Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Phenoxythanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Natural Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Organge) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Echinacea Purpurea Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Ginkgo Biloba Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) (USDA Certified Organic)

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This conditioner provides my curls with the necessary moisture to make styling afterwards a breeze. The slip is great and detangling my hair is so much easier. I'm not fond of the packaging as it is pretty thick and the bottle does not store upside down. The price isn't too bad and I usually stock up when it goes on sale. Now that I can find this product in mainstream retail outlets versus only health food stores as before I'm much more likely to continue using it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i used to not like this conditioner. thought it wasnt hydrating enough but really my hair was just so damaged i dont think anything could've helped it. because now iv cut my hair so its all healthy and this conditioner is awesome! Feels good in my hair, detangles, moisturizes, leaves my hair soft and a bit shiny. Bottles cute but difficult to work w/.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So initially I liked this product because it is "natural" it has a lot of essential oils in it and it actually did make my hair soft and smooth. I did use this in conjunction with the shampoo and the vitapro leave in conditioner and my hair felt well conditioned. However I am only giving this 4 stars for a few things, 1 it didn't exactly make my hair feel as silky as I would have liked it and 2 there is a synthentic preservative in it that they labeled as "natural" for marketing purposes. Its not natural but if there are some out there who don't care then by all means condition away but if you are more aware of whats going on than I suggest Aubrey Organics or Miessence or something. I did purchase the shampoo and the conditioner and the leave in because they are really inexpensive and I wanted to try it out. I might use this line again but maybe when I am strapped for cash again and need to use a different conditioner.

Terrible product. My hair is fine but naturally has volume at the roots. This conditioner made my hair completely flat on top and my ends looked like I'd dunked them in oil. I'm not crazy about the scent either. After the first bad experience, I figured I could at least finish the bottle by using it for deep conditioning. Nope. Didn't work. No matter how dry my hair was before, it always turned my hair into a dirty, unwashed-looking mess. This is not to say that it moisturized my hair too well or anything. When I switch to a different conditioner, my hair goes back to looking like it did before I used SaS on it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best conditioner I have ever used. It picks up where the shampoo leaves off and detangles my hair, rinses well and has great slip. Although my hair will always be of a fine diameter and hard to comb this conditioner helps lessen the time I spend with a wide tooth comb. The shine and body are incredible. The line used in conjunction work wonders for my hair. This does not weigh my hair down and there is no residue. My hair looks healthy again.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the little "sample size" bottle of this as I wasn't sure if it'd be my thing or not. Turns out it isn't. It's not a terrible conditioner by any means. It detangles my hair and makes it a little bit softer. But it also seems to make my hair a million times thicker, and I already have an abundance of hair. Good ingredients, nice smell, good packaging, good that they sell sample sizes, just not for me (unfortunately).

I have bleached my hair 5 times for at least 1.5 hours each time (the same hair, not regrowths!) so that I can have bright purple with white blonde.
No other drugstore conditioner has done anything in terms of conditioning or treatment. Joico K-pak (I used the protein treatment and the moisturizing treatment) was the best until I discovered this line, which smells a million times better than Joico.
I use this conditioner with the protein treatment. I put on the protein treatment in the shower for about 5 minutes, then I slab on the conditioner after I get out of the shower, wrap my head in plastic bag, heat up a damp towel too and wrap that on top of the plastic bag around my head; rinse after 15min-1hr depending on how much I can stand it. My hair had never been so soft since I started all the bleaching!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The Deeper Moisture version is excellent for taming frizz. I can't use it all the time because the protein dries your hair if you use it regularly. But used sparingly, it is wonderful for making hair smooth!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE all the Giovanni products I've tried so far. Especially, compared to other organic or all natural hair products!!! This conditions very well and doesn't weigh my hair down like a lot of conditioners do!

Smoothe-as-silk(Flat-and-limp) this conditioner did not work on my hair,it made my hair limp,dull and lifeless with no bounce,it just looked flat and considerably thinner then with other conditioners.I do not reccomend it for fine hair as it does weigh it down.I had the same problem with all of the conditoners and shampoos in the Giovanni line.It also made my scalp itch.I do however give it a thumbs up for its organic ingredients,wonderful scent and creamy texture.It did not perform however and I probably will not purchase this again.NOT FOR FINE HEADS!