April 17, 2014 | 1015 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Neutral Set translucent powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Lala201

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think I have found my HG powder. I used a translucent Lancome powder that was 32 dollars for much less product and was in love, but not in love with the price. I then tried Fyrinnae Fluff powder which was awful. This is amazing!! It truly is translucent. I put it on and cannot even see it. No powdery look, you cannot see it going on. It is just as good as the Lancome but much cheaper.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder is AM-AZ-ING! I have had problems controlling my everyday oiliness, which has really been a pain, as foundation only lasted about 4/5 hrs before creasing etc.
This powder keeps my skin matte for at least 8 hrs+, which is a small miracle for my skin. Packaging isn't pretty, but I just pour some into an old lid and then use my brush/velour puff to apply. Doesn't dry my skin out and never effects the color of my other make-up, goes on transparent. It is totally water resistant, sweat and tear proof!
I paid 9 inc. P&P which for the amount and quality is very good, overall I would highly recommend this, def. HG powder!
UPDATE: I just have to say how much I am loving this powder, even on bad skin days, after applying this my face looks so much better. Really refined and smooth. Great stuff!

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great powder for controlling oil!! Dirt cheap, easy to find online, goes on like silk. Huge 3 ounce bottle for $7.00. I use mineral makeup and I apply this last with my kabuki brush. I can't believe how well it works. I'm usually very oily, but this stuff stops oil for the whole day! I already use a great mineral makeup which has helped my oil problem, but with Neutral Set as my last step, I think I have found the perfect combination to keep my oil at bay. Try it out. It's cheap, so there isn't a big investment involved if you don't care for it. I will definitely keep buying this! Also, it does NOT change the color of your makeup. It "sets" everything exactly how you have applied it. It doesn't feel heavy. I can't feel it on my face which is a big plus. I hate a heavy feeling on my skin.
EDIT: While I still like this powder and still recommend it, I would not repurchase because I found something I like better. My skin has changed and is drier now. I have changed up my makeup routine so I no longer use this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This powder is amazing. It is a truly translucent, oil and sweat controlling powder. I use a puff from Sephora and press and roll it into my skin after I put on blush, but before I set my brows, and then use a fluffy powder brush to remove excess. This powder has done amazing things to keep my makeup in place this summer. It really does help control perspiration on the face! I was worried that the anti-perspirant factor would cause irritation and breakouts, but no such problems have happened for me. I got mine from a theater supply company online (http://www.fun-shop.com) and it came in a tall jar with a two opening top, like a salt top. I just got a really cheap NYC loose powder, threw that powder away, washed and filled the jar with the Ben Nye powder, and did a pretty decoupage picture on the lid to store mine. I haven't used it in the cooler weather, but it is HG summer setting powder for me. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by scrappymamas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product it is awesome to use in the summer it helps keep your make up set and it helps minimize shine for me because of the antiperspirant . It is also great at finishing your makeup it blends my MAC Studio Fix and my bronzer or blush into a beautiful flawless finish. And it is also a great buy at $5.99 the only thing that i dislike a bit is the packaging because you tend to waste a bit of product because of the sifter but other then that i like that it comes with a lot of product:)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by diotima133

Found this for $6 at Ricky's in NYC. It leaves my makeup looking polished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by angelakay016

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the best setting powders I have used. You can get this online or from theater supply stores for a really good price. It sets makeup without looking like you have added another layer and is great at absorbing shine. My only gripe is the packaging, it comes in a shake out container and sometimes I would end up wasting product until I found an empty sifter jar and decanted some. I will definitely repurchase this when it runs out, but that won't be for a while since you get tons of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Butterflylover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is great for applying sparingly to eyelashes after first coat of mascara. Helps separate, prevent gooey clumping, sticking together.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by inanis

I love this. It's cheap, and yet so easy to use. The packaging isn't great, but I generally just tap it out onto the lid and use my brush on that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by jillbanks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This little gem is one of the MANY reasons I love makeup alley! I would have never known about it were it not for this website. I LOVE this loose powder. It is an amazing setting powder that does not change the color of your foundation. It is very light...not heavy or thick. It is cheap. You get a ton of it. Does not clog pores. Sets my foundation perfectly. Looks fabulous is photos (as in oil control- even if you don't have oily skin photos can make you look shiny and this really really helps! ) I am going to order another one just to have a backup even though it will take an eternity to run out.