OPI Natural Nail Base Coat

3.8

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Camphor, Benzophenone 1, Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Protein, Keratin Amino Acids, D&C Red 33

on 5/15/2009 5:58:00 PM

I use this base coat every time I paint my nails, I think it's great. It doesn't yellow my nails and it protects them from getting stained from dark polishes. I find that it goes on very smooth and I've never had any air bubbles. It dries so quickly that the first nail I paint is completely dry by the time I finish painting the last nail, and I can start on the first coat of colour immediately. Also it is Big 3 Free! My nails look good with just a coat of this on them to make them shiny for a natural look.

on 4/6/2009 3:35:00 PM

i always use this for my pedicures/manicures at home along with a top coat. but never ever shake the bottle though since it'll form bubbles and it's a really liquid-y substance. (anyone that owns a bottle of nail polish should know that.. haha) but make sure to apply a THIN and EVEN coat for the BEST results. dries very very quickly after putting on nails. it's a great guard for polish turning your nails yellow. awesome base coat!

on 4/6/2009 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am very disappointed in this basecoat. It was the first I ever tried. It bubbles on the nails and doesn't apply smoothly, so it doesn't form a smooth layer for nail polish to go on.
I now have less than half left, and because of the length of the brush, I find the application is even more uneven, since it dries on the brush. I'm probably going to have to throw the last 5 ml away, which is a waste.
Even a cheap basecoat from the dollar store went on better.
It hasn't been able to protect my nails from staining, and it doesn't add more than a couple of days to the wear. I'm going to try Essie next.

on 1/23/2009 6:09:00 PM

This is a brilliant base coat. Dries quickly and creates a great base for OPI polishes. Does everything that it should and makes the polish last much much longer! Have no negative comments for this product!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Decent base coat, nothing special. I do like the pink tone for using this as a base for French mani and pedis but otherwise my Sally Hansen one works just as well except OPIs tends not to get gloopy as fast...

on 12/18/2008 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've used the Sensitive and Peeling Nail Envy as a base coat for years, but I got fed up with how quickly it thickens. My mom bought me a set of 3 OPI treatments that included the Natural Nail base coat. I'm happy with it so far. I love that it goes on in a nice thin layer and dries super fast. I also love the thick OPI brushes. I'm not sure if it makes my polish last longer. My main concern is yellowing, and in that respect it's average. This hasn't started to thicken at all yet, so that's a good sign. At this point I would repurchase.

on 11/15/2008 11:57:00 PM

Although it was on the pricier side than I'd normally spend, I needed a good base coat for some of my darker polishes. This stuff is really great. It dries fast, which is my favorite part, and helps glittery polishes slide right off with remover. It seems to have increased the longevity of my manicure as well.

on 11/9/2008 1:43:00 AM

I like this mainly because it does a good job of preventing my nails from yellowing. I don't think it does much to prolong the life of my nail polish (nothing seems to), but I like to change my nail color every two or three days, so meh. I may try something else once I use this up, though.

edit: Subtracting 2 lippies. Orly Bonder puts this stuff to shame.

on 8/29/2008 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG base coat. It's a good foundation for my polish, does not cause peeling like other base coats have for me, and prevents staining. I use it for every manicure and pedicure.

on 8/9/2008 9:09:00 AM

Unfortunately - this product stopped working for me - the 1st couple of times - worked OK - mani would last 5 days or so (paired w/ only OPI polish and Seche Vitae topcoat) but then, it started peeling off in sheets and taking a couple of layers of my nail w/ it = weaker, thin nails = NOT COOL! Surprising since I absolutely swear by OPI polishes...:(

Top Rated OPI Products