NARS Body Glow

3.1

Coconut Oil, Mineral Oil, Sunflower seed oil, Silica, Gardenia Tahitensis flower, Ethylhexyl Methohycinnamate, Parfum, Bixa Orellana seed extract, Tocopherol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Butyphenyl methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, CI 61565 (green 6), CI 26100 (red 17), CI 47000 (yellow 11))

on 2/17/2004 12:48:00 PM

I should have written this review a long time ago to save anyone who is wondering what this product is like. three words: glorified tanning oil. the only reason I gave it 2 lippies is because it looks nice in the bottle, but in theory I should have given it just one because it is a glass bottle and trying to handle a glass bottle when you've just oiled yourself up with this stuff is ridiculous! I was lucky enough to get a sample from an MA at Sephora instead of wasting my money on it, and I'm so glad I did. oh yes, and the product solidifies if left to sit for too long. YUCK!

OK the $180AU price tag intriuged me and it does smell lovely but it is a pain to apply in winter and the bottle freezes up. I also need to put on two or three coats of this so it takes up more time than the Giorgio Armani Bronze Mania gel which I love so much more than this.

on 1/5/2004 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Gives a great suntanned look. The smell is an acquired one though. The oils are smelly. Glides on smooth without much concern for evening out color. No orange after glow. Definitely recommend despite the large price tag.

on 12/30/2003 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

this smells very similar to Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Aloha Tiare to me. Like gardenia, coconut, and yes, suntan oil. I just don't have occasion to wear it very often, only in summer. You have to wonder if it's going to leave a brown stain where you were sitting (that always troubled me.) It's a lovely product and i WANT to love it, but I don't, and here's why: the smell is SO strong that it's distracting, even. The feel is so oily that I find myself thinking about it too much. It's like when you wear a new shirt that's different from what you're used to wearing, so you're pulling and tugging at it. I am so conscious of this product when i have it on me, that

on 12/2/2003 12:42:00 AM

ive been dying to try this for ages, but the aus$180 price tag has always put me off, till now... Firstly the bottle was way smaller then i was expecting, i had not checked how large it was, just assuming that it was a big of the picture - duh. But i love the smell,reading some of the reviews i was a bit worried that it would be a bit much, but luckily we all have a different sense of smell! Also although i did want a higher impact bronzer i actually like and am much happier with the subtle glow it does give, it looks better then the overcooked tanned paris hilton look( which i admit did restart the lemming for this). but the price :( it ain't gold. after using this product for a couple of months, ive decided it is not worth the money i paid for it, in fact i get a better look with skinlights bronze mixed with moisturiser!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

**Holy grail** product for me. I can't live without this. This is worth every penny. No, this isn't something you can wear everyday because its a little bit too greasy, but for special nights out or whenever you want a sexy glow, this is the product I reach for. It's not noticably shimmery (if I want shimmer I use Urban Decay Honey body powder), its more of a wet look glow. I'm addicted to the smell of this more than anything. I'm on my second bottle so whenever I run out I order immediately. I love this so much. It's a must have staple for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yucky! This makes me feel oily and slippery all over. It's also hard to blend in without streaking. It's a really good idea, but just doesn't look good on me. I find that Rimmel Body Gleam is actually better on me!

on 9/21/2003 5:20:00 PM

Hey everyone! I'm addicted to the scent of Nars' Body Glow! The closest I've come to it is CSP's Tiare, but it misses that beachy coconut smell. Is there anyone out there who can suggest a match in perfume form?

on 9/8/2003 12:37:00 AM

The smell is wonderful and the product works so well and stays on the skin for hours. It makes you look like you just walked off the beach in Maui!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

on 8/14/2003 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

First of all, I think this looks best when I am already tan, which somewhat defeats the purpose. That being said, the color is nice and it stays well. The scent is fabulous and it works nicely on my dry skin, but I cannot justify the price considering I have tried other products with very similar results.

Top Rated NARS Products