October 25, 2014 | 1850 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Kevyn Aucoin - Eyelash Curler

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2004 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Daneyda

I love this curler! I just had to buy it after hearing how great it was, and I found out that it really is.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by charlyne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've so far tried Shiseido, Shu Uemura and Kevyn's eyelash curlers, I would give Kevyn 5, Shiseido 4.5 and Shu 4. The reason I am rating Kevyn as the highest is it actually suits my eye shape the best and go very close to the root and thus lift my lashes. Shiseido's actually feels quite the same as Kevyn's, but I think the pad is softer (or maybe just I have used it too long) and I prefer harder ones (faster). Shu's doesnt suit my eye shape, but at least my lids won't get hurt by my clumsyness~ FYI, I am Asian but normal size eyes, perhaps little bit almond shaped.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2004 10:55:00 AM More reviews by ReinaInNYC

I've tried just about everything to curl my lashes and this is THE ONE. The pads seem to last forever and I have never been able to achieve such a natural curl with any other eyelash curler.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2003 3:07:00 AM More reviews by nygymnst

Well, I LOVE this!! I bought it after Craig at Bendel's used it on me. This works just as good as the Shu, and I like that the pads are red (so that it is easier to see when curling your lashes). Also, although they seem very similar (just compared the two) for some reason I am able to get in much closer to my lid than I was with my Shu with no pinching. The main reason I bought this though was because you can reverse the pads and use the other side, so in effect, it's almost like you're getting 4 pads (really just 2 but since reversible then 4)....actually, I just tried this with my Shu and seems those are "reversible" too. Okay, well...I still like the red pads... :P lol, still a good product overall, and I would probably repurchase because I get less pinching with this curler for only $3.50 more than my Shu. UPDATE: Still loving this curler! Pads seem to last longer than my Shu one so I'll be repurchasing this! I've been using this 3-5 times a week since late July (it is now January) and the original pad in the curler is still going strong! Woohoo! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2003 7:07:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a nice eyelash curler but the price is ridiculous. After shipping I payed 24$ for this curler. It's a little awkward to use but that is my fault, I've been using a cheap, beat down eyelash curler from the drugstore for the past 5 years and I've grown acustomed to that one. It does curl the lashes better than my old one but I still cannot get over the price. It's very cute with the red pad but I think I should have went with the Shu Umera one. I definitely won't repurchase b/c I plan on it lasting me the rest of my life.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2003 2:50:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this curler because the pad is much springier and fatter than the one on my shu. I use this in conjunction with my lashpro. While the lashpro refrains from the angled lashes, this one CAN give an angle if you want it to. Sometimes I appreciate that at the base of my Asian lashes, because curling my lashes out often makes them appear shorter in the longrun.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2003 7:09:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I happened to read about Kevyn Aucoin's eyelash curler just when my last pad for my Shu Uemura curler died so I thought I'd give it a try. I have to say that this product performs very well, as well as Shu Uemura's eyelash curler. I like that the pad is red (instead of black) although the claim that the red pad allows you to get the eyelash curler in closer meant nothing to me. I have no problems getting the eyelash curler in close! The reason this isn't a rave (despite the excellence of the product) is that I don't see how it's worth $5 more than Shu Uemura's eyelash curler. So just for financial reasons (not to mention the convenience factor of being able to buy S.U.'s eyelash curler almost anywhere) I probably wouldn't buy this again.