MAC Satin - Grain

4.5

on 11/2/2009 2:39:00 PM

When I first received Grain, I was a bit disappointed and thought it was too dark.

However, I find it is a very nice color on the moving lid. It looks really good! So, now I find myself reaching for it more and more.

I am v. fair-skinned.

on 5/10/2009 11:31:00 AM

love this! the picture looks darker than this actually is, fyi. i'm between shades NC15 and NC20 and this matches my skintone. i was stuck between this and brule, i ended up getting this because i prefer the satin texture to matte. there's no shimmer, it doesn't look chalky like matte can, and it blends really easily.

this is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. i love it all over my lid to even out the skin and brighten my eyes up a little bit, and i also use it to blend out crease colors.

it's not a very interesting color, but it's incredibly useful and i'd consider it a staple.

on 3/8/2009 10:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this color because it has more dimension to it than other MAC eyeshadows similar to it. It's great as a lid color or as a highlight. It just looks very clean, has a nice sheen (not shimmer) to it, and is just a really pretty neutral color.

on 2/5/2009 7:02:00 PM

this is the base color I have been looking for a while now, it is not shimmery which works great with all kinds of other shadows. I normally use this to tone down other shadows, the texture is great.

on 1/30/2009 4:39:00 PM

I bought this based on the good reviews on MUA. It was my very first MAC product! I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I received the product. I didn't see what the fuss was all about.. The color is a a nude beige with a tiny bit of shimmer. It's not very pigmented and the finish is 'satin'. It's not the best eyeshadow I've tried but I'm starting to like the color as it is a good nude to use as a base! There are probably better nudes out there so I'm not sure whether I will buy Grain again, but I might - it all depends on what I find!

on 1/4/2009 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

it was love for the first sight,i am buying it again and again, just perfect for me, and for my deep sey eyes, i use every single day alone, with dark brown, just with a liner.. very versatile and brightens up my face so amazingly.. somehow my make never looks too artificial or made up.. always repurchase:)

on 12/1/2008 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is in my top 5 fave mac e/s of all time...my lids but better. The satiny finish is gorgeous - looks like your lids are subtly glowing. This is a wonderful fleshtone peach, which is nothing but brightening without ever being frosty or OTT. Smooth and pigmented. NC35/Oily/MMM

on 11/19/2008 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely gorgeous peach/beige color that isn't too pinky or too brown. It's perfect for everyday wear, and it is a staple in my makeup bag. The slight shimmer brightens my eyes immensely and gives my face a fresh look. I'm just sorry I didn't know about this color sooner!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Love, love, LOVE. I got this for free after I e-mailed MAC about their amazing customer service. I pretty much use this every day as a base, or alone, when I'm too lazy to really do my makeup. This is the only eyeshadow I've ever had that I've run out of! Will def buy again!

on 8/24/2008 7:56:00 PM

Having had my fair share of MAC shadows, I will say this is the ONLY one I've hit pan on. Not only hit pan but literally scraped the last bits of before buying again. This is the dark horse of MAC's line, I think. It's the perfect champagne...not too peachy and not too pink. It's along the lines of Naked Lunch without the over the top shimmer that color puts on my aging eyes. I've also used this as face highlighter and, when tan, a slight blush for nice evening reflection. This is my daily go-to shadow and the ONLY one I have ever repurchased from MAC.

Top Rated MAC Products