December 19, 2014 | 1234 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Neutral Set translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by vayalios

I use it mostly for my undereye area. For the face I use the Banana power by Ben Nye. It is not that this one would not be great, but I prefer the warmth the Banana one gives my facel
I do not have oily skin so this one works just great. I will not buy again a more expensive product, this one is great

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by andygirrl1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is pretty good. I've tried many of them, both high end and low end and this one is definately a bargain because it works to set your makeup beautifuly. I have oily skin so I do have to reapply after a couple of hours but it looks so flawless even on my tan skin (since the powder is white I was afraid it would make me look pasty) It's perfect for the price. I went to a seminar and the artist works on high end clients such as Shakira, Gwen, Pamela and she uses this on everyone except african american people (for them topaz) and she says all you need to do is blot it with a tissue once shine comes through.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by c0lap1nada

Horrible. Leaves a white cast and doesn't even control oil too well.
Still have an almost-full 3oz bottle... =[

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by sammers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just as good as MAC Blot, for a fraction of the price. This doesn't come in a sifter jar, so I just used one that I already had. I use my BE powder brush for application. I purchased this on Amazon.com but you can find it on many Theatre makeup websites.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by clarklovesyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. As with all Ben Nye products, they are formulated for performers - people whose makeup is a professional tool, not a fashion accessory - so their products WORK and are very affordable. I bought the large tub of this for $9 at my local theatrical supply store and even though I use it regularly for myself (decanted into a smaller sifter jar) and have powdered head-to-toe countless models, I think I'll be dead long before I use it all!

The powder is completely translucent, controls oil reasonably well, and contains an antiperspirant to minimize sweating (from all those hot stage lights!) I use this for stage performance and I can attest to it's sweat minimizing ability. I find this powder so dependable, I used it on my wedding day.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Lala201

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think I have found my HG powder. I used a translucent Lancome powder that was 32 dollars for much less product and was in love, but not in love with the price. I then tried Fyrinnae Fluff powder which was awful. This is amazing!! It truly is translucent. I put it on and cannot even see it. No powdery look, you cannot see it going on. It is just as good as the Lancome but much cheaper.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder is AM-AZ-ING! I have had problems controlling my everyday oiliness, which has really been a pain, as foundation only lasted about 4/5 hrs before creasing etc.
This powder keeps my skin matte for at least 8 hrs+, which is a small miracle for my skin. Packaging isn't pretty, but I just pour some into an old lid and then use my brush/velour puff to apply. Doesn't dry my skin out and never effects the color of my other make-up, goes on transparent. It is totally water resistant, sweat and tear proof!
I paid 9 inc. P&P which for the amount and quality is very good, overall I would highly recommend this, def. HG powder!
UPDATE: I just have to say how much I am loving this powder, even on bad skin days, after applying this my face looks so much better. Really refined and smooth. Great stuff!

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great powder for controlling oil!! Dirt cheap, easy to find online, goes on like silk. Huge 3 ounce bottle for $7.00. I use mineral makeup and I apply this last with my kabuki brush. I can't believe how well it works. I'm usually very oily, but this stuff stops oil for the whole day! I already use a great mineral makeup which has helped my oil problem, but with Neutral Set as my last step, I think I have found the perfect combination to keep my oil at bay. Try it out. It's cheap, so there isn't a big investment involved if you don't care for it. I will definitely keep buying this! Also, it does NOT change the color of your makeup. It "sets" everything exactly how you have applied it. It doesn't feel heavy. I can't feel it on my face which is a big plus. I hate a heavy feeling on my skin.
EDIT: While I still like this powder and still recommend it, I would not repurchase because I found something I like better. My skin has changed and is drier now. I have changed up my makeup routine so I no longer use this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This powder is amazing. It is a truly translucent, oil and sweat controlling powder. I use a puff from Sephora and press and roll it into my skin after I put on blush, but before I set my brows, and then use a fluffy powder brush to remove excess. This powder has done amazing things to keep my makeup in place this summer. It really does help control perspiration on the face! I was worried that the anti-perspirant factor would cause irritation and breakouts, but no such problems have happened for me. I got mine from a theater supply company online (http://www.fun-shop.com) and it came in a tall jar with a two opening top, like a salt top. I just got a really cheap NYC loose powder, threw that powder away, washed and filled the jar with the Ben Nye powder, and did a pretty decoupage picture on the lid to store mine. I haven't used it in the cooler weather, but it is HG summer setting powder for me. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 12:33:00 AM More reviews by scrappymamas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product it is awesome to use in the summer it helps keep your make up set and it helps minimize shine for me because of the antiperspirant . It is also great at finishing your makeup it blends my MAC Studio Fix and my bronzer or blush into a beautiful flawless finish. And it is also a great buy at $5.99 the only thing that i dislike a bit is the packaging because you tend to waste a bit of product because of the sifter but other then that i like that it comes with a lot of product:)