Wet 'n' Wild #666 liner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 4/4/2009 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have spent years trying to find this, and I finally got one today. The LAST one, tucked away with w'n'w eyeliners. Man oh man! As soon as I got home I put it on and then some dr. pepper lip balm. I know it may sound a little cheap, but when I went out almost everyone wanted to know what I had on. It was the best combo I've ever put on my mouth in my opinion. It is such a beautiful color. The liner really adds warmth to my lips, and stays put a lot better than most liners I've tried (My lips are so full that eating or drinking leaves lipstick marks on my chin, not cute, but this didn't!!). The color is like a mauve with more brown to it. Honestly I'm not really sure what the color is exactly because it was just plain neutral, maybe two shades darker than my natural color. Anyway, 99 cents, lots of product, and works fabulously with dr. pepper lip balm.
In case you're wondering when I joined MUA, w'n'w 666 was on my mind CONSTANTLY. So much so that I put it in my user name. I don't think other users would get that though lol.
Great buy!!!!!!

This 666 liner is a bronzy/rose color that I have bought probably 50 of in my lifetime. I used to wear it over my entire lips and then a lipstick or gloss over it and it would last forever. I think I just got sick of the consistency of the pencil as it's not as smooth as MAC. Since then I have switched to MAC's Spice and Cedar pencils mostly. The 666 is a very neutral a bit darker but yet somehow goes with many colors. For $1 you just can't beat this LL. Used to be my #1 lip liner for 10+ years.

on 3/28/2009 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't typically use lipliner, but when I have bought them- I always use a cheap one so I can't compare it to high end (or even higher end drug store liners) but I got this for 70 cents and I am happy with it. It's pretty long, but I guess you can't complain about too much product! This color matches the colored lipgloss I use the most often pretty well and I also like to use a frosty clearish lipgloss and then line my lips with this over that. I do find it a little dry though but what can you do for $1 or less? I think people should give it a go!

on 3/22/2009 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edited April 2012, just bought this again not realizing it was the same. The pencil looks different more metallic looking, more plummy. The pencil itself was more brown, it seems much plummier than I recall too. It looks nice under plum glosses and under beigey-nude glosses too. Good buy!

yeah um, sorry, no love for this seemingly universally adored product. when i wore lip liner daily, i didn't like this one. now that i doon't line my lips per se, but fill them in with liner to make lg last longer and recalling the rave reviews, i figured for $1.00 it was worth a shot again. meh and worse. i hate the color, just dishwater dull. muddy, nothing special, on me. and thats key of course, if it works for you then great cause i'd love to find a great, cheap liner that i love too!

on 3/22/2009 12:20:00 AM

I *hate* this lipliner. I've heard it mentioned a million times and I read the glowing reviews here on MUA so I was on the lookout for it for a while (hard to find where I live).

I don't usually use lip liners but I love a strong lipstick and am anal about it bleeding. So I figured this would be a good all-purpose liner.

When I finally found it the colour seemed much too dark and metallic for my very pale complexion, but I remembered the "universally flattering!" and "makeup wardrobe staple" I'd read and bought it anyway (there was no tester and I figured maybe it'd look different on??).

When I got home and put it on, the texture was alright. The pencil got really dull really quickly and needed to be sharpened; the sharpening caused the wood to break and splinter (and no, it isn't a shi--y sharpener). That'd be OK if the colour really was flattering on me. But it wasn't. It still isn't. It is too brown to look natural and adds too much pigment to my lipsticks, interfering with their colours. I can't imagine myself wearing this in combination with any gloss or lipstick. I remind myself of the '80s.

Good thing it was only 1.77$ Canadian.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm a lipliner virgin, so I decided to test the waters with Wet 'n' Wild.

#717 Berry Red has been a dissapointment thus far. Dramatic - but with potential smudging, looks more Heath Ledger as the Joker than Dita von Teese. I like it under Big Bow, Clinique's Extreme Pink and KVD's Backstage Bambi, but unlike #666, it's not foolproof. I need to put effort into making it work.

#666 Brandywine is incredible. Lasting power seems about average, but it goes beautifully with VGV lipstick. WNW lipliners completely cancel out any pigment in my lips, and do a B+ job as a fill.

My only complaint is the sheer length of the pencil. I find them a bit too long, making them a bit awkward when lining. It is however, great value for the money. [$1.96CDN @ Wal Mart!?]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have bad luck with lipstick - it always fades in the middle very quickly so all I have left after like...3 minutes...is a greasy pinkish ring on my lipline. I've been discouraged but get bored with Strawberry Chapstick lips everyday, so I followed the advice of MUA and finally bought #666. Jeez. Beautiful. Not only is it fitting the bill as far as lasting and staying where I put it, and looking even, but it is a beautiful color. I never look good with cool colors, and I never look good with very warm colors. This is a wonderful neutral - pinky brown dark nude. With slight shimmer. And 99 cents for crying out loud. If my problem with lipstick sounds like your problem with lipstick, please go get a stick of #666. And then put whatever gloss or balm or lipstick you like over it, because I've tried almost all of mine and they all look great. Go!

on 2/21/2009 4:32:00 PM

Ah yes, the good old 666.

I've been using this lovely, cheap-o liner since I was 15. I'm 28 now and still love it!

Use it to line those smackers then fill it in with whatever - gloss, lipstick, etc. I'm an NC20, but I can pretty much bet this will look good on just about anyone.

Try it. You'll heart it! Plus, it's cheap!

P.S. Keep the cap or else this little bugger will draw all over your purse!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love it! Since it's a neutral color, you really can't go wrong with it. You can get the most of this color with several lip glosses and lipsticks! Recommended!

on 1/30/2009 8:20:00 PM

I'm not really into lipliners, but I do like how they make lipgloss and lipstick lass when you apply them over the liner. So far my HG lipliner is Rimmel's clover...very MLBB. Anyway thought I'd try this one after reading the hype. Looking at it in the store I was skeptical...it looked like a warm light brown...not something that would go well with my cool PPP complexion. So I would never pick it out on my own, but I trust MUA :) Anyway so I lined my lips and the color does look fabulous on me...another of those wonderful indescribable neutrals. Some people describe this as a mauve and I think it's more accurately described as a medium pinky brown; doesn't have enough purple in it to be a mauve. It is perfect for work when I want to look businesslike...about as close to brown as I can get. I personally wouldn't wear it on a date though, I prefer fun pinks for that. But it is great and I look forward to mixing it with my different lipglosses.

PS if you love this color and price range, you will like N.Y.C.'s #550 Cherrywood lipgloss, they match perfectly. You can buy them together for under $3 at any d/s.