November 27, 2014 | 1508 users online

Lip Liners - Wet 'n' Wild - #666 liner

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by unche

I *hate* this lipliner. I've heard it mentioned a million times and I read the glowing reviews here on MUA so I was on the lookout for it for a while (hard to find where I live).

I don't usually use lip liners but I love a strong lipstick and am anal about it bleeding. So I figured this would be a good all-purpose liner.

When I finally found it the colour seemed much too dark and metallic for my very pale complexion, but I remembered the "universally flattering!" and "makeup wardrobe staple" I'd read and bought it anyway (there was no tester and I figured maybe it'd look different on??).

When I got home and put it on, the texture was alright. The pencil got really dull really quickly and needed to be sharpened; the sharpening caused the wood to break and splinter (and no, it isn't a shi--y sharpener). That'd be OK if the colour really was flattering on me. But it wasn't. It still isn't. It is too brown to look natural and adds too much pigment to my lipsticks, interfering with their colours. I can't imagine myself wearing this in combination with any gloss or lipstick. I remind myself of the '80s.

Good thing it was only 1.77$ Canadian.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a lipliner virgin, so I decided to test the waters with Wet 'n' Wild.

#717 Berry Red has been a dissapointment thus far. Dramatic - but with potential smudging, looks more Heath Ledger as the Joker than Dita von Teese. I like it under Big Bow, Clinique's Extreme Pink and KVD's Backstage Bambi, but unlike #666, it's not foolproof. I need to put effort into making it work.

#666 Brandywine is incredible. Lasting power seems about average, but it goes beautifully with VGV lipstick. WNW lipliners completely cancel out any pigment in my lips, and do a B+ job as a fill.

My only complaint is the sheer length of the pencil. I find them a bit too long, making them a bit awkward when lining. It is however, great value for the money. [$1.96CDN @ Wal Mart!?]

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by amarna_princess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have bad luck with lipstick - it always fades in the middle very quickly so all I have left after like...3 minutes...is a greasy pinkish ring on my lipline. I've been discouraged but get bored with Strawberry Chapstick lips everyday, so I followed the advice of MUA and finally bought #666. Jeez. Beautiful. Not only is it fitting the bill as far as lasting and staying where I put it, and looking even, but it is a beautiful color. I never look good with cool colors, and I never look good with very warm colors. This is a wonderful neutral - pinky brown dark nude. With slight shimmer. And 99 cents for crying out loud. If my problem with lipstick sounds like your problem with lipstick, please go get a stick of #666. And then put whatever gloss or balm or lipstick you like over it, because I've tried almost all of mine and they all look great. Go!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by FitzieG

Ah yes, the good old 666.

I've been using this lovely, cheap-o liner since I was 15. I'm 28 now and still love it!

Use it to line those smackers then fill it in with whatever - gloss, lipstick, etc. I'm an NC20, but I can pretty much bet this will look good on just about anyone.

Try it. You'll heart it! Plus, it's cheap!

P.S. Keep the cap or else this little bugger will draw all over your purse!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by honeybrown1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it! Since it's a neutral color, you really can't go wrong with it. You can get the most of this color with several lip glosses and lipsticks! Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by mulegrrl44

I'm not really into lipliners, but I do like how they make lipgloss and lipstick lass when you apply them over the liner. So far my HG lipliner is Rimmel's clover...very MLBB. Anyway thought I'd try this one after reading the hype. Looking at it in the store I was skeptical...it looked like a warm light brown...not something that would go well with my cool PPP complexion. So I would never pick it out on my own, but I trust MUA :) Anyway so I lined my lips and the color does look fabulous on me...another of those wonderful indescribable neutrals. Some people describe this as a mauve and I think it's more accurately described as a medium pinky brown; doesn't have enough purple in it to be a mauve. It is perfect for work when I want to look businesslike...about as close to brown as I can get. I personally wouldn't wear it on a date though, I prefer fun pinks for that. But it is great and I look forward to mixing it with my different lipglosses.

PS if you love this color and price range, you will like N.Y.C.'s #550 Cherrywood lipgloss, they match perfectly. You can buy them together for under $3 at any d/s.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by amstoica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this as my HG liner for 14 years! It always seems to go with any of my lip colors and if it is too dark, I can always blend and make a great looking shade! I remember being a sophmore in high school and using it religiously and here I am at 30, still using it. I hope they don't discontinue it. I love this liner!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2008 1:40:00 AM More reviews by theleaningelm

Honestly, I'm not understanding the hype. Yes, it's a neutral color (though waay too brown for my taste). Yes, it's long lasting and keeps your lipstick from feathering (I thought that's what all lip liners do?). And yes, it's dirt cheap, at 99 cents for a huge pencil. But personally, it doesn't warrant enough "wow" factor to merit HG status, or even everyday use.
(For those of you who don't like how hard it is, try warming it up between your hands and/or rubbing it on the back of your hand first.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 7:23:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am more of a Chanel and MAC buyer, but a friend was wearing W&W #666 and it looked amazing on her so i bought it immediately. This lip liner is great! It isn't similar to Spice, but it is a perfect warm nude. Yes, the liner is a bit hard, but if you roll it in between your hands for 10 seconds, it warms up and softens just like the MAC shadesticks.

It looks wonderful with my Chanel Freeze Aqualumiere Glossimer over it and has become my favorite "running errands" liner. No need to spend my expensive liners when this one is a great alternative and easy on the budget. You can't go wrong with a .99 cent product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Codeblue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the color of this one but geez almighty, it almost ripped my lip when I applied it. Maybe I got an old one, but it was so dry that I tossed it. Not creamy at all and a real pistol to apply.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No