Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

4.6

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Geez louise, What oh what is wrong with my face that almost nothing, including this highly rated product, will work for me???? I had super, duper high hopes and did not mind the cheap packaging cuz um it's dirt cheap, so I guess you get what you pay for. I passed this on to a co-worker since it is whole bunch of product and did not want it just sitting in my medicine cabinet. On to trying Kryolan anti-shine powder. Hope I fair better with that since it's a bit more pricey. Please makeup Gods all I want is for a shine free face....at least for like 5 hours and then I don't mind reapplying :)

on 12/14/2010 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I actually got this at a Halloween store to set my white face makeup I was wearing as part of my costume. I believe it cost $6 for my 0.9 oz. container. after Halloween, I have been using it with my everyday makeup. it gives me a very natural look! I would say it looks better than any other powder I've ever used. granted, it is my first and only translucent powder. I'm not a big fan of the packaging, as it actually has to be sprinkled out like baby powder, but then again the packaging is travel friendly, unlike other loose powders I've used!

on 12/3/2010 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great product! :D
Now I don't know what to do with all of my old expensive powders :( Since I bought this on ebay (from funhousetheathrical), I don't need any other powder!

PROS:
* cheap cheap cheap!!! You get a lot of product for 6-9 $
* translucent - has no colour, doesn't change colour of your foundation (good if you have just the right foundation colour and don't want to ruin it with some extra colour)
* the most finely milled powder I've ever had (and I've had many!) - very natural result :D
* didn't break me out (my skin likes to react to anything)
* keeps skin matte

CONS:
* the jar it comes in looks kinda cheap-looking and you have to use a paper (that's actually something the MAC lady told me,so I guessed this isn't "the only jar with problems") or it's tiny lid. You could also use some other old powder-case you have

This works great over liquid foundation, but I wouldn't like to wear it on bare skin though,because it doesn't really set that way. It doesn't have amazing staying power, but I would say that it helps my oil better than anything I've ever tried :)

on 11/13/2010 3:25:00 AM

This is a wonderful powder. It really does what everyone says. It takes away shine without altering makeup color, and really just helps my skin look natural and nice. The packaging is okay-- you can shake it into the lid and that helps. I don't think this has the best staying power there is, but it's not bad either! Ben Nye doesn't test on animals which is a huge bonus. I would recommend this product to anyone, but especially if you have a hard time find a "light" or "translucent" color powder light enough for your skin!

on 11/13/2010 2:52:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

At first I got scared coz of the white color but it blends well with my skintone. I used this during a shoot and this prevents my makeup from caking and fading.

For my full review and swatches:

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My HG loose setting powder!!!
It may not be as fancy or famous as others but I think this stuff is amazing!!!It's very light and soft,it doesn't leave a chalky finish and it's extremely long wearing.
I use this every day with a puff/brush to set my concealer (brilliant for that) and to cut the shine left by my moisturizer.
You only need a very small amount every time, so this will last and last!
If you have particulary oily skin or you live in very hot/humid places and sweat is always a challenge this powder is great for this too!
Don't be fool by its color, it won't leave a white cast on your face and it will not alter the color of your foundation either.Plus...it's super cheap!

on 9/9/2010 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

My newly favorite setting powder! I've been testing it out for 2 weeks and i am so happy this product works out for me. I am not a fan of the packaging. I use my empty loose powder case from my lancome and transferred the ben nye product there. I use a nice powder fluff and pat it over my face after i'm done doing my make up. it doesn't leave a white cast over my face. (tested even with photograph with or without flash). it's not drying my face or crevices of my face ( especially sides of the nose and chin) but it does a good function of oil-control. i use it hand it hand with my ben nye matte foundation. I have yet to try with other foundations like my mac studio fix and revlon colorstay.

on 8/16/2010 9:23:00 PM

I wanted to add the ingredients list above, but for some reason, it won't let me. So I'm adding them here:
HTH someone! Took me forever to find the ingredients online!

on 7/14/2010 6:00:00 PM

I use it mostly for my undereye area. For the face I use the Banana power by Ben Nye. It is not that this one would not be great, but I prefer the warmth the Banana one gives my facel
I do not have oily skin so this one works just great. I will not buy again a more expensive product, this one is great

on 3/30/2010 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This powder is pretty good. I've tried many of them, both high end and low end and this one is definately a bargain because it works to set your makeup beautifuly. I have oily skin so I do have to reapply after a couple of hours but it looks so flawless even on my tan skin (since the powder is white I was afraid it would make me look pasty) It's perfect for the price. I went to a seminar and the artist works on high end clients such as Shakira, Gwen, Pamela and she uses this on everyone except african american people (for them topaz) and she says all you need to do is blot it with a tissue once shine comes through.

Recommended for Normal Skin