November 26, 2014 | 1629 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush after seeing Pixiwoo use it in a youtube tutorial to do a Barbara Streisand smokey eye. I am not disappointed!

You can use this brush for so many things- smudging a darker shade into the outer corner or crease, placing colour along the lashline, or smudging pencil eyeliner for that Kate Moss look. It is a cinch to use, so easy to control and the bristles are of a lovely density- stiff enough to place colour accurately, but soft enough to blend/ smudge also.

This is a must have for me now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

This is a good brush to smudge eyeliner and shadows ;) it's stiff enough to ally to the outer > ! love prob won't buy again cause I bought 3 of these ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by saffysmom

I love this, as it's so precise and you can use it on your eyes to define, or just smudge the eyeshadow. Pricey but worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love love love this brush, although the price was steep for it, I know I will have it for a very long time. I adore it and it is one of those purchases Im not regretting so far. I use it almost daily since buying it from maccosmetics.com

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

Great pencil brush, and much more than that. First off, it smudges pencil easily and beautifully. Gives you that smoked out effect but in a very neat and stuctured way - doesn't look like you just smeared the color all over with your fingers. Works on bare skin, or just over a base, or over multiple colors layered on top of each other. What it's also very good at, is getting at those smaller areas of the eye with precision: This is pretty much the only brush I'll use for highlighting my inner corner, and sometimes even the arch of my brow. Equally, it works just as well for defining the eye with darker colors, say you want a crease/bottom lashline/outer V that's a little sharper than usual, or you just happen to have a smaller crease/outer V area in general so you find that regular-sized blending brushes don't exactly do the trick for you. Go for this one. It packs on color nicely, and acts both as a mini "applier" and "blender" at the same time. Lovely, versatile brush. Would repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by serenechew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a really surprising brush! It looks so small that I thought, what can it possibly do? Lots, actually. I use it mainly for highlighting but it can competently achieve many types of usage, with ease. The price is expensive but it is value for money in how it makes doing makeup easier and more polished. Definitely recommend you to get this after you get your eyeshadow and eyeliner brush. Its usage is not easily duplicated by those two brushes, thus you don't need to worry about wasting money on something extra that you don't really need. A definite rebuy although I hope mine can last for years!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me tell you why you need this brush. Yes you can smudge/apply colors along your lash line with it. I have hooded eyes. They aren't that big either. When I blend with my 217 on the crease it sort of undoes any lid color... turning everything into my crease color. Now the 219 is precise. I can make an "Outer V" perfectly. I can't place color exactly where i want and blend it without ruining the color on the rest of my eye. It is perfect for application for the crease.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This brush is heaven sent. This is by far one of the best brushes I have tried- and even though many prefer it for smudging eyeshadow on the lower lashline, I absolutely adore this for crease work. Since purchasing this, I have not reached for my MAC 217, 224 or Quo crease brush. The 219 has replaced them all. I initially purchased this for smudging colors onto my lower lashline, but I prefer my MAC 266 for that, as I find I have more control. One day, I decided to try this for my crease becuase the tip is so precise- and sure enough, this packed color perfect onto the crease while defining and creating shape, AND blending! ..... since then, this is all I use for crease work. I find the bristles pick up eyeshadow pigments extremly well and pack the color on more vibrantly then a fluffy brush. This brush is also great for picking up MAC solar bits (little crushed pigment clusters) and distribute them on the lower lashline without any fall-out. even though this cost me $29.50 CAD, it was so worth it. Everyone needs this brush in thier collection :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Vannbaby

So my dog recently, got a hold of my make up brushes and tore up all my blending brushes except for my MAC pencil brush. I loved this brush when i got it, but now i am utterly in looovee with this brush. I dont have a average size lid space and i love how i can awesome this brush blends. I can create smokey eyes still with this brush. It is my favorite brush out of all I've ever had!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

My favourite brush! I have asian eyes so if I get a regular crease brush, it will be too big. this brush is the perfect size to smudge colour right into my crease because this brush is puny and has a pointed end. It is very dense so it distributes a lot of colour as well as smudging. Love this brush for applying darker colours into my crease for a smokey look! I washed this brush once and no shedding at all! I can't say how much I am loving thissss :)
This brush costed me $34 which can be quite a lot but considering how I can never find a good crease brush for me, I dont mind splurging a tad for an amazing crease brush