July 29, 2014 | 1976 users online

Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually get this in cooling cucumber melon. It soothes my skin and really keeps in cool. It makes my skin smooth and silky. Love it on a warmer day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its funny cause I got a bunch of these from my babies baby shower but instead of my baby using them I am- since the doctor told us its not good to use it on her because her lungs were sensitive when she was a newborn. Well anyways, I use this instead of foundation on those days when you just need your skin to breathe and make-ups a no no. It takes away the redness from my skin and makes it matte for a good couple hours. I read other reviews on here that it works well over foundation- I might just have to try this out:) If your hairs a bit greasy and dont have the time to wash it, use some powder on your roots. It'll matte down the oils but make sure you dont keep playing with your hair after or it'll get worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by larsonwendy

I needed a setting powder for my makeup that wouldn't change the color of my foundation. Literally all powders EVEN translucent show up on my skin too dark and some even make me look like I belong on the show Jersey Shore....like that orange!
So it hit me that baby powder is gentle and most importantly not colored. If you brush it on it goes on sheer and makes your foundation matte. The only drawback is that it is very heavily scented but you can get it in unscented as well.
I bought the sensitive skin formula in a travel size for 99 cents. It's a big enough bottle to last me several months. You can also find HUGE sizes at the drugstore for under $5.
I found a tutorial on youtube on how to make loose powdered eyeshadows into pressed powder, so I might try doing that with the baby powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lately, I seem to be re-discovering J&J products and their baby powder is one of the more delightful re-finds. I use it just before bedtime under my arms and my husband always asks what that wonderful fragrance is. I just shrug and say it's one of my routine products.

The skin on my upper chest is sensitive to fragranced talc (milia) so I'm careful about overdoing it with this stuff. I never used it on my infants because of the "talc" scare at the time (one of many) but I always kept a small container of it in my gym bag to use in my sneakers (athletic shoes) to prevent athlete's feet and it still works in shoes which are damp from being worn. Long ago I used it in my hair when it needed washing but I didn't have time to wash it; and I also used it to catch fall-out from eye shadow (index card works now).

The distinctive smell is not quite as strong as it used to be but since I've nearly accepted that all "classics" have been re-formulated in some way, I'm not complaining. It's still a very nice, cozy scent and it works for what I need it to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by champagnestars

who can ever resisit this? this is classic, all time fav! Cheap & good! yays to Johnson & Johnson! i love the scented ones too! Lavender! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by GUMBYY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

its a classic! haha but now they have all those other baby powders of diff scents. theyre all gooood.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this product and it's a HG product that I have used since birth. I don't remember not every using or having this product on hand and over the years, I have used this product in many traditional or non-traditional methods. I use this powder on my freshly showered body; on my bed sheets and floor mats/rugs to refreshen them; on my new wigs to remove the "I-am-so-shiny-you-know-I-am-wig" look; under my eyes as barrier for eyeshadow fallout; on the floor (or other surfaces) when I spill something oily to absorb the oil and prevent slipping and/or injury; and many other countless uses.

This is a MUST HAVE HG product and I hope everyone has one bottle of this product on hand at all times.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by jaerfe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I put a teeny tiny bit in my hair if I haven't washed my hair for the day. I have the jumbo size and the mini size for my purse. The smell brings you back to your childhood years. :) Love it, classic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by hellokitty1121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product isn't only great for babies. Its such a great versatile product. Will always have this on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by silkcut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So versatile! I use this to combat (ugh) sweaty feet in summer and also as an extra aid to deo in hot climes.

Non cosmetically, I use this also to sprinkle on my floor before hoovering- adds a really nice fresh smell to the room!

No bathroom cabinet should be without this