Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

4.6

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 11/13/2010 2:52:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

At first I got scared coz of the white color but it blends well with my skintone. I used this during a shoot and this prevents my makeup from caking and fading.

For my full review and swatches:

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My HG loose setting powder!!!
It may not be as fancy or famous as others but I think this stuff is amazing!!!It's very light and soft,it doesn't leave a chalky finish and it's extremely long wearing.
I use this every day with a puff/brush to set my concealer (brilliant for that) and to cut the shine left by my moisturizer.
You only need a very small amount every time, so this will last and last!
If you have particulary oily skin or you live in very hot/humid places and sweat is always a challenge this powder is great for this too!
Don't be fool by its color, it won't leave a white cast on your face and it will not alter the color of your foundation either.Plus...it's super cheap!

on 9/9/2010 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

My newly favorite setting powder! I've been testing it out for 2 weeks and i am so happy this product works out for me. I am not a fan of the packaging. I use my empty loose powder case from my lancome and transferred the ben nye product there. I use a nice powder fluff and pat it over my face after i'm done doing my make up. it doesn't leave a white cast over my face. (tested even with photograph with or without flash). it's not drying my face or crevices of my face ( especially sides of the nose and chin) but it does a good function of oil-control. i use it hand it hand with my ben nye matte foundation. I have yet to try with other foundations like my mac studio fix and revlon colorstay.

on 8/16/2010 9:23:00 PM

I wanted to add the ingredients list above, but for some reason, it won't let me. So I'm adding them here:
HTH someone! Took me forever to find the ingredients online!

on 7/14/2010 6:00:00 PM

I use it mostly for my undereye area. For the face I use the Banana power by Ben Nye. It is not that this one would not be great, but I prefer the warmth the Banana one gives my facel
I do not have oily skin so this one works just great. I will not buy again a more expensive product, this one is great

on 3/30/2010 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This powder is pretty good. I've tried many of them, both high end and low end and this one is definately a bargain because it works to set your makeup beautifuly. I have oily skin so I do have to reapply after a couple of hours but it looks so flawless even on my tan skin (since the powder is white I was afraid it would make me look pasty) It's perfect for the price. I went to a seminar and the artist works on high end clients such as Shakira, Gwen, Pamela and she uses this on everyone except african american people (for them topaz) and she says all you need to do is blot it with a tissue once shine comes through.

on 2/28/2010 2:27:00 PM

Horrible. Leaves a white cast and doesn't even control oil too well.
Still have an almost-full 3oz bottle... =[

on 1/21/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is just as good as MAC Blot, for a fraction of the price. This doesn't come in a sifter jar, so I just used one that I already had. I use my BE powder brush for application. I purchased this on Amazon.com but you can find it on many Theatre makeup websites.

on 12/17/2009 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this powder. As with all Ben Nye products, they are formulated for performers - people whose makeup is a professional tool, not a fashion accessory - so their products WORK and are very affordable. I bought the large tub of this for $9 at my local theatrical supply store and even though I use it regularly for myself (decanted into a smaller sifter jar) and have powdered head-to-toe countless models, I think I'll be dead long before I use it all!

The powder is completely translucent, controls oil reasonably well, and contains an antiperspirant to minimize sweating (from all those hot stage lights!) I use this for stage performance and I can attest to it's sweat minimizing ability. I find this powder so dependable, I used it on my wedding day.

on 11/10/2009 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think I have found my HG powder. I used a translucent Lancome powder that was 32 dollars for much less product and was in love, but not in love with the price. I then tried Fyrinnae Fluff powder which was awful. This is amazing!! It truly is translucent. I put it on and cannot even see it. No powdery look, you cannot see it going on. It is just as good as the Lancome but much cheaper.

Recommended for Normal Skin