July 28, 2014 | 1767 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 4:57:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

I have been wearing this so much lately! I wore it to go shopping over Waveline, a navy Fluidline. I smoked out my eye with just this shade and lots of mascara and black pencil on the waterline. I wore it smokey style with this on the lid and blended through the crease and Deep Truth over he iris of the lid. Today I wore it on my lid with Smudged Violet over it. Lovely!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A SA at MAC rec. this to me, I have brown eyes, brown hair and NW20. This is an ok shade, but very dark/dramatic to dirty-looking on me. I think I will return that and find something else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shawdowy Lady is a deep blackish plum (eggplant) color. It works well in the crease with handwritten and woodwinked layered. This color is much darker than I though it would be. I wouldn't purchase this color again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by MissAmbie

I first bought this shadow to fulfill my deep obsession with purples. When I bought it I figured, after the large collection of shadows I've built up in M.A.C. I'd love any colour. However, this is not the case with Shadowy Lady. Don't get me wrong, the quality of this shadow in terms of blendability, pigmentation etc. is like all mac shadows, great. The only problem I had with this shadow is that I found it too dark. There just wasn't enough of the plum/purple in this shadow and when applied looks almost grey/black. It is a great alternative to black for a smokey eye, rest assured. Also, i'm sure when mixed with other purples, the purple comes out more. In the end though, it's just not what I was looking for and while I like it, I don't LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by xoxo1598

i purchased the Shadowy Lady quad and love it. It works for all skintones and looks fabulous on all my friends (with different coloring). i'm a NC30, MUFE 120 for reference. i use the blue color, deep truth i believe, as an eyeliner under my Blitz & Glitz Fluidline.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by creedmah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this to use as a liner with Shroom and Shale. I haven't tried it as a shadow, I think it would be too dark for me. But it's a nice, dark plum liner, softer thank black liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by leenybeeny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely dark plum colour that looks beautiful as a liner. I cannot use this colour alone on the lid as it can give me that "bruised" kind of look, but when layered over a neutral, or a pale pink, it is can be used in the outer corners or the crease. I especially love this as a liner when I am doing pink or purple looks and want something softer than a black.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 5:44:00 PM More reviews by macalcia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's a nice dark plum, but it works better for me as an eyeliner. In any other way it gets a little muddy and gives me a tired look - guess it's because of the slight ammount of red/purple in it. I've lost it somehow and I really don't miss it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 12:55:00 AM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received so many compliments from wearing this shade along with some others. This shade is VERY dark with a matte finish, so a little bit goes a long way. I'm an NC15, and I wear this as an accent in the outer corners of my eyes. This is the clor combination I use: I use Paints in Chiarusco as a primer on my entire lid. I apply Scene in the crease, Digit on the lid and Dazzlelight on the browbone. Then I apply Shadowy Lady on the outer corner. I finish it off with my Fluidline in Blacktrack and mascara. Not an everyday look, but great if I'm wearing blue or purple or for a night out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by nicoleh619

An MA suggested this to me instead of buying a refill pan of carbon, saying that shadowy lady blended better and was slighty lighter and gave a better crease color than carbon. After using both colors I would have to agree, I love to use this with purples pinks plums golds. Its lovely and seems to last forever. I find it a very sophisticated crease and outer corner color.