Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder

Price: $

Talc, parfum

on 1/22/2011 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love J&J baby powder! My favorite scents are Blossom and another one in a blue bottle? I'm not sure of the name. I love putting this on during the summer so I can stay cool longer. The cornstarch version also clears up my skin of ezcema better than any topical oinment etc. I love how its inexpensive too. There's so many uses for it!

on 1/2/2011 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love baby powder but have to add a note regarding the previous posters mention of using talc , Talc is very bad to use it has been known to cause female cancers and is not good to use , Please be aware of this and use the cornstarch version of any baby powder they all have that version

on 1/2/2011 6:29:00 AM

this is great you cant go wrong with talc! i use this on myself and the kids after baths and its great for cold winter nights to dry and warm you up quickly!

on 12/25/2010 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Just like Tyra Banks' beauty secret is vaseline, my beauty secret is my holy grail baby powder! A great smelling liquid absorbent, this makes an excellent deodorant , and can keep just about any body part dry, sweat free and feeling lovely. Also can be used on intimate areas and during intimate moments to ensure a pleasant smell, and a dry feel. Talc, the main ingredient of baby powder, is also frequently used in many setting powders for makeup. Thus, it effectively sets makeup, and I personally believe it works even better than regular setting powder, keeping my makeup intact through thick and thin. It also works great to blot oil and absorb sweat during the summer. Will never be without this again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yes!!! I use this as a dry shampoo!!! The best thing I have found in a very long time! I use to have to wash my hair everyday!!! A SA at nordstrums told me about this and she had awesome hair. Love,love love this!! Some might say eww I want to wash everday..well when I get up to take kids to school I don't want greasy hair! I have been asked if I get up and wash my hair just to take kids to school....that is what the baby powder does...makes it look fresh! Try it! You will stop buying the expensive dry shampoos!

on 11/13/2010 9:05:00 AM

Baby powder is amazing for so many different reasons.
First off, it is a fantastic dry shampoo. And although I love my rockaholic brand dry shampoo, I use baby powder more because it is cheaper and I think it does a better job. I just tap it into my roots when I section off my hair and then style it. I don't have to worry about it showing because I'm blonde- but a blowdryer would fix that if it was a problem.

Next, it is amazing as a setting for makeup. A lot like mineral veil but it lasts a lot longer! No greasy t zone and no need for blotting papers.

Also, works great in heels to keep your feet from sliding around or, ew, sweating! Also keeps away stinky feet- winner!

Of course, for the price- it makes the product completely amazing and the fact that you can buy it anywhere makes is double fantastic.

on 10/12/2010 1:03:00 PM

For some reason the fragrace of this product is different from the bottle I have from the 90s, which was more "powdery" and "floral". Yes, I have a bottle from the 90s. I used the powder in the old bottle a few times as a dry shampoo but wasn't too thrilled about having to work the powder into my hair. I have black hair and white powder needs to be brushed into it quite thoroughly. I think I might have also used the old powder a few times as a body powder but I didn't really need a body powder, well I don't need one now. OK, I don't know why I had that bottle. Perhaps it was in my parent's bathroom cabinet, which means the bottle is much older than I suspect. Anyway... I gave that bottle away to someone who was complaining about an itchy neck. So I purchased a new bottle for the purpose of using as a mattifying powder on my FACE (what dumb idea, should have listened to my mother who said, "Why would you do that? You have sensitive skin!"). It gave me the WORST reaction since the time I tested a liquid foundation containing silicones, and silicones always make me BREAK OUT! BEWARE! BREAK OUTS! I don't know if I'm sensitive to talc or the fragrance. I suspect it might be the fragrance. I have fairly sensitive skin though, for everyone else this powder is quite useful... although I don't know what to use it for. But at least it wasn't expensive. It costs $1.99AUD at Priceline, money that I could have probably tossed into a wishing well.

P.S. Yes, it does actually mattify and it transparent once buffed into your face -- well, my face. Too bad about the horrible BREAK OUT.

Ingredients: talc, parfum.

Love the smell--calming and comforting; good for so many uses. I'm uncomfortable about the articles associating baby powder with phlates, asbestos, talc issues: "Breathing in talcum powder can lead to very serious lung problems, even death" -- http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002719.htm -- but I'll probably keep using it anyway

on 8/7/2010 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have used it on my body especially underarms & on my oily hair for a quick dry/oil control technique. It works. But for the face I would not recommend it as its just not too good for you in my opinion. For now I can only say that I might buy it for the hair reason.

i couldn't use this product on my face as it's so caky .also I wonder
how anyone can use it on her hair unless she is a platinum blond
also it's very loose so it can be inhaled very easily whenever you
use it. be aware of using it on babies becouse many can be
allergic