July 22, 2014 | 1142 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love love love this brush, although the price was steep for it, I know I will have it for a very long time. I adore it and it is one of those purchases Im not regretting so far. I use it almost daily since buying it from maccosmetics.com

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

Great pencil brush, and much more than that. First off, it smudges pencil easily and beautifully. Gives you that smoked out effect but in a very neat and stuctured way - doesn't look like you just smeared the color all over with your fingers. Works on bare skin, or just over a base, or over multiple colors layered on top of each other. What it's also very good at, is getting at those smaller areas of the eye with precision: This is pretty much the only brush I'll use for highlighting my inner corner, and sometimes even the arch of my brow. Equally, it works just as well for defining the eye with darker colors, say you want a crease/bottom lashline/outer V that's a little sharper than usual, or you just happen to have a smaller crease/outer V area in general so you find that regular-sized blending brushes don't exactly do the trick for you. Go for this one. It packs on color nicely, and acts both as a mini "applier" and "blender" at the same time. Lovely, versatile brush. Would repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by serenechew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a really surprising brush! It looks so small that I thought, what can it possibly do? Lots, actually. I use it mainly for highlighting but it can competently achieve many types of usage, with ease. The price is expensive but it is value for money in how it makes doing makeup easier and more polished. Definitely recommend you to get this after you get your eyeshadow and eyeliner brush. Its usage is not easily duplicated by those two brushes, thus you don't need to worry about wasting money on something extra that you don't really need. A definite rebuy although I hope mine can last for years!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by BeeGee35

Let me tell you why you need this brush. Yes you can smudge/apply colors along your lash line with it. I have hooded eyes. They aren't that big either. When I blend with my 217 on the crease it sort of undoes any lid color... turning everything into my crease color. Now the 219 is precise. I can make an "Outer V" perfectly. I can't place color exactly where i want and blend it without ruining the color on the rest of my eye. It is perfect for application for the crease.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This brush is heaven sent. This is by far one of the best brushes I have tried- and even though many prefer it for smudging eyeshadow on the lower lashline, I absolutely adore this for crease work. Since purchasing this, I have not reached for my MAC 217, 224 or Quo crease brush. The 219 has replaced them all. I initially purchased this for smudging colors onto my lower lashline, but I prefer my MAC 266 for that, as I find I have more control. One day, I decided to try this for my crease becuase the tip is so precise- and sure enough, this packed color perfect onto the crease while defining and creating shape, AND blending! ..... since then, this is all I use for crease work. I find the bristles pick up eyeshadow pigments extremly well and pack the color on more vibrantly then a fluffy brush. This brush is also great for picking up MAC solar bits (little crushed pigment clusters) and distribute them on the lower lashline without any fall-out. even though this cost me $29.50 CAD, it was so worth it. Everyone needs this brush in thier collection :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Vannbaby

So my dog recently, got a hold of my make up brushes and tore up all my blending brushes except for my MAC pencil brush. I loved this brush when i got it, but now i am utterly in looovee with this brush. I dont have a average size lid space and i love how i can awesome this brush blends. I can create smokey eyes still with this brush. It is my favorite brush out of all I've ever had!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

My favourite brush! I have asian eyes so if I get a regular crease brush, it will be too big. this brush is the perfect size to smudge colour right into my crease because this brush is puny and has a pointed end. It is very dense so it distributes a lot of colour as well as smudging. Love this brush for applying darker colours into my crease for a smokey look! I washed this brush once and no shedding at all! I can't say how much I am loving thissss :)
This brush costed me $34 which can be quite a lot but considering how I can never find a good crease brush for me, I dont mind splurging a tad for an amazing crease brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by daftglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is my dream come true for smudging and blending liner with shadow. It's PERFECT. There's nothing more to say about that -- it's totally awesome.

That said, if you do NOT do a lot of lining-then-adding-shadow-right-next-to-it, then you could theoretically do without this. Just smudge with something else. But I've found this is the perfect way to add a sharp, dark bit of color into the outer part of my crease (it's dense so it applies a good concentration with each patting in of color) so... it just depends on your needs. Me? I LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I finally bought this brush and I see what the hype is about - moreso than with the 217, which is easily duped and not that big a deal.

I've tried so many things to get a precise yet softly smudged look on my lower lash line using shadow as a liner. This brush is the only thing that can do this all by itself. To get this look using shadow I used to have to use a combination of an angled brush, lip brush, and a sponge tip, or fingers.

Very dense and soft, no shedding. It seems like the "point" of the pencil will hold up well and I'll update after a while (like, a year or so of near-daily use) about that.

This is one of the few MAC brushes that's truly worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

#219 and #217 are my HG brushes for the eye area. #219 is the ultimate precision brush in my opinion, perfect for lining lower lash line, depositing colour and creating really stunning smokey looks. Also it is great for blending colours on the crease for women with smaller eyes (for women with bigger eyes #217 works much better). Costs 19Euro and it is a must-have for any serious brush collector.