April 16, 2014 | 1986 users online

Lip Gloss - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Gloss (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2004 9:15:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I wanted to love this, I really did. Now I just want to like it, but unfortunately, I don't - at first smell it seems fruity, but after a while I started to smell that rose Dior scent, which makes me nauseous. Didn't last as long as it should (for almost $30 CDN, incl tax in Ontario). Will stick to MAC - cheaper and better scented.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 10:52:00 AM More reviews by monicako

Very hyped in australia last year with all the fashion mags rating it number 1 in lip gloss. My mother got this for herself over christmas in a mauvey colour. I tried it on and it looked terrible. The shimmer makes the cracks in your lips defined and it looks like it would run within half an hour. Runnier than estee lauder. I didn't know how she was going to pull it off (my mother) since she's 50 and has thin lips.. but with the help of some lip liner she did. It looks ok on the lips but not really worth all the hype.
slightly above average for the colour. one lippie for that and one for the tube it comes in.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2004 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Lynner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the majority of people here that these glosses are wonderful! I already have A Taste of Strawberry, A Lick of Taffy and have A Craving for Truffles and A Feast of Plums on their way!! Unfortunately, in the UK, it is illegal to buy Dior products online - for some bizarre reason!! So I managed to find a place in Hong Kong that will ship worldwide and has the glosses at $18 each (exhange rate just now this works out at about 10) which is fantastic! I'm in no way affilliated with this website but merely wanted to share this with you all for some cheaper cosmetics - www.sasa.com. They also do free delivery on order over $150.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2004 7:42:00 PM More reviews by juujubez

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. In the tube, it looks very metallic and shimmery. I got this in a nibble of nuts, and something strawberry. The nibble of nuts was a very golden coloured gloss that left my lips looking like i drenched it in gold flecks, but not in a disgusting way. It seemed to wash me out a bit since i have a very olive/tan complexion. The strawberry was so much better, I actually finished the tube. It goes on sorta thick, and leaves lips shiny and shimmery. It got gross after a while though. The shimmer and glitter in this gloss got so gritty that i just couldnt stand it anymore. i threw out the nibble of nuts. I usually buy glosses that have just clear pigment to them (like MAC lipglases). The tube was really cute and high-end looking. Overall, if u like having that shimmery look, this is good for u. On the other hand, for me it jus ended up in the garbage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2004 7:38:00 AM More reviews by nikua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have two full sizes and 4 samples of this lipgloss and I adore it! It's absolutely not sticky, keeps my lips soft and moisturized makes them look so gorgeous and full! I might even prefer them over my beloved chanel glossimers (which are gorgeous as well). The Dior Addict glosses are worth every cent and I'm certainly getting more and will repurchase once I run out of any of them!

***Update March 15, 2005***

I now own 3 of these and hardly ever wear them. One reason is that I don't go out at the moment and they're too sparkly and shiney for work. Another one is that they wear off too fast and I don't like the current color selection at all. In future I'll save my money and won't buy Addict l/g anymore. Degrading 5 to 2 lippies. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2004 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ljanik01

I'm not impressed. The packaging is very attractive and the gloss looks ok when just applied, but it wears off very quickly. I like the shimmer effect but I'm sure I'd be just as happy with a cheaper brand. I'm a Dior fan but I won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2003 1:48:00 AM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It should be illegal for me to buy any more lipgloss, I swear, but I really couldn't resist picking these up after being sent some generous samples from a sweet swapper. From the perfection of A Touch of Chocolate to the lovely shimmer of A Taste of Strawberry, these glosses stand the test of time in terms of wear and colour - they are long lasting, natural looking, and gorgeous on top of that! I have yet to find a gloss that compares to my beloved Bourjous Effet 3D, but these may just be the glosses that take that coveted position of "favorite gloss" - they're perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2003 4:03:00 PM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Still thoroughly impressed by these. Dior glosses have improved a lot! No more annoying scent and irritating feel I had with them in the past. These Ultra-Glosses are fabulous because of the multi-shimmer effect. All of the glosses produce a multi-color shimmer which gives the appearance of a complete sexy look without lipliner or lipstick. That I think is it's best quality... if you are in a hurry or doing touch-ups during the day you can just use this and don't need a lipliner or lipstick underneath to give that complete look. These comes highly recommended. Enjoy! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2003 9:43:00 PM More reviews by JayneDoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yeah! Another gloss to love aside from my beloved Glossimers! I have this in "Craving for Truffles" and am chomping at the bit to own more. While I don't care for the sweetish scent, it dies down fairly quickly leaving a burst of wonderfully shimmery color on the lips. Though not as long lasting on me as the Glossimers, they're wondeful for wearing over lipsticks to add depth.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2003 10:44:00 PM More reviews by weasermae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this gloss! "Addict" is a perfect name for it! I have two vials of this...the Strawberry, and the Chocolate. They smell great, taste great, look great. After the gloss wears off, my lips feel soooo velvety soft!! The colors are so gorgeous, too. Love it!! (although a tad pricey for lip gloss!)