Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, parfum

Love the smell--calming and comforting; good for so many uses. I'm uncomfortable about the articles associating baby powder with phlates, asbestos, talc issues: "Breathing in talcum powder can lead to very serious lung problems, even death" -- http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002719.htm -- but I'll probably keep using it anyway

on 8/7/2010 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have used it on my body especially underarms & on my oily hair for a quick dry/oil control technique. It works. But for the face I would not recommend it as its just not too good for you in my opinion. For now I can only say that I might buy it for the hair reason.

i couldn't use this product on my face as it's so caky .also I wonder
how anyone can use it on her hair unless she is a platinum blond
also it's very loose so it can be inhaled very easily whenever you
use it. be aware of using it on babies becouse many can be
allergic

on 7/11/2010 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Just a really cheap, great product to douse yourself with to remove moisture from your skin before waxing your arms/legs/underarms. Otherwise, not recommended for use on yourself or your babies. The talc is said to be carcinogenic if inhaled.

on 6/27/2010 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Add me to the list of people who use baby powder on their face instead of spending $$$ on pressed/loose cosmetic powders. I used to have to buy specially formulated stark-white powders that cost an arm and a leg, because no drugstore or low-end powders were light or cool-toned enough for my skin - all of them would leave me looking blotchy and orangey/yellowy. But really, I cannot justify spending so much on a powder... and when I realized I had run out of that expensive powder one day, I figured I would use baby powder until I could get a backup. After trying the baby powder, a backup isn't necessary, I've switched over to this full time! Keeps my face matte for several hours, matches my skin tone, and is cheap, to boot.

As for the claims that it causes cancer, I'm hardly concerned. Unless you're huffing the powder multiple times a day, I doubt it's very harmful... damn near everything seems to cause a cancer scare these days. Use it sparingly, don't snort the stuff, and you'll be fine.

on 4/17/2010 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

AmazingAmazingAmazing blotting powder, keeps my skin as matte as it gets, but pleaseplease stay away from it!! even the johnson and johnson company warns to keep this product away from the face, as to avoid inhalation - in other words, inhalation could cause cancer, and who wants that? It might be amazing, but stay away :)

on 3/21/2010 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have never thought to review this before but I use it as a dry shampoo and it works great. I bought small can of Oscar Bland dry shampoo because I loved the small can it was in, great for my purse makeup bag, but it was so horrible that I realized before forking out $$ on another dry shampoo I will just stick with what I have been using for years. I have a small container of this that has lasted forever! It's a quick fix for those days when I don't have time to shampoo my hair and I will use this to put my hair up in a French twist or poofed pony tail. Try it, what have you got to lose, only a few dollars if it doesn't work for you.

I tried this as a setting powder for the first time yesterday.

My face didn't get only at all. No break-outs YET *knocks on wood*. My face did not look cakey or anything. I tried the MAC Prep&Prime translucent powder last week & it works about the same. The only thing I don't like is that it's scented. Next time I will get unscented.

I have two boys, so this is their baby powder LOL. I just used it to see if it really works great as a setting powder. I didn't need much to apply on. So this big ol bottle that I have will last me MONTHS.

I could care less about the packaging. This is meant to be a baby product. I just pour it in my empty BE container & apply with a kabuki brush.

on 2/23/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I actually get this in cooling cucumber melon. It soothes my skin and really keeps in cool. It makes my skin smooth and silky. Love it on a warmer day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Its funny cause I got a bunch of these from my babies baby shower but instead of my baby using them I am- since the doctor told us its not good to use it on her because her lungs were sensitive when she was a newborn. Well anyways, I use this instead of foundation on those days when you just need your skin to breathe and make-ups a no no. It takes away the redness from my skin and makes it matte for a good couple hours. I read other reviews on here that it works well over foundation- I might just have to try this out:) If your hairs a bit greasy and dont have the time to wash it, use some powder on your roots. It'll matte down the oils but make sure you dont keep playing with your hair after or it'll get worse.

Top Rated Johnson & Johnson Products