August 29, 2014 | 927 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Feria Haircolor

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only just started dying my hair and it took a lot of consideration to find the right color to put over my so-dark-brown-it-looks-black hair. I bought the color called Midnight Ruby, a purplish-red color that is more likely to show up when you're in the light. It's a pleasant subtle change on my hair, however, it bronzes pretty easily. But the more I dye it, the lighter it turns, which I like because it's starting to look more red. I am also in love with the conditioner it comes with.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by summerh22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

review for l'oreal feria - desert flower 82

before i colored my hair with this shade i couldn't find any reviews so i figured someone might find this useful.
my natural hair color is light brown, i guess ash brown, though i pull red really easy, my skin is on the warm side, and the color of my eyes too. that said, before this i dyed my hair several times with the lightest ash blonde by loreal preference, and it would always come out as a nice medium beige blonde. as the color was washing out my hair became kind of yellow. anyhow, i figured as desert rose 82 seemed very ashy i'd try it. so my roots were my natural light brown and the rest of my hair (neck length, 1 box was more than enough) was kind of yellowish medium blonde. after the dye the result is a medium beige blonde. so the yellow is gone, but nothing dramatic. the plus is that the color is even all over, my roots are pretty much the same as the rest of my hair. i can't tell that i notice much shimmering. the smell of the dye isn't unbearable, and my hair after isn't extremely dry. i guess if you're hair is lighter blonde the shade will come out closer to that on the box. overall not terrible but nothing special either. will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by trixonbrixton

I used the shade 66 or Very Rich Auburn.

This was my first time using the Feria line from L'Oreal and I was not impressed. My hair had been lifted to a light brown color so I was expecting a nice warm, vibrant red hue. What I ended up with instead was a very dark brown, almost black shade, that turned red-ish in the sun. This isn't that bad for me, because I'm planning on going black soon anyway but for anyone looking to have a bright red color, this is not the drugstore dye to do the job!

Perhaps I left it on for too long, or I mixed it in a bowl with a brush rather than use the pointed applicator tool and bottle, or I just hadn't lightened my hair enough, but this isn't the dye for me.

I don't plan on purchasing this dye again any time soon, perhaps I'll try a different color, like their jet black with blue hues, but only if I'm in the right mood.

Not true to box color, not even close, actually, but that's what I get for using a drugstore box dye.

At least I'm happy with the results, even if it is rather dark.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by chelsea8499

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought 2 bottles of the color Starry Night and it was more than enough for my hair. I've dyed my hair before so i knew what i was doing.

When it was done my hair was jet black, not soft black like i expected.

I was really upset but i figured it would fade. It did, A LOT. In about 2 washes most of the color was gone and i was left with splotchy brown and soft black hair. It looked really awful and the hair dye smell stuck to my hair for almost a month.

I just left it for almost two months because i was scared to try to fix it at home and it's still splotchy and my roots are grown out and it's just awful. Now i have to pay 70 dollars to get it fixed at a salon.

This is the worst hair dye i've ever used.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tries Feria Extra Bleached Blonde to try and lift the ash brown in my hair to a blonde. Instead if made my hair bright orange. Not only that but I had to put the air conditioning on and still could hardly breath because of the fumes from the product. It worked fast but within 10 minutes my hair felt and looked fried. I was glad I had cropped hair that I can shave off and start over. I can't imagine the damage it would do to longer hair.
You get a lot of product but i'd rather it went on the actual hair dye than the conditioner they include. If you have really short hair you can use this twice though. I used it once and for $12 it's way over priced for the damage it does.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by LaPetiteOphelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got hooked on the Feria color Hot Toffee, and they pulled it from every store shelf in the Greater Pittsburgh area! I was absolutely livid! I used to get compliments on my hair every time I went out. I was some shade of blonde for 20 years, then decided it was time to go darker because the blonde started to look fake and tacky on my skin tone. I found this light brown/coppery shade and loved it! I loved the smell - compared to the Les Blondisemmes I had used for years - this stuff smelled like wine! It always colored completely - and even for my long hair I only needed one box. It left my hair shiny, soft and manageable every time. When I would get my hair cut, the stylist always was impressed at the texture and quality of my hair. Never straw-like and dried out. My hair seemed to love it. I used it for almost two years when the lovely marketing experts at L'Oreal decided that color wasn't selling enough in our area of the country and decided to discontinue it. I called L'Oreal and asked them if it was still available or was it discontinued, and I was assured it was still for sale and would be around for a long time. WRONG! To make a long story short, I now pay five times that amount to have my hair dyed the exact same color as it was. I would let my hair go natural if I could, but I went prematurely gray in my 30's, so this is not an option. Thanks, L'Oreal, for all your wonderful help - not!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by RedHairAndNeonSpirit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everytime I dye my hair, I always use this brand. I only use the "True Red" color, so I have not tried any of the others. First off, the dye itself and all that it comes with. There's a lot of stuff that it comes with, including a little "aroma" packet. I like the smell of this dye more than any other. I also like the color my hair turns after. It turns this magenta/red/pink color (I have naturally dark brown hair) which usually lasts quite awhile. People always stop me and say that my hair color is gorgeous, and I always tell them that I use L'Oreal Feria. It does make my hair feel a bit dry, but not for long. My hair has this shimmery look after it dries from using this, and the color always stay. It does start to fade A BIT at the ends of my hair to an orange color, but it still looks good. People say that my hair reminds them of a red velvet cupcake, which is what I actually wanted my hair to look like! So as for their Power Reds line, do check it out. I havent heard great reviews about their brown colors, but their reds are definitely worthy. I really only use their brand red dye now, and I always dye my hair the same color so it's a consistent red. This is an all around great red hair dye!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by satinribbons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the Soft Polished Black Feria shade I get at Sally's Beauty Supply as it delivers the shiny, deep blue shade I so love. For a while anyway, then it fades. It also dries my hair if I use it with the Feria developer its supposed to be used with (about a 25 vol.), so I use it with a generic 10 vol., that way it deposits the color better and doesn't dry my hair as much. I wouldn't buy it except for the fact that I can't find that bright blue shade with any other brand. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by NMitchel

Love, love LOVE Feria!!! Honestly I have only tried one colour (one of the reds, I can't remember which colour, sorry!) and I have to say I LOVED it! It was the only red I've ever dyed my hair (I've dyed my hair many reds) that didn't need a stupidly insane upkeep schedule. It was so gorgeous and bright! Honestly only one lippie off because I think the price is a little steep for a drug store brand but you can always catch them on sale or find coupons :) I highly recommend Feria.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by navywendy

this stuff left my hair crunchy. it's aweful. the color was one dimensional and dull. there was no shine at all, even my mom asked what i had done to my hair as it looked so lifeless. never again