Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Alcohol denat., calendula officinalis (calendula) flower oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, achillea millefolium (yarrow) oil, carum petroselinum (parsley) seed oil, aqua (water, eau), salix nigra (willow) bark extract, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) oil, juniperus communis (juniper) fruit oil, eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil, citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool

on 2/5/2011 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm on my 4th bottle. Love this stuff. It always works and helps to clear stubborn pimples/boils in a few days but heals it and reduces inflamation right away.

on 2/2/2011 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This worked great for reducing and eliminating my nasty cystic acne. It smells like tea tree and licorice which I prefer over some of the more medicine smelling spot treatments I've tried. A word of caution, try not to go over board with using it, or your skin will become red, dry, and irritated. I would sometimes have to go a max of using it every other night, depending on how sensitive my skin became.

on 1/27/2011 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

God, I hope this stuff works. Because it smells strongly of Pine- Sol, and then it smells like licorice, for about 10 minutes. Since it's on your face you really cannot avoid the smell. It's such a convenient roll on product. I put it over acne above and below the skin, but the sting wasn't that bad. It's nothing compared to alcohol or an acne toner going onto a pimple. If you feel it, you know it's working at least. The willow bark is the natural acne killer, and tea tree oil kills bacteria. The calendula helps with redness or swollen pimples. I think this is basically the same thing as the spot treatment, AND they are the same size with the same ingredients.

Update: I think I know why the spot treatment is better than this one, but it's probably a reason I can live with. It's getting cloudy inside the rollerball, and I can only think that it is from dry skin or skin cells that end up on the rollerball. They get inside the product. I have good skin for the most part, and just bought this a few weeks ago. I also keep my skin clean and moisturized.

on 1/24/2011 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This stuff really works! I have tried everything under the sun to spot treat pimples, and this seems to work the best! It even works on my cystic acne that flairs up occasionally. I apply once, let it dry for a minute and then reapply again. I will definitely repurchase!!

on 12/14/2010 4:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Holy moly, this stuff works great for me. Lately, I've been having tiny break outs all over my face this product shrinks the pimples dramatically! In only a couple of days, some of my zits that I had applied this to are completely gone. Would definitely buy again.

Edit: I do have a complaint about this product. After using it several times, I noticed what looks like dead skin cells in the tube, like a few other reviews have said. It does gross me out and it makes me weary of rubbing the roller ball on my face. Wouldn't I be rubbing those icky dead skin cells back on too? So I'm gonna take away a lippie. The product is still very effective but perhaps the roller ball is not the best idea in the world.

This product is okay but I don't think I would repurchase. Sometimes it stings a little bit when I put it on, which makes me think it's working. I think it has helped clear my blemishes faster than without using it. I wouldn't recommend wearing it under makeup because it is an oil and your makeup will just slide off. So for that reason I usually apply it before bed. My biggest complaint is the smell. I thought it would smell like tea tree oil but it smells like black licorice (which I can't stand!). The roller ball applicator seems really unsanitary. To avoid bacterial contamination, I roll it on my finger tip, then dab the product on my spot. Also, the bottle tends to leak. I wanted to try something more natural but I think I'll go back to my regular salicylic acid spot treatment after I've used this up.

on 11/26/2010 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

it is great for minor break out..help to reduce any pimples and acne..

i like the roller ball because it makes easier to aply..but i also hate it because my dead skin trapped on the roller and bottle..it looks gross!

on 11/9/2010 11:32:00 AM

Due to stress from work, starting birth control pills etc- I have begun to break out on my neck (ew) and a little on my lower cheek (ew, again). I had a flare up over the weekend (to the point where I had to wear makeup all the time because I was emabrassed!) and was just about to book an appt with the derm to get prescription medication when I decided to come on here and do some research. I had been using Neutrogena Clean Pore Mask/cleanser in one. I guess it was too much for my skin because all it did was make things worse. I'm talking painful breakouts. I had heard that tea tree oil helps improve skin tone and lessen inflamation. So, I went to purchase this product during my lunch yesterday. Right when I got home I washed my face with the achne treatment facewash (Burt's Bees) and followed with this blemish stick. I re-applied it a few times while laying in bed/watching tv. I woke up this morning and the pimples that were there were MUCH lower and there was so much less imflamation!! Of course this will dry out the areas you apply it too (there is peroxide in it, I believe). But, thats okay with me if it gets rid of these breakouts. I am actually excited to go home tonight wash my face and re-apply this treatment again! I saw a difference in one night.....so I am assuming it will get better with time. The smell isn't so bad and is a small price to pay for better skin. The packaging is fine with me too...but i'm not picky.

on 10/29/2010 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell and feel of this product.
But it didn't seem to clear up my zits.
Than again, lately, not even high concentrations of BP or SA do either .

Friggin hormones ... continued >>

on 10/23/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER TRIED!! i bought this hoping that it would help with a cystic acne that i cant get rid of, but instead it broke me out worse than i have ever experienced. I woke up the next morning with red patches and small white heads clumped into groups all over my face. they are so itchy and dry and i cant even wear makeup to cover them cause my skin is so uneven now. im hoping they will clear by halloween. please dont go near this stuff

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products