Dior Dior Abricot Creme for Nails

4.4

Lanolin, Aqua (Water), Parrafinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Glycerin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol , Lecithin, Sorbic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Aluminum Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Geraniol, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), BHT, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal.

on 9/6/2007 4:13:00 AM

I finally managed to get a little pot of this balm. The packaging is not great, for it may get a bit sticky in the border of the jar, when the cream is still unused or even hardly used.
Texture-wise it is a balm, and quite sticky and gooey at that. However I don't find it hard to remove it. You just massage until absorbed and in the end the sticky felling is completely gone.
I paid 20 for that, which is quite expensive for a nail product, but I am quite happy with the delivery so far.
You can feel little bits of dry cuticle coming out when you massage it, and it's quite good to get rid of that "excess"!
One thing I don't like is the smell. Some people seem to love it, but I think it's sweet and fruity (apricots of course) with a slight "stale" medicinal quality to it. But it doesn't last, which is good!
Overall a good product for dry skin in the cuticles. I have not used it long enough to confirm if the nails themselves really get stronger. But time will tell!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Goop city but I love it so. I use this when I want to pamper myself, or as the French say, really "tartiner". This is a once or twice weekly cuticle cream for me during the summer and nightly during the winter. Wish it came in packaging easier to use in the dark, as I put it on before I go to bed. Efficient product that keeps its promises, since I have started using it my cuticles are softer and my nails stronger.

What a wonderful cuticle/ nail creme!! A nice, thick, emollient texture. One complaint...I wish the tin was prettier (its just plain white plastic...Dior packaging is usually much nicer).

on 10/20/2006 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for years. I first found it through my grandmother. I thought with the beautiful porcelain jar, it must be an antique. But lo, they still make it. Orangey-pink, makes the nails really healthy. I rub this in to fingers and toes unpolished every night. My nails are hard and grow like gangbusters. Such a gourmet product, it looks lovely in the boudoir. I grap my beau's toes every now and then, and he submits in exchange for a footrub.

on 3/24/2006 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've got pretty good nails but always had dodgy rough skin around them and needed a monthly manicure to keep the cuticles under control. This stuff is an absolute godsend. I use it morning and night - just a tiny blob on each finger - rub it in and off you go. The skin around my nails is just looking gorgeous and I honestly don't need to have manicures because my cuticles are virtually non existent. My mother ended up trying and then buying it and said that her nails aren't splitting as easily as they used to and that's after a month. The tub will last me about a year and it's worth every single cent.

on 4/13/2005 1:25:00 PM

I LOVE this product! It is really effective and beneficial for my dry cuticles. The consistency of this cream is thick, almost like a balm, but it is not greasy. I thought I would use it only before going to bed but it sinks into the skin so fast that I can safely use it during a day, too. I also like a simple small white container.

on 3/23/2005 6:50:00 AM

This is the best nail cream I've tried, but it's really sticky, so it's best applied at night. It hasn't done miracles, but nothing seems to do so for my nails, so I'll stick with it. The packaging looks cheap, which you wouldn't expect from such an expensive product. On the bright side, it will last a while.

on 3/2/2005 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I don't think this does anything. I haven't noticed a difference in my cuticles. Plus, it's really sticky and waxy and annoying to get off your fingers.

on 8/4/2004 12:09:00 PM

I love this nail creme. I look forward to using it every night. I have tried other nail cremes and they just don't do the trick. One jar will last for a long time! I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 12/27/2003 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product smells wonderful and works great. There's nothing worse than dry skin on your hands and nails catching on everything and this certainly helps.

Popular Treatments