The Body Shop Lip Butter

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/23/2008 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I had two of them Coconut and Brazil Nut. It smells gorgeos of course. But the texture is weird, sometimes is too oily and sometimes too grainy on the lips. It is best if used before going to sleep. Brazil Nut has better tezture by the way. What is more it makes your lips look white.

on 2/12/2008 8:07:00 PM

I hate disliking anything from the Body Shop,but these Lip Butters do not belong in this shop,at all. It's so greasy, honestly, you end up swallowing the majority of it, because it does no absorb, at all... Then it feels really nasty in the back of your throat, and it just lingers there all day,with it's nasty waxy taste. The smell really is deceiving,heavenly, but decieving.

on 2/10/2008 9:56:00 PM

I spent $10 for two of these (mango and almond) and the one upside; they smell heavenly! The scent it deceiving, however. When they first go on, they're very greasy and light. The taste (which I usually don't care too much about) tasted slightly floral and perfume-y. It was pretty gross and that bothered me a little bit. The lasting power is about half an hour on me, which, for a lip balm, is pretty unacceptable. Also, they hardly moisturize at all. Once they wear off, it almost seems like my lips are less moisturized than when I put it on (and I've never said that about a balm/gloss before). Overall, these are not good at all. Scent alone is not good enough for a lip balm. :)

i got this product on boxing day for $6. which is 2 dollars off. i was really excited about this product because it smells sooo good, it's divine. some of the other review on this says that this stuff dries out their lips, however while it doesn't dry out my lips, it doesn't moisturize my lips very well. and even though i really really love and adore how great this stuff smells, i will not repurchase it again, because there is no point if it does not moisturize my lips, and it's very expensive also. the packaging is very cute but unsanitary. i bought 2 of these at the time, and i wonder what i was thinking...buying 2...it's not worth it at all. but then i will definitely use it up, just for how good it smells

so i overall, i would not recommend this product, even though it smells good, there are other good scent products that will actually moisturize your lips for less money.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

passionfruit smells really nice. but other than that, i find it not moisturizing enough. >_< my lips still get dry and the lipbalm leaves a whitish cast on my lips when it dries. and it's a bit pricey.

on 12/29/2007 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The Body Shop's lip products are usually really good, but this one was really disappointing. My lips turn dry and CRUSTY like ten minutes after I've applied this and I usually have lips that barely ever go dry. They smell really good, but come in a messy packaging. You have to dip your fingers in it.

Try their hemp lip protector or vitamin e chap stick instead.

on 9/21/2007 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, I've tried 2 types. Born lippy and the lip butter, the mango type I think. Both products dry my lips even more. And I just hate it that they give me sore throat (you know how sometimes we eat, drink or lick our lips and you end up swallowing a tiny bit of it). I never get that from Zoya Hot Lips, my current HG lip gloss/balm. Not impressed with results, expensive, never again.

Despite some great products that the Body Shop produces, the Lip Butters completely SUCK. They do not moisturize your lips at all. If anything, my lips feel even dryer after I apply the lip butters. They smell pretty good, but so do a lot of other things. I don't put stuff on my lips for the sake of having nice smelling lips. I want soft lips. I would never waste my money on this crap again.

on 8/27/2007 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the shea lip butter and am unimpressed. The product has a creamy consistency and doesn't exactly disappear on your lips.. it leaves a strange white cast. As far as moisturizing goes, this is mediocre at best. It soaks in quickly and doesn't leave lips feeling very moisturized. It smells good, but tastes like chemicals. On the up side, I like the pot packaging!

on 8/12/2007 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this lip balm in "passion fruit", at 5 it is more expensive than most lip butters/ balms that usually come in at less than 3 on the high street, but i think that it is worth it. The lip butter glides on, it is not sticky or gunky but moisturising and plumping. Most plumping lip glosses are twice the price of this, and i feel that it does the job better, even though it doesnt say anything on the packaging of this lip butter about plumping haha. The only downside, is that if you are one of those people who feel the need to lick their lips after putting on lip gloss or balm, this product is not for you. It smells gorgeous, but tastes...well of moisturiser which i wasnt really expecting! I will definately buy this again anyway, it lasts ages as well.

Popular Lip Treatments