L'Oreal Sublime Bronze

3.4

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Where to begin. I'm so torn on this product. The smell is hands down the worst thing I've ever put on my skin. And showering the day after, eww the steam from the shower just brought the smell to life again. Sick. I can look past the glitter. That washes away. It wasn't really "instant action". I shaved, exfoliated well, and moisturized because my skin is super dry after showers. I think I turned 94 years old while I was rubbing this in. Reviews on multiple sites said be sure to 'work fast and rub in well'. Goodness I don't know how much longer I could have spent doing so. My palms went numb. I guess I was just so pale to begin with?? But the lower part of my legs were streaky. The only place I liked the results were my arms. But near my wrists, seriously orange. My stomach area looked yellow for some reason. I don't know what I did wrong with this. I'll try it again....eventually....when I get some bravery. Ah. I wish my favorite self tanner was somewhere to be found!

This product smells like death. Also, i turned a green/yellow color, similar to if i had a liver disease (i don't?)
This definitely isn't my first self tanner, so I know how to properly apply,exfoliate, etc. However, I had streaks all up and down my legs and arms. Horrible product, absolute waste of time and money.

on 4/11/2011 7:27:00 PM

I don't know what they meant by streak free, but I think our definitions are not on the same page! I cleansed, I exfoliated, and I apply evenly. It looked greenish when I first applied and then turned orange by the next morning with splotches and streaks on my arms and legs. I hate that I wasted my money.

on 4/8/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

HORRIBLE product. I used this thinking I would get natural tan results or at best, a nice skin tone in the Winter, instead it came out Orange, streaky just dreadful. The smell is horrific even when I mixed it with my Burt's Bee Baby lotion which is YUM, by the way..... I would never suggest this product- How dare Eva Longoria make us think that her skin color is due to this product..LOL.

on 3/28/2011 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Gives a rich, dark tan with no streaks, after only one application. But it takes forever to dry and makes me break out severely.

on 3/28/2011 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've never had a problem with this self-tanner. I usually use this of Victoria's Secret line of self-tanners. For me, this provides a natural looking color that isn't too dark but still provides a noticeable difference. I don't normally have a problem with uneven areas because I mix this with some body lotion. Doing so does lessen the color a bit, but I'd rather do that than have uneven patches of color. It lasts probably about 3 days before I need to apply again, which I don't really mind since application isn't too difficult. They have a gel formula I believe, along with the original creamy kind. I prefer the cream, because I think it is easier to see when I apply it. This is a tanner I'd repurchase, especially since it doesn't break my wallet.

on 3/27/2011 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I bought this since prom is coming up and need a tan right away. This self-tanner just makes me go !@$%& WORST SELF-TANNER EVER!! SO uneven ,steaks like hell ,not natural looking at all. DONT BUY IT!! It frustrated me so dang much!

on 3/25/2011 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product will give you that fake tan look but it takes a while to dry and the smell does not go away. It does not moisterize well. It will also leave obvious orange marks in certain places if you do not blend it well. I tan several times a week and thought this would help me maintain my glow but it the smell and orange look are not worth it for me. I would not purchase again unless there was no other tanner available.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this off and on throughout the years. I am absolutely obsessed with a deep dark tan. However, I am afraid of the damage tanning is doing to my skin, so I'm cutting down tanning beds and using a lot more self tanner.

First off, I would never put this on my face. I use Clarins gel for my face.

For my body, I usually apply this after exfoliating in the shower. Then I apply a thin coat of moisturizer, and then a thin coat of Sublime. I don't use gloves, but I do scrub my hands immediately after I'm done applying. I've never had a problem with this staining my hands or nails. I usually apply it at night because this self tanner makes me look like a disco ball. Yikes. Too much glitter! Unless you are on a tropical beach, heading off to a romantic candle light dinner with your boy toy, this much glitter is not appropriate for the daytime and is a bit frightening. Apply this at night, sleep on it, and shower in the morning. Then you will have perfect color without the obnoxious amount of glitter! I haven't had any problems with this staining my clothes, but I did find a small amount of glitter on my black bra.

Otherwise, this product is pretty long lasting. I simply just apply moisturizer every morning to prolong it. It lasts about 5 days before fading and getting patchy. The color is dark and natural.

I don't get any of the negative reviews! This is my first self tanner and I love it! I have the deep shade because I have naturally tanned skin so I can handle dark dark bronze. The only thing that's Orange is my palms, so ill be wearing gloves next time. I look like I went on vacation; not one streak I love the shimmer and the smell goes away after it dries (and it dries fast). I would rather a pump though I'm constantly opening and closing the top. I love this