The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/27/2005 12:49:00 AM

This lip butter is too creamy and it makes me feel greasy !!
I know that the ingredients in the product are great but noone loves a high quality product with a greasy feeling !!

on 7/15/2005 12:45:00 AM

This is a lot nicer than I was expecting...it goes on very smoothly and doesn't just sit on the lips like so many other lip balms. This doesn't totally moisturize, so I'd save it for when I want a lightweight balm and not something thick (I like Rosebud Salve for bedtime, for example). However, it does make my lips feel great. I love the scent and the taste isn't bad. I'd be interested in trying the others.

on 7/10/2005 7:52:00 PM

I love this stuff! I've been using it as my primary balm since the beginning of summer and my lips are never dry or chapped. I expected something waxy and difficult to spread based on some of the negative reviews, but I found the opposite to be true. This butter melts into my lips on contact and I'm left with no annoying residue. The best part, however, is the smell. It's just so yummy and coconuty that as soon as I open the pot I can almost feel the sun on my skin and see the palm trees swaying gently in the wind :)

By they way, I also own the nut butter, but like this one much better. Nut has a weird, griddy consistency to it that I don't like.

on 5/25/2005 8:59:00 AM

I much prefer the smell of this to the body butter. It has a wonderful sweet scant and moisturises my lips enough to do the job. Nothing special as a product though. I must admit, i have a collection of these but tend to go for my cocoa butter lip balm stick, which works better than any other lip product for me.
Wonderful if you love the scent of coconut but not the best lip conditioner.

on 3/11/2005 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a clear lip conditioner, I use it under my MU, and it kept my lips moisured for the whole day.The price is fine,i got it at a sale for half of the regular price.The only disadvantage it that:you have to sticky your fingers into it.

on 1/13/2005 11:35:00 AM

Mmmmm smells just like coconuts and is very moisturizing. A wonderful product, especially in the summer. A must try

I love the scent and it really does moisturize. The only drawback is that if you dont really rub this stuff onto your lips the white balm sort of shows..

on 12/27/2004 8:31:00 PM

Smells really yummy, like the beach, and even tastes sweet but not overpowering. Makes my lips really soft. But whats with it being white and chalky? You put on too much and your lips are white and look chapped. Doesn't last very long either.

on 11/28/2004 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This really dried my lips out. I prefer using Burts Bees Beeswax or Ulta's 99 cent chapstick. The only upside of this is that it smells nice.

on 10/30/2004 12:43:00 AM

The Body Shop lip butters are highly emollient and smell yummy ( I have coconut, mango and grapeseed) and deposit no color on your lips (well, sort of - the grapeseed leaves a whitish cast). They mosturize and add a subtle gloss, but don't last long at all. They don't taste good either, and can gunk up in the pot with too much temperature variance. When I used this regularly I found I became quite addicted to re-applying. I wouldn't repurchase since I actually prefer (eek) Bonnie Bell. There, I said it.

Popular Lip Treatments