April 16, 2014 | 1913 users online

Treatments - Aveda - botanical kinetics exfoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2004 8:37:00 PM More reviews by gingingin200

This is my staple exfoliant. I have come back to this over and over again as it works so effectively. The only thing is that since this has BHAs, I need to remember that if I want to use AHAs at night. I use this about every other day, and has consistently performed for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2004 6:43:00 AM More reviews by yaya74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A good item for people with acne-prone skin. It really removes debris from the skin surface. Great to be used with Aveda's clay masque.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2004 10:46:00 PM More reviews by windsorsgirl

I really like this stuff! Not too expensive- $17 for 5 oz. which actually lasts a while. It leaves my skin sooo much softer than when I dont use it. Also, I am not running out and using much less than I usually do and my skin is breaking out much more than it normally does...And I think its because I havent been using my Exfoliant as often! I love the frosted green glass bottle, and the fresh nature-y scent. I love aveda!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2004 11:40:00 PM More reviews by LDDC

I love this stuff. I use it in the evening after washing my face and I feel that it helps my moisturizer soak in better....and perhaps even work a little deeper. I use an abraisive exfoliant scrub once a week...but this is the perfect product to gently remove dead skin cells every evening to maintain a healthy glow!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2004 9:13:00 AM More reviews by emem

I've been using Aveda's Exfoliant for a few months now, and there's no noticeable difference for me - it didn't tighten or unclog my pores or clarify my skin (my forehead looks particularly dull). The exfoliant doesn't feel or look like it's working, it kinda just sits on top of my skin and takes a while to sink in. It does make my skin soft, but that's not what I want in a toner/exfoliant! I use this toner in the PM only, because I have a fantastic AM toner (Dr. Hauschka's Clarifying Toner). It's too bad Exfoliant wasn't for me - Aveda is one of my favorite product lines. NOTE: This is the second time I've tried the small bottle of Exfoliant, but I'm not going to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2004 8:19:00 AM More reviews by sugarbaby_00

i used the whole aveda range for a while, and it made my skin beautiful, but after a few months, i got stress related acne, and it didn't help the problem at all, so i now use ella bache products, and get regular facials at a fraction of the cost of aveda. i do however, still have one of the large bottles of exfoliant... and when i paid $160 for it.. i guess i'll have to return to using it at some stage!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2004 10:48:00 PM More reviews by FrouFrouStuff

I purchased this because I was suckered by the gal who did my facial. But hey, it worked for me!!! It totally unclogged my pores and got rid of the zits that I usually get around my hairline! At first I thought it would dry out my skin...but it didn't! I have been able to walk around my house w/o moisturizer afterwards. Usually when I walk around my house w/o moisturizer, my face always feels like cracking...but not with this Exfoliant! (I still apply moisturizer, nevertheless!!)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2004 3:52:00 PM More reviews by pilarakemi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this exfoliant! I use it in the AM and PM as a toner. It leaves my skin feeling clean, fresh and pretty. UPDATE: I love the smell but after a while I didn't see any improvement in my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2004 12:35:00 AM More reviews by jacq16

I can honestly say that this product did absolutely nothing for my skin. I may as well have been wiping water over my face. I like Aveda in general, but this product seems like a gimmick.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2004 4:35:00 PM More reviews by gaeadea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had limited success with this product. I did notice its exfoliating effects, but it was not as good as a exfoliator with scrubbing particles in it.