MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl

4.3

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

This is one of the best highlighters around. I know a lot of people use this as an eyeshadow base which I personally don't care for. It causes the shadow to crease, which can be fine if you are looking for an organic glow. I do sometimes apply a little all over the lid on make-up and go days when I want a minimal makeup look. This can also be a good look for a day after the beach and pool when you just have a few seconds to pull yourself together and want to keep going. Most of the time though I use this product as a highlighter for under the brow and the cheekbone. This only needs to be applied minimally as it can easily be overused and create too much frost and shine. I use this on all of my fair skinned clients to blend hard edged lines created from eyeshadow between the lid and brow bone. If you apply just a touch with a fluffy eyeshadow brush and blend up to the brow it softens the edge and creates a beautiful highlight that can only be seen when the face is turned towards light. It has the same affect when applied at the high part of the cheekbone. Great great highlighter. I don't like doing a make-up without it.

on 12/7/2010 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

NW20, and I love this CCB. I use this over foundation, under powder and MAC MSF in Soft & Gentle and it really helps my highlighter stay all day long. Also looks really pretty under the brow bone and top of the lip. Plus this container will last me pretty close to forever so it's well worth the price. Very pretty highlighter.

on 12/1/2010 10:21:00 AM

I have this blush in Luna which is bright white, I use it as a brow, inner corner, and above the blush line highlighter. I really really like this product i only gave it a 4/5 because it gets dirty quickly because I can't find a synthetic brush MAC offers that can do all my highlighting needs so I use my fingers (which I hate). It goes on sheer, but you can build it up so it can be intense (for bar kinda looks) and slightly illuminates for a daytime look. I use it everyday and it feels so nice, Would repurchase again. Especially if I could find a brush from MAC...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I normally don't wear highlighters but this one is perfect for me! Its leaves just a subtle glow to my cheek bones and it blends very easily. I also love using this on clients!

I gave it a 4 because I find it sort of settles into my pores a little bit making them a little more noticeable but I don't think anyone would really notice or care about that except me (yes, my pores are visible that far up on my face). I also find that it dries out really fast. When I go to use it the next day the top layer is a little dry and I have to rub my finger around in it a little more to get some product out.

I will definitely repurchase though because its very complimentary on my skintone!

I will definitely repurchase this product.

on 10/8/2010 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I quite like this it's sheer but buildable and although it's a cream it's not sticky at all. Some might think this is a bit oily/greasy, so if you don't like the feeling or have very oily skin I wouldn't get this. I'm an nw30 and I thought this would be too white on me and look unnatural but this actually provides a very nice subtle sheen that's not too shimmery on my cheekbones and it provides a great base for MSF highlights or even blushes that you find dissapear too quickly. This is my first CCB, I cannot wait to try other colors.

on 9/9/2010 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love using pearl ccb to highlight my cheekbones, brown bones, down my nose, cupid's bow, and inner corners of the eye. It's so beautiful! It's not an over the top highlighter, which makes it great for every day use. Sometimes if I want a little more sheen I add some vanilla pigment over top of it - beautiful combo! This is my first ccb, and I can't wait to try more!

on 8/22/2010 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is the definition of dewy and glowing! I apply this on top of my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose and on top of my lips and it's amazing! This doesn't look oily, has that light champagne-y color which in my opinion goes with every skin tone, making you look healthy. I recently attended a wedding and wore this, I have a picture in my profile. Highly recommend this and will repurchase for as long as they make this!

on 7/31/2010 6:09:00 PM

This is a great product but I don't think this is a must-have. I only use it to add color to the inner corner of the eyes, which makes my eyes look really bright and pretty. I think it does a GREAT job of doing that. Other than that, I don't use it for anything else.
I think there are better highlight colors out there which is why I only use it for my inner corners of my eyes.
If you are looking for a highlight color for your cheeks then I think you can find better products out there, like Nars Albatross.

on 7/22/2010 4:35:00 PM

This was my favorite cream highlighter until it dried out on me. It's a pretty yellow pearl color, and blends beautifully when applied. Sadly, the loose sealed MAC packaging means the product can dry out pretty quick. I've have it for about a year, and it's already kind of hard to pick up with my fingers now. I'm sad, because the color is so perfect for highlighting the cheekbones and browbones.

If anyone has any tips on how to revive my Pearl, send me a mail and let me know please, I haven't given up on it yet.

on 7/6/2010 8:58:00 AM

nice highlighter product, easy to use and very versatile. use on my brows and cheeks.

Top Rated MAC Products