Dior Addict Lip Gloss (All Shades)

3.5

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate/Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecanol, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Glass Beads, Porpylene Carbonate, Mica, Propyl Gallate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Bht, Butylene Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol.

on 1/10/2005 1:38:00 PM

I'm not impressed by this gloss at all: it has a very chemical smell and doesn't last for long! For the hype and the price, I expected this to be much better. Not worth it.

on 12/26/2004 6:23:00 PM

this turned out to be just another lip gloss that i throw in my makeup box after all. it doesn't even work as well as some of the drug store products. it doesn't given the ultra shine that it's supposed to, and doesn't even stay on long enough. too expensive for the average job it does. i like the packaging but that's about it. in fact, i didn't even end up using half of it ever since i bought it almost a year ago. what a disappointment.

on 12/5/2004 5:53:00 PM

I normally love Christian Dior's products, and I loved Addict gloss when I first got it - until I began to notice that this gloss isn't all that it's cracked up to be. The gloss I purchased was A Sip of Lemonade, which is a clear gloss. First off, let me say that it will last when applied on top of lipstick, though that tends to leave a nasty smear of color on the applicator and the gloss is hard to get off of lip brushes. Now, the gloss goes on extremely shiny, very bright, but it does not last for a long time at all when applied to the naked lips. Instead, it just leaves your lips feeling like they have gloss on them, but no shine at all. Reapplying gloss over it only makes you look like you went crazy with the gloss, also! Overall, this gloss was not worth the price. When it comes to glosses, I think I'll stick to Lancome's juicy tubes.

on 11/28/2004 10:24:00 AM

I love all of CD's lipglosses.
The glide on easyli. They dont dry out your lips, and the stay on!
Natural and smooth.

on 8/16/2004 12:11:00 AM

This is a wonderful gloss! I used to not care about spending much on lipsticks/glosses. (since it will wear off fairly easily and there are cheaper brands out there with lovely colour selections.) Anyhow, this is different though. The gloss feels very LIGHT on your lips! It 's not heavy like most high-shine glosses. (even MAC cannot beat this) So I said goodbye to those drugstore glosses. I also love the packaging. It's easy to open/close and no leaking!

on 5/7/2004 10:12:00 PM

I love these glosses. The light non-sticky texture is perfect and leaves my lips feeling soft and moisturized, plus they have an SPF 8. There's a fairly wide range of shades with new ones being introduced every season. The shades are all sheer and shimmery, but not glittery or over the top. The packaging is cute, if a little bulky. I would prefer a brush to the doe-foot applicator, and these aren't terribly long-lasting. However, they're fabulous alone or layered over lipstick. At $22, they're rather expensive, but you can't put a price on true love.

on 5/1/2004 6:56:00 AM

My second Dior ultra-gloss "A Desire For Sweets" 091 has surpassed last week's fav Simmer JT.

This LE gloss I ordered from STrawberrynet, and it is just brilliant. A slight purply tint on pink base, with just a smidgen of glitter. It makes me want to kiss myself.

My lips aren't very pigmented, so this was a real surprise because it appears quite sheer in the tube.

I'm not a huge fan of wand applicators, especially since my glossimer disasters, but the ultra-gloss are too pretty and I'll let it slide. In terms of price, Strawberrynet is so cheap compared to RRP in Australia - almost half it!!

My urge to collect them all has returned :-D

on 4/29/2004 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this in a Taste of Strawberry and have to say that this color did not work for me. I am fair skinned and by looking at the tube it seemed pretty, but the color washed me out and made me just look weird if that makes sense. The scent isn't too bad but it's not enjoyable. Also, the texture wasn't all that good...not quite as sticky as I would prefer. Maybe I'll try this in a different shade but so far it's a no go for the Addict gloss for me:(

on 4/29/2004 9:15:00 PM

I wanted to love this, I really did. Now I just want to like it, but unfortunately, I don't - at first smell it seems fruity, but after a while I started to smell that rose Dior scent, which makes me nauseous. Didn't last as long as it should (for almost $30 CDN, incl tax in Ontario). Will stick to MAC - cheaper and better scented.

on 3/29/2004 10:52:00 AM

Very hyped in australia last year with all the fashion mags rating it number 1 in lip gloss. My mother got this for herself over christmas in a mauvey colour. I tried it on and it looked terrible. The shimmer makes the cracks in your lips defined and it looks like it would run within half an hour. Runnier than estee lauder. I didn't know how she was going to pull it off (my mother) since she's 50 and has thin lips.. but with the help of some lip liner she did. It looks ok on the lips but not really worth all the hype.
slightly above average for the colour. one lippie for that and one for the tube it comes in.

Popular Lip Glosses