September 30, 2014 | 1171 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Rachel137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A gloppy, clumpy mess. I've used several brands of high end mascaras as well as a few drugstore brands over the years, and I've never ever had a problem with any mascara until this one. It made my lashes dark black (which is usually a good thing) but they were all wet-looking and incredibly clumped together, so the extreme blackness only made them appear more gross and chunky/spidery. I tried to comb them but it didn't help at all. I had to immediately wash it off with water and use a different mascara. This one is going straight in the garbage (it was a free sample). Also, as I was washing it off, it left a thin, slightly sticky film of some sort on my lashes. Needless to say, I don't like this formulation at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by audreylucia

I absolutely don't understand why this mascara has so many negative reviews. In the last 10 years I tried everything from Revlon to Lancome, but I always go back to Magnascopic, this is the only mascara what makes my eyes beautiful, I feel naked if I use a different mascara. I use a sample size for about 3 months, last time I bougth it for $ 6 on ebay, it's even cheaper than a drugstore mascara. And don't waste your money for eye makeup remover, it comes off with water and a washcloth. Try it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2009 6:39:00 AM More reviews by ohsotisha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got it for a gift, i didn't really like it because it was pretty clumpy and it smudges everywhere. But it gives me lengthening. My eyelashes are pretty long already so it looked pretty good. As i said, it clumps and smudges way too much. I'll give it a 3.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think it gives some lenght , but nothing spectacular! Can t separate lashes with the brush! Clumps!
Works better if I apply it with max factor masterpiece brush!
Won t buy it ever again!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2009 9:55:00 AM More reviews by jikla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

i got this as gift and I'm not impressed...its not a bad mascara but it doesn't give volume and it makes the lashes feel like hard plastic.as a gift it is acceptable but to go and buy the actual product no thank you.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by rani003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

There are way more better volumising mascaras out there in the market, and to be honest, you'd be better of saving your money.

Packaging doesnt look nice...or cute...

The mascara is too wet and combined with the brush its just a big mess. Normally, im confortable with wriggling a brush at the base of my lashes, but this is just like twigs.

Whats worse, is that my eyelashes were really really really spidery! the lashes didnt look soft or like falsies at all! you could probably count the lashes!

Not too keen...definitly wouldnt repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Dinnerwithfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really dislike this mascara, it dried up quickly and become quite clumpy, completely unuseable and such a waste of money. Never been a big fan of Estee Lauder mascaras, who knows why I bought this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by juchacz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This came in a makeup kit that I received for Christmas, in an adorable half-size tub maybe two inches long. Unfortunately, the product was less adorable. Thick and clumpy even when I first started using it. I would use a tissue to clean most of the mascara from the brush before applying, and even the little bit that was left would overpower my poor eyelashes, and I inevitably ended up with bits and flakes drifting off to settle in the creases around my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by grasshanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i hate this mascara. i got it in a free gift with purchase and i threw it away after i used it. it clumps, makes lashes look spidery after two coats, and CLUMPS. ugh, horrible.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by whoshore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Does it lengthen? Yes. Does it volumize? No. Does it clump? Yes. Does it rub off? No.

I don't even know why "volume" is in the name of this mascara, since I equate volume with some degree of thickness and what this stuff does is make your lashes look very, very long. But it tends to clump, so I got the dreaded spiderlash effect. I partly blame the clumping on the brush, because when I used the wand from another mascara, I got rid of the spiderlash. This stuff does stay on like a trooper and rubbing off or flaking is never a concern. It also comes off easily with makeup remover. I'll use this up, but I can't say it is all that much better than my favorite Almay mascara and it costs 3 times as much. Go figure.