April 20, 2014 | 1627 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by jomia23

I love the smell and feel of this product.
But it didn't seem to clear up my zits.
Than again, lately, not even high concentrations of BP or SA do either .

Friggin hormones ... continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by BexiiRolo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER TRIED!! i bought this hoping that it would help with a cystic acne that i cant get rid of, but instead it broke me out worse than i have ever experienced. I woke up the next morning with red patches and small white heads clumped into groups all over my face. they are so itchy and dry and i cant even wear makeup to cover them cause my skin is so uneven now. im hoping they will clear by halloween. please dont go near this stuff

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by KathleenNYC

I wanted to love this product, but it didn't do a thing for me. I love many of Burt's Bees lotions and soaps, but...when I replaced it with the Evan Healy blemish stick I was like, OH OKAY, that's what this one is supposed to do! So, no, I won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had acne for 4 years now. I've tried tons of things. Proactiv, clearasil, clean and clear, you name it...I've tried it. I recently started using clinique 3 step, though. It has been working great for me but I still have those pimples that are hard to get rid of or take a while to get rid of and I really wanted a spot treatment so I bought this one. I've been using it for 4 days now, I put it on at night before I go to bed and keep it on my nightstand and reapply as I lay in bed (it takes me forever to fall asleep). If I'm not doing anything during the day and won't be wearing makeup at all...I put it on periodically throughout the day. I have seen a huge change already! My pimples have gone down in size, and my skin is almost clear. This is huge for me...seeing as I've been struggling with this for years upon years and had almost given up on trying to find something that would work. My mom used this one time, a couple nights ago and is seeing change as well. I love this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by MaiTaiMi

I have to saw that this is a very mixed review. While I love Burts Bees this is kind of a mediocre product at best.

The tube it comes in is unhygenic- I worry that rubbing this over a break out and then rubbing somewhere else that is clear will only spread the bacteria and lead to more breakouts. This would be better in a tonic bottle or something.

The smell isn't bad- it is definitely strong and definitely tea tree oil. But it is strong and does burn slightly on skin. Especially if you have and cuts or chapped skin (from a cold or something).

I do feel like this minimizes the size of blemishes quite well over night- at least for me. So I would buy it again just for that.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by ameresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start off by saying I love Burt's Bees, big fan of the whole natural/organic line of theirs. I tried this, had high hopes, but it didn't help my breakouts at all. It may work for some people, but I'm not one of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily1787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I've already purchased this twice, thinking it was working, I've come to the conclusion that the only thing it really does is make my skin smell like tea tree oil and sting like crazy. It burns when you put it on, but after using it at night for weeks, I still haven't noticed a difference. I have combination, sensitive, and acne-prone skin. So far Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide have worked the best on my blemishes. I won't waste the $7 on this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by dreamability

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Me: Normal skin with regular breakouts.

My experience: I would use this if I saw some sort of inflammation or I wanted to prevent an emerging pimple. I quite like the smell because it smells very herbal and organic, signature Burt’s Bees, although I understand if people don’t like it. I found this product to be ineffective, it didn’t really do much.

As noted by many people, the applicator is extremely unhygienic and could promote the dispersion of bacteria, countering the original purpose of the product. It can be quite difficult to obtain the liquid as you roll it on your face. Furthermore, this product would be difficult to treat raised pimples as the liquid is controlled by the spherical applicator.

Looking at the ingredients, the herbal blemish stick is just a concoction of oils and the main blemish treating ingredients are “willow bark extract” (which doesn’t have the same potency as salicylic acid) and tea tree oil. I question the effectiveness as these ingredients are quite little in quantity in contrast to the other herbal oils which are probably for fragrance and are not well recognised for blemish fighting qualities. You’ll probably be better off with a salicylic treatment or tea tree oil on its own.

Would I buy it again? No. In Australia it is quite expensive and drugstore pimple/blemish treatments with the same key ingredients (salicylic acid/benzyl peroxide/tea tree oil) are nearly half the price of the product. Furthermore, in my experience drugstore treatments were more effective. If you opt to take the natural approach, you might consider tea tree oil itself than buying a product with a low concentration of tea tree oil.

Note: I wouldn’t use ‘willow bark extract’ and salicylic acid interchangeably because willow bark extract is converted to salicylic acid by digestive processes when consumed orally.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't think this product had any effect on my blemishes. The alcohol dried my eyes out. I had trouble getting the liquid out of the tube too. Overall a disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by sacari

One of the few BB products I'm not a fan of. I bought this thinking it would be an awesome, natural way to deal with the few blemishes I get, but it really didn't do anything for them. Didn't make them worse, but didn't make them noticeably better either.
The applicator is also REALLY frustrating, just really hard to use and not the most hygienic thing.
I think I'll just stick with soap & water, it seems to be what's worknig best for me.