Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

on 1/16/2011 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I suffer from really bad dry skin. It's to the point where my hands bleed. I figured this stuff would help moisturize as it's a cream. Well, I love the smell but it's greasy. It doesn't really sink into the skin but kind of sits on top of it. This might do better if i wore gloves while sleeping. I was expecting this to be better as I love Burts Bees products.

on 1/2/2011 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

During the winter months when my hands can get very dry and at times chap, this very heavy hand creme does the job. I apply only at nite time because it is greasy but effective. In the morning my hands are like brand new. The almond smell does not bother me, and I like the glass jar it comes in, I dont have to use this every night because there is no need, it does not burn or irritate my skin. Overall it is one of the best hand creams out there in my opinion also the Nivea hand cream with macadamia oil. My husband says this cream smells like new tires LOL. I will repurchase when I run out but it looks like it will last me the whole winter.

on 12/21/2010 5:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This hand creme works great to moisturize my dry hands. I'm pretty OCD about hand washing, especially now that I work at a hospital, but the biggest set back of this hand creme? The SMELL. Oh god, the SMELL. It's funny because I actually like almonds and I love the smell of almond pastries. I just can't get past the smell of this stuff, it actually makes me ill.

on 12/16/2010 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this product today at the department store after hearing wonderful things about the brand. Namely their eye creme but I was on the lookout for a hand moisturiser. My hands are chronically dry and I seem to always be reapplying lotion to keep them soft and moist. Upon trying the tester, I was greeted with a smell I was not quite used to but the thick consistency of the cream was lovely and quickly absorbed by my skin. It also had great lasting power and I feel that this is a much more efficient means to moisturise my dry hands. I will keep buying this always!!

on 12/15/2010 3:09:00 PM

The reviews on the smell of this product are very mixed. It may be possible that the natural almond oil has turned. I have had pure almond oil go rancid on me and there are no preservatives in this so I am sure it can go rancid . I tried this in one store and thought it smelled horrible. A week later i opened it in another store and it smelled great.. exactly like marzipan, that is when it became clear that the first jar was bad. I suggest opening it and taking a sniff before you purchase it, unless you don't like marzipan, in which case you should skip it. This is really great stuff. It absolutely does a wonderful job moisturizing hands and cuticles and has great staying power. I use it throughout the day and before I go to bed. Its rich and thick, penetrates fast and leaves a very silky feeling that does not rinse off if you get your hands wet. Once the it absorbs the almond smell kind of dissipates. Its my favorite hand cream and blows away the thinner hand lotions. I will absolutely be buying it again.

on 12/12/2010 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Well firstly, I usually love Burt's Bees products and I'm extremely sensitivy to smell; This thing is way too gnarly for me. It doesn't smell bad, it smells good actually (that almond/cherry scent), but just way too strong. Plus, it is sooo greasy, it never seems to absorb, just endend up being wiped off on everything before it even had time. I didn't finish the first container, so no, I won't buy another.

on 12/12/2010 3:51:00 PM

I'm extremely sensitive to smell, so when I first opened the bottle I was overwhelmed by the smell. The smell was even stronger after I applied the product on my hands. I gave this product two tries, and still didn't like it.

I liked how smooth and creamy the product is when you first apply it onto your hands. But then the product becomes kind of sticky and had a greasy feel to it. Minutes later the greasy feeling went away but it was replaced by a waxy feel (can't find the exact words to describe it) that lasted all night. I felt that it kept my hands moisturized, but having only tried it twice I cannot say for certain.

The worst part would have to be the smell and the weird feeling after applying the creme. It took me several washes to wash away the remaining creme the next morning. I have since given this product to my friend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am baffled by all the negative reviews. I am sensitive to smells and this one does not bother me. The smell is a true almond smell so that might be why so many are thrown off if they are use to artificial almond.

I don't know why so many are surprised by the wax feeling it says on the package Beeswax. I like the wax feel. At first I was thrown off by it but found it helps protect my hands.

I love the little glass jar. It looks so cute on my nightstand.

I have oily skin but I wash my hands so often that they get dry and tight. This creme is the only one I have found that will moisturize my hands and not crack my cuticles. My cuticles have a low tolerance. Too much of moisture and oils my cuticles start to dry out, peel and just plain freak out. This creme has not caused any of those problems.

on 10/26/2010 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

OMG!!! This is the worst hand cream I ever had. The ingredients really look promising. BUT it just doesn't work.

I like the super thick texture of this cream. I wash my hands like some OCD freaks and apply this after washing. Its really thick and oily. The oil just sits on top of my hands and.... that its. Nothing happen. Not moisturizing at all. A total waste of $$$.

Plus, it has a very bad smell once it melted onto your skin. Hate it.

on 10/5/2010 9:23:00 PM

No! I would never pick this jar up again because I threw it out after one/two use. The scent is definitely unpleasant and I think it was sealed when I bought it and thats why I spend the $ despite the awful scent.

Forget the scent, after all it's not why we need hand cream for, right? When I put this on, it felt like I have a waxy, sticky gloves on my hands and that my hands are drying of suffocation. It's just too thick and doesn't absorb into the skin. It's a goo in a jar!!