October 22, 2014 | 1841 users online

Shampoo - Phyto - Phytonectar Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2003 8:29:00 PM More reviews by fallinghair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Works well on black hair, relaxed or natural. It leaves my hair nice and soft and sort of detangled. Plus I love the smell of oranges. The glass bottle is a minus. Also it has SLS in it so I don't put it on my sensitive scalp just my hair

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2003 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Wendiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shampoo felt so thick and nourishing. It did not dry out my coarse/relaxed hair. It's definitely one of the better shampoos that I've used and I've tried many. I would definitely recommend this product if you have dry/coarse hair. It's worth a try. I didn't have to use much product while shampooing my hair so the bottle will probably last for a while. I alternate between Bain Satin 3 (kerastase) and this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2003 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Shells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I, like just about everyone else, HATE the glass bottle that this comes in. Other than that, this is a decent shampoo. I didn't buy it hoping that it would 'improve' my hair, I just wanted something that wouldn't add to the damage that I do to it. It is super rich and thick, lathers nicely, and leaves my hair soft and shiney. I'm impressed. But the scent?! OMG. Opinion is a funny thing, I'm surprised other people don't despise it the way I do, lol. On Sephora.com it was described as delicious or something...Again, OMG. It smells (to me) like a skunk that crawled out of another skunk's @ss. I didn't get a bad one, because I exchanged it for another. UGH! I can't even describe it in a civil way, but thank God it doesn't stick with my hair! *YIPE*! I'd buy this again, but not right away..I do feel that other products give decent results for a fraction of the price without making me gag while using them. ;) continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2003 10:50:00 AM More reviews by bmichlig

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I picked this hoping it would really soften and smooth my curly hair. I loved the scent (orange blossom), hated the bottle (glass!!), felt okay about the low foaming action (shampoos without heavy surfactants and detergents dont' lather much, but they do clean well). I found that I prefer my $5 John Frieda Frizz Ease shampoo to this $25 one. My hair would feel clean only for 2 days, then it just got sort of matted looking. I usually shampoo about once every 5 or 6 days. I ended up sending this product back to Sephora. I really really wanted to love it, wanted it to work, but for me, it was just a no go.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2003 12:57:00 PM More reviews by lorrainegb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this to care for my newly thermally-reconditioned hair (with Neutrogena's detangling conditioner). It's very rich, and I LOVE the floral orange scent. The only problem is its very breakable glass bottle. Phyto, if you're reading this...go plastic already :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2003 6:15:00 AM More reviews by reesiep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this shampoo! I was advised by my hair stylist to use this occasionally since its similar to a protein shampoo. I alternate this with Phytojoba and really love the results. My once unmanageable hair is now a dream! I actually look forward to washing my hair now. This whole line is excellent and worth the money, in my opinion

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2003 10:34:00 PM More reviews by ambient28

This is a great shampoo for dry ,thick, coarse hair like mine. it made my hair feel conditioned,controlled and defrizzed.That said, I would not likely buy this product again . Why? Because of the fragrance. This product has a overwhelming orange blossom scent that is just too overpowering to be borne. Even as I write, my nose burns thinking about it. Really. The fact that I dropped the glass bottle on the floor of my shower after 2 uses didn't help matters. All that scent just can't be good for you !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2003 11:37:00 PM More reviews by palova13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love, love, love this stuff. I use both the shampoo and the pre-shampoo treatment. I have very dry, damaged hair due to straight ironing my poor hair daily. And so after trying phytojojoba and kerastase bain 2, neither of which worked, I decided to try this. My hair has never looked or felt healthier. It is shiny and strong! yay! I use the preshampoo every week right now, but I will probably be able to start using it every other week soon. The shampoo I use every 2 to 3 days. So if you have extremely dry/damaged hair go buy this

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2003 12:42:00 PM More reviews by mutleyo

this shampoo made my hair so dry. i have tried a couple of the phyto shampoos and this is the only one i didn't like. however, i LOVE the smell of it so i use it as shower gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2003 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Iwrkot2

This is the best shampoo for really dry and damaged hair. When I rinsed my hair after shampooing with it I would have sworn I was rinsing out my conditioner instead. My hair has never been this soft while damaged as it is (it's been through bleaching, relaxing, coloring, etc). It's pricey but I got a good deal on Ebay. Would definitely buy again.