OPI Natural Nail Base Coat

3.8

Butyl Acetate, Toluene, Ethyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Camphor, Benzophenone 1, Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Protein, Keratin Amino Acids, D&C Red 33

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Please be sure to check out the PIC at the end of my review - it shows how my stained nails are growing out beautifully (even while wearing np 24/7) since I began using OPI's Natural Nails Base Coat about 2 months ago.

I bought OPI's Natural Nails Base Coat because my nails were stained terribly yellow from wearing nail polish constantly. :( I've been using this base coat for just over two months now and I'm so happy to report that my nails are growing out of their yellow stains - even while under many layers of nail polish! I can see where my nails have grown out - they look healthy, pink, and clear. This base coat dries VERY quickly - big plus. I like how my nail color applies over this base coat - the polish goes on smoothly and the color adheres really well. So far I've worn neon, glitter, flakie, cream, matte, and satin finish polishes over this base coat - all have worked really well with it. I'm very happy with this base coat and would definitely repurchase. :D Would highly recommend checking it out if you have natural nails! PLEASE ROP FOR PIC!

continued >>

This is a mediocre basecoat. I really disliked it once I used up half of the bottle as the basecoat started to create bubbles even before I applied my nail polish. It got really sticky too. Not going to repurchase it for sure.

I received this as a free gift from Beauty Brands if you purchased 2 other OPI products. Even though being free it was still worthless to me. My polish never even lasted 24hrs. w/o chipping. It was just awful.I would not get this again. I do think Orly Bonder works better, but I am still on the hunt for my HG base coat. My HG topcoat is Poshe.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Dries super fast and leaves a semi-shiny base. Excellent base coat.

I use this base coat every time I paint my nails, I think it's great. It doesn't yellow my nails and it protects them from getting stained from dark polishes. I find that it goes on very smooth and I've never had any air bubbles. It dries so quickly that the first nail I paint is completely dry by the time I finish painting the last nail, and I can start on the first coat of colour immediately. Also it is Big 3 Free! My nails look good with just a coat of this on them to make them shiny for a natural look.

i always use this for my pedicures/manicures at home along with a top coat. but never ever shake the bottle though since it'll form bubbles and it's a really liquid-y substance. (anyone that owns a bottle of nail polish should know that.. haha) but make sure to apply a THIN and EVEN coat for the BEST results. dries very very quickly after putting on nails. it's a great guard for polish turning your nails yellow. awesome base coat!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am very disappointed in this basecoat. It was the first I ever tried. It bubbles on the nails and doesn't apply smoothly, so it doesn't form a smooth layer for nail polish to go on.
I now have less than half left, and because of the length of the brush, I find the application is even more uneven, since it dries on the brush. I'm probably going to have to throw the last 5 ml away, which is a waste.
Even a cheap basecoat from the dollar store went on better.
It hasn't been able to protect my nails from staining, and it doesn't add more than a couple of days to the wear. I'm going to try Essie next.

This is a brilliant base coat. Dries quickly and creates a great base for OPI polishes. Does everything that it should and makes the polish last much much longer! Have no negative comments for this product!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Decent base coat, nothing special. I do like the pink tone for using this as a base for French mani and pedis but otherwise my Sally Hansen one works just as well except OPIs tends not to get gloopy as fast...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've used the Sensitive and Peeling Nail Envy as a base coat for years, but I got fed up with how quickly it thickens. My mom bought me a set of 3 OPI treatments that included the Natural Nail base coat. I'm happy with it so far. I love that it goes on in a nice thin layer and dries super fast. I also love the thick OPI brushes. I'm not sure if it makes my polish last longer. My main concern is yellowing, and in that respect it's average. This hasn't started to thicken at all yet, so that's a good sign. At this point I would repurchase.

Top Rated OPI Products