September 2, 2014 | 1870 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Grain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

it was love for the first sight,i am buying it again and again, just perfect for me, and for my deep sey eyes, i use every single day alone, with dark brown, just with a liner.. very versatile and brightens up my face so amazingly.. somehow my make never looks too artificial or made up.. always repurchase:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is in my top 5 fave mac e/s of all time...my lids but better. The satiny finish is gorgeous - looks like your lids are subtly glowing. This is a wonderful fleshtone peach, which is nothing but brightening without ever being frosty or OTT. Smooth and pigmented. NC35/Oily/MMM

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 11:34:00 AM More reviews by igrayne01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely gorgeous peach/beige color that isn't too pinky or too brown. It's perfect for everyday wear, and it is a staple in my makeup bag. The slight shimmer brightens my eyes immensely and gives my face a fresh look. I'm just sorry I didn't know about this color sooner!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by satellitedreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love, love, LOVE. I got this for free after I e-mailed MAC about their amazing customer service. I pretty much use this every day as a base, or alone, when I'm too lazy to really do my makeup. This is the only eyeshadow I've ever had that I've run out of! Will def buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Having had my fair share of MAC shadows, I will say this is the ONLY one I've hit pan on. Not only hit pan but literally scraped the last bits of before buying again. This is the dark horse of MAC's line, I think. It's the perfect champagne...not too peachy and not too pink. It's along the lines of Naked Lunch without the over the top shimmer that color puts on my aging eyes. I've also used this as face highlighter and, when tan, a slight blush for nice evening reflection. This is my daily go-to shadow and the ONLY one I have ever repurchased from MAC.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by mmlvr

Even though there's nothing special about this eyeshadow, it's a really good base color. I normally go for more colorful shadows but i do like this one. I don't think i'll run out but if i do, i'll probably repurchase.

ok so i ended it up giving it away cause i got sooooooo bored of it. i actually don't know why i said i liked it. i guess i was just trying to convince myself....yeah, i don't like it at all

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 6:41:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I thought I loved Era but Grain might be even more perfect for my coloring. Light champagne-y peachy beige that adds a touch of light to my lids. Lovely shimmer, not frost. This allows me to be super minimalist and still polished when I feel like it. Looks fantastic with Cork and Ricepaper for a foolproof neutral eye, but will play nice with all your more exciting colors too. Total staple item.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by lasoltera

I got this color for free from MAC because I sent an email raving about some good service I rec'd at their counter. Anyway. When I first tried it, I did it as a wash from lashline to browns. Didn't like it, hated it. Went back to my Ricepaper. Never touched it again. But then I used Ricepaper as a wash and Espresso in crease and did this just on the lower lid area and it is beautiful. =)
Also FYI, I used Painterly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2007 4:35:00 PM More reviews by bauer32301

I love this e/s. It's the perfect warm neutral with shine NOT shimmer. It makes your eyelids glow. Nice beigey-pinky tone without being boring. Beige tones are usually too bland on me and pink is too out there, but Grain is the perfect blend. Works great by itself or with other hues.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

A favorite MAC shade of mine. LOVE the satin texture- blendable with a little sheen to it. Color is a light peach champagne that is just a tad darker than my natural lid color. Looks gorgeous on the lid with Cork in the crease and Shroom to highlight. This also works with cooler colors like Quarry, a mauve brown. Definately a great neutral.