in Europe, and was hoping the U.S. formulation was different, but I guess not. I do like the smell though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Wow, I'm glad I wasn't alone! I had the same problems as everyone else, it didn't improve the condition of my hair at ALL, it just seemed to make it worse and I got some MAJOR residue buildup problems, even after just one use. BUt it did get worse each time. I had to use a clarifying shampoo two or three times just to get rid of this gunk. This was a big mistake.