April 16, 2014 | 1570 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This brush is heaven sent. This is by far one of the best brushes I have tried- and even though many prefer it for smudging eyeshadow on the lower lashline, I absolutely adore this for crease work. Since purchasing this, I have not reached for my MAC 217, 224 or Quo crease brush. The 219 has replaced them all. I initially purchased this for smudging colors onto my lower lashline, but I prefer my MAC 266 for that, as I find I have more control. One day, I decided to try this for my crease becuase the tip is so precise- and sure enough, this packed color perfect onto the crease while defining and creating shape, AND blending! ..... since then, this is all I use for crease work. I find the bristles pick up eyeshadow pigments extremly well and pack the color on more vibrantly then a fluffy brush. This brush is also great for picking up MAC solar bits (little crushed pigment clusters) and distribute them on the lower lashline without any fall-out. even though this cost me $29.50 CAD, it was so worth it. Everyone needs this brush in thier collection :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Vannbaby

So my dog recently, got a hold of my make up brushes and tore up all my blending brushes except for my MAC pencil brush. I loved this brush when i got it, but now i am utterly in looovee with this brush. I dont have a average size lid space and i love how i can awesome this brush blends. I can create smokey eyes still with this brush. It is my favorite brush out of all I've ever had!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

My favourite brush! I have asian eyes so if I get a regular crease brush, it will be too big. this brush is the perfect size to smudge colour right into my crease because this brush is puny and has a pointed end. It is very dense so it distributes a lot of colour as well as smudging. Love this brush for applying darker colours into my crease for a smokey look! I washed this brush once and no shedding at all! I can't say how much I am loving thissss :)
This brush costed me $34 which can be quite a lot but considering how I can never find a good crease brush for me, I dont mind splurging a tad for an amazing crease brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by daftglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is my dream come true for smudging and blending liner with shadow. It's PERFECT. There's nothing more to say about that -- it's totally awesome.

That said, if you do NOT do a lot of lining-then-adding-shadow-right-next-to-it, then you could theoretically do without this. Just smudge with something else. But I've found this is the perfect way to add a sharp, dark bit of color into the outer part of my crease (it's dense so it applies a good concentration with each patting in of color) so... it just depends on your needs. Me? I LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I finally bought this brush and I see what the hype is about - moreso than with the 217, which is easily duped and not that big a deal.

I've tried so many things to get a precise yet softly smudged look on my lower lash line using shadow as a liner. This brush is the only thing that can do this all by itself. To get this look using shadow I used to have to use a combination of an angled brush, lip brush, and a sponge tip, or fingers.

Very dense and soft, no shedding. It seems like the "point" of the pencil will hold up well and I'll update after a while (like, a year or so of near-daily use) about that.

This is one of the few MAC brushes that's truly worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by iliana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

#219 and #217 are my HG brushes for the eye area. #219 is the ultimate precision brush in my opinion, perfect for lining lower lash line, depositing colour and creating really stunning smokey looks. Also it is great for blending colours on the crease for women with smaller eyes (for women with bigger eyes #217 works much better). Costs 19Euro and it is a must-have for any serious brush collector.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by goldmine4545

I have the old pencil brush and it's great and gives a lovely smokey look. However, this brush I just bought yesterday has hard hairs and does not give the beautiful smokey look on the bottom of the lashes.

Very disappointed. So back it goes. I get a better look with the sephora smudge brush for a few dollars. They obviously changed the hairs in this brush as well as the style a little. The first brush I got was all bent. The second one is very pointy. I noticed they are not consistent. But they were both consistent in that they did not smudge properly. Going back!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

ALL PROS: Works SO well as a dense color depositer. I use this for my H/L colors for small spaces. It's also used to create a smoky eye/smudger.

ALTERNATES: Bobbi Brown has a version of this that is a bit softer and has a bit larger tip that is a little less precise. It's called the Eye Smudge Brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The 219 was my first MAC brush and definitely my favorite!! I bought for the purpose of smudging shadow into my lower lash line (I didn't have a brush capable of doing that). However, I use it for so much more than that! I love it for highlighting the inner corners of my eyes, highlighting the brow bone, and especially for applying color to the crease and outer V. I have pretty small eyes and the 217 is too big for applying dark colors (I do use it for lighter colors when I want a natural crease color just for contouring). The 219 is the perfect size and applies the color perfectly. This brush is essential for smokey eyes, in my opinion, and I will never be without it! Eventually I will be getting a second one!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this brush but I don't really need it.
It's helpful when trying to highlight the inner rim of the eyes, but I never use it for smudging out eyeliner. I prefer using a sponge tip.
It's a brush I could've lived without.