August 21, 2014 | 1150 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Natural Nail Base Coat

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 7:31:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Decent base coat, nothing special. I do like the pink tone for using this as a base for French mani and pedis but otherwise my Sally Hansen one works just as well except OPIs tends not to get gloopy as fast...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I've used the Sensitive and Peeling Nail Envy as a base coat for years, but I got fed up with how quickly it thickens. My mom bought me a set of 3 OPI treatments that included the Natural Nail base coat. I'm happy with it so far. I love that it goes on in a nice thin layer and dries super fast. I also love the thick OPI brushes. I'm not sure if it makes my polish last longer. My main concern is yellowing, and in that respect it's average. This hasn't started to thicken at all yet, so that's a good sign. At this point I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by rastaxcore

Although it was on the pricier side than I'd normally spend, I needed a good base coat for some of my darker polishes. This stuff is really great. It dries fast, which is my favorite part, and helps glittery polishes slide right off with remover. It seems to have increased the longevity of my manicure as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by hellogina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this mainly because it does a good job of preventing my nails from yellowing. I don't think it does much to prolong the life of my nail polish (nothing seems to), but I like to change my nail color every two or three days, so meh. I may try something else once I use this up, though.

edit: Subtracting 2 lippies. Orly Bonder puts this stuff to shame.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG base coat. It's a good foundation for my polish, does not cause peeling like other base coats have for me, and prevents staining. I use it for every manicure and pedicure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2008 9:09:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Unfortunately - this product stopped working for me - the 1st couple of times - worked OK - mani would last 5 days or so (paired w/ only OPI polish and Seche Vitae topcoat) but then, it started peeling off in sheets and taking a couple of layers of my nail w/ it = weaker, thin nails = NOT COOL! Surprising since I absolutely swear by OPI polishes...:(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I like this base coat b/c it just works. I don't know how this compares to other base coats... One bottle should last you so many applications. And i have the one with pro brush which makes application sooo much easier.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2007 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Magnolia46

I adore this base coat. First of all it keeps polish on for DAYS, well over a week for me.

Second, it's very quick drying. I LOVE that because other base coats seem too thick and never seem to dry. This stuff does not make the drying process slow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2006 6:36:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok basecaot. I used it with the topcoat (regular) and my nails chip within the week. Looking for a new basecoat.....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 12:07:00 PM More reviews by NoBadColors

Sorry about the reviewer's experience below (maybe an allergy?) but this is the best base I've ever used. It seems to do everything a base coat should do - protects my natural nails and helps color adhere. It's the best base coat I've ever used. I'm on my third or fourth bottle. Always repurchasing and keep an extra on hand.