July 29, 2014 | 2091 users online

Lip Gloss - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Gloss (All Shades)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2004 12:11:00 AM More reviews by protobiont

This is a wonderful gloss! I used to not care about spending much on lipsticks/glosses. (since it will wear off fairly easily and there are cheaper brands out there with lovely colour selections.) Anyhow, this is different though. The gloss feels very LIGHT on your lips! It 's not heavy like most high-shine glosses. (even MAC cannot beat this) So I said goodbye to those drugstore glosses. I also love the packaging. It's easy to open/close and no leaking!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2004 10:12:00 PM More reviews by kjhymn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these glosses. The light non-sticky texture is perfect and leaves my lips feeling soft and moisturized, plus they have an SPF 8. There's a fairly wide range of shades with new ones being introduced every season. The shades are all sheer and shimmery, but not glittery or over the top. The packaging is cute, if a little bulky. I would prefer a brush to the doe-foot applicator, and these aren't terribly long-lasting. However, they're fabulous alone or layered over lipstick. At $22, they're rather expensive, but you can't put a price on true love.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2004 6:56:00 AM More reviews by ravenpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My second Dior ultra-gloss "A Desire For Sweets" 091 has surpassed last week's fav Simmer JT.

This LE gloss I ordered from STrawberrynet, and it is just brilliant. A slight purply tint on pink base, with just a smidgen of glitter. It makes me want to kiss myself.

My lips aren't very pigmented, so this was a real surprise because it appears quite sheer in the tube.

I'm not a huge fan of wand applicators, especially since my glossimer disasters, but the ultra-gloss are too pretty and I'll let it slide. In terms of price, Strawberrynet is so cheap compared to RRP in Australia - almost half it!!

My urge to collect them all has returned :-D

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2004 9:52:00 PM More reviews by LindaM25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this in a Taste of Strawberry and have to say that this color did not work for me. I am fair skinned and by looking at the tube it seemed pretty, but the color washed me out and made me just look weird if that makes sense. The scent isn't too bad but it's not enjoyable. Also, the texture wasn't all that good...not quite as sticky as I would prefer. Maybe I'll try this in a different shade but so far it's a no go for the Addict gloss for me:(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2004 9:15:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I wanted to love this, I really did. Now I just want to like it, but unfortunately, I don't - at first smell it seems fruity, but after a while I started to smell that rose Dior scent, which makes me nauseous. Didn't last as long as it should (for almost $30 CDN, incl tax in Ontario). Will stick to MAC - cheaper and better scented.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 10:52:00 AM More reviews by monicako

Very hyped in australia last year with all the fashion mags rating it number 1 in lip gloss. My mother got this for herself over christmas in a mauvey colour. I tried it on and it looked terrible. The shimmer makes the cracks in your lips defined and it looks like it would run within half an hour. Runnier than estee lauder. I didn't know how she was going to pull it off (my mother) since she's 50 and has thin lips.. but with the help of some lip liner she did. It looks ok on the lips but not really worth all the hype.
slightly above average for the colour. one lippie for that and one for the tube it comes in.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2004 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Lynner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the majority of people here that these glosses are wonderful! I already have A Taste of Strawberry, A Lick of Taffy and have A Craving for Truffles and A Feast of Plums on their way!! Unfortunately, in the UK, it is illegal to buy Dior products online - for some bizarre reason!! So I managed to find a place in Hong Kong that will ship worldwide and has the glosses at $18 each (exhange rate just now this works out at about 10) which is fantastic! I'm in no way affilliated with this website but merely wanted to share this with you all for some cheaper cosmetics - www.sasa.com. They also do free delivery on order over $150.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2004 7:42:00 PM More reviews by juujubez

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. In the tube, it looks very metallic and shimmery. I got this in a nibble of nuts, and something strawberry. The nibble of nuts was a very golden coloured gloss that left my lips looking like i drenched it in gold flecks, but not in a disgusting way. It seemed to wash me out a bit since i have a very olive/tan complexion. The strawberry was so much better, I actually finished the tube. It goes on sorta thick, and leaves lips shiny and shimmery. It got gross after a while though. The shimmer and glitter in this gloss got so gritty that i just couldnt stand it anymore. i threw out the nibble of nuts. I usually buy glosses that have just clear pigment to them (like MAC lipglases). The tube was really cute and high-end looking. Overall, if u like having that shimmery look, this is good for u. On the other hand, for me it jus ended up in the garbage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2004 7:38:00 AM More reviews by nikua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have two full sizes and 4 samples of this lipgloss and I adore it! It's absolutely not sticky, keeps my lips soft and moisturized makes them look so gorgeous and full! I might even prefer them over my beloved chanel glossimers (which are gorgeous as well). The Dior Addict glosses are worth every cent and I'm certainly getting more and will repurchase once I run out of any of them!

***Update March 15, 2005***

I now own 3 of these and hardly ever wear them. One reason is that I don't go out at the moment and they're too sparkly and shiney for work. Another one is that they wear off too fast and I don't like the current color selection at all. In future I'll save my money and won't buy Addict l/g anymore. Degrading 5 to 2 lippies. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2004 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ljanik01

I'm not impressed. The packaging is very attractive and the gloss looks ok when just applied, but it wears off very quickly. I like the shimmer effect but I'm sure I'd be just as happy with a cheaper brand. I'm a Dior fan but I won't buy this again.