August 23, 2014 | 1954 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Smooth As Silk Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by blackberrypatch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Terrible product. My hair is fine but naturally has volume at the roots. This conditioner made my hair completely flat on top and my ends looked like I'd dunked them in oil. I'm not crazy about the scent either. After the first bad experience, I figured I could at least finish the bottle by using it for deep conditioning. Nope. Didn't work. No matter how dry my hair was before, it always turned my hair into a dirty, unwashed-looking mess. This is not to say that it moisturized my hair too well or anything. When I switch to a different conditioner, my hair goes back to looking like it did before I used SaS on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by ilikebigbuttsandicannotli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best conditioner I have ever used. It picks up where the shampoo leaves off and detangles my hair, rinses well and has great slip. Although my hair will always be of a fine diameter and hard to comb this conditioner helps lessen the time I spend with a wide tooth comb. The shine and body are incredible. The line used in conjunction work wonders for my hair. This does not weigh my hair down and there is no residue. My hair looks healthy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought the little "sample size" bottle of this as I wasn't sure if it'd be my thing or not. Turns out it isn't. It's not a terrible conditioner by any means. It detangles my hair and makes it a little bit softer. But it also seems to make my hair a million times thicker, and I already have an abundance of hair. Good ingredients, nice smell, good packaging, good that they sell sample sizes, just not for me (unfortunately).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by kerosundae

I have bleached my hair 5 times for at least 1.5 hours each time (the same hair, not regrowths!) so that I can have bright purple with white blonde.
No other drugstore conditioner has done anything in terms of conditioning or treatment. Joico K-pak (I used the protein treatment and the moisturizing treatment) was the best until I discovered this line, which smells a million times better than Joico.
I use this conditioner with the protein treatment. I put on the protein treatment in the shower for about 5 minutes, then I slab on the conditioner after I get out of the shower, wrap my head in plastic bag, heat up a damp towel too and wrap that on top of the plastic bag around my head; rinse after 15min-1hr depending on how much I can stand it. My hair had never been so soft since I started all the bleaching!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by vnyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The Deeper Moisture version is excellent for taming frizz. I can't use it all the time because the protein dries your hair if you use it regularly. But used sparingly, it is wonderful for making hair smooth!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by blondebunne

LOVE all the Giovanni products I've tried so far. Especially, compared to other organic or all natural hair products!!! This conditions very well and doesn't weigh my hair down like a lot of conditioners do!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by tarrenae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smoothe-as-silk(Flat-and-limp) this conditioner did not work on my hair,it made my hair limp,dull and lifeless with no bounce,it just looked flat and considerably thinner then with other conditioners.I do not reccomend it for fine hair as it does weigh it down.I had the same problem with all of the conditoners and shampoos in the Giovanni line.It also made my scalp itch.I do however give it a thumbs up for its organic ingredients,wonderful scent and creamy texture.It did not perform however and I probably will not purchase this again.NOT FOR FINE HEADS!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by modernnomad

Wonderful as a co-wash. Love the natural ingredients and the soft scent, leaves my hair moisturized, clean, happy, and healthy.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by IntheFall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried a sample of this shampoo and conditioner. I was very pleased. My hair was so bouncy after dry. It made it very soft and I just couldn't stop touching it. I think I may have found my HG S&C. My hair is very thick and course.

UPDATE: I used this S&C for about 6 days in a row and my hair started to feel icky like it wasn't all rinsed out or something. Took off a couple lippies for this reason.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by hell0kitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a little bit "ehh" on this product because it doesn't really condition my hair. When I apply it, it makes my hair smooth and silky. But when I wash it off, it feels squeeky clean and not as slippery anymore to the point where I could have just skipped the conditioner and my hair would feel the same. I always need to use the giovanni's leave in after using this. For reference, my hair is a little on the oily side, but always gets tangled so I need a good conditioner.