MAC Matte - Shadowy Lady

4.1

on 5/29/2009 1:36:00 PM

Very pretty and versatile! I can use this with a light hand for a natural, pretty look or smoke it up to look sexy. Shadowy Lady is a very dark matte plum that is of great quality. I love it. I use it on my lashline and blend upward for a pretty day time look and on my outer v for a nice night time look. I deducted one lipstick because some times it's a little hard to blend, but when it finally is blended it looks beautiful and stunning!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this is my fav to wear on the outter corners and the crease with stars and rockets on the lid

on 3/27/2009 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I needed a shade like MAC Shadowy Lady - I don't have another like it. Something matte and just as dark as an eggplant was what I had in mind.

I used this today in the outer v and crease fading lighter on the way to the inner eye. To blend it out into my highlight I used Trax as an in between and then got a semi - scratchy brush to sweep off the sparkles and got a perfectly plum look that my husband actually liked (he dislikes the color purple).

Granted, It's kinda boring but if you don't have a shade like this already and you like to wear purples pick this up to apply to the crease or outer v, or to layer over a liner to hold the line.

on 3/12/2009 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have been wearing this so much lately! I wore it to go shopping over Waveline, a navy Fluidline. I smoked out my eye with just this shade and lots of mascara and black pencil on the waterline. I wore it smokey style with this on the lid and blended through the crease and Deep Truth over he iris of the lid. Today I wore it on my lid with Smudged Violet over it. Lovely!

on 2/24/2009 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

A SA at MAC rec. this to me, I have brown eyes, brown hair and NW20. This is an ok shade, but very dark/dramatic to dirty-looking on me. I think I will return that and find something else.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Shawdowy Lady is a deep blackish plum (eggplant) color. It works well in the crease with handwritten and woodwinked layered. This color is much darker than I though it would be. I wouldn't purchase this color again.

on 11/5/2008 9:28:00 PM

I first bought this shadow to fulfill my deep obsession with purples. When I bought it I figured, after the large collection of shadows I've built up in M.A.C. I'd love any colour. However, this is not the case with Shadowy Lady. Don't get me wrong, the quality of this shadow in terms of blendability, pigmentation etc. is like all mac shadows, great. The only problem I had with this shadow is that I found it too dark. There just wasn't enough of the plum/purple in this shadow and when applied looks almost grey/black. It is a great alternative to black for a smokey eye, rest assured. Also, i'm sure when mixed with other purples, the purple comes out more. In the end though, it's just not what I was looking for and while I like it, I don't LOVE it.

on 9/26/2008 6:37:00 PM

i purchased the Shadowy Lady quad and love it. It works for all skintones and looks fabulous on all my friends (with different coloring). i'm a NC30, MUFE 120 for reference. i use the blue color, deep truth i believe, as an eyeliner under my Blitz & Glitz Fluidline.

on 8/3/2008 10:53:00 PM

I bought this to use as a liner with Shroom and Shale. I haven't tried it as a shadow, I think it would be too dark for me. But it's a nice, dark plum liner, softer thank black liner.

on 7/10/2008 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a lovely dark plum colour that looks beautiful as a liner. I cannot use this colour alone on the lid as it can give me that "bruised" kind of look, but when layered over a neutral, or a pale pink, it is can be used in the outer corners or the crease. I especially love this as a liner when I am doing pink or purple looks and want something softer than a black.

Top Rated MAC Products