MD Forte Facial Cleanser II

4.5

Active Ingredients: 15% Glycolic Compound (a PH-balanced Mixture Of Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Glycolate, Purified Water And Higher-molecular-weight Oligomers Of Glycolic Acid). Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Ammonium Glycolate, Glycolic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 6/5/2005 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for about 4 years since my dermatologist recommended it. But the site I have ordering from sent me an email saying that MD Forte will only be available directly from the MD Forte site from now on. Anyone else hear about this? If they up the price I don't know if I'll use it anymore! Has anyone else tried a similar product? Thanks!

on 6/3/2005 3:28:00 AM

I am a huge fan of the MD Forte line. I just graduated to the Facial Cleanser II from the Facial Cleanser I. This stuff makes my skin radiant! I have nothing but great things to say about this line.
With the glycolic acid in this prod, sunscreen is a must. Newbies start with Facial Cleanser I.
Not so sure it would be good for people with ultra sensitive skin.

on 5/27/2005 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This stuff burns but it really works. This is as good as getting a peel daily. It is an absolute must that users wear sunscreen. i was on Accutane, Retin-A, antibiotics, etc. and find that this in conjuction with Skinceuticals retinol work wonders at keeping my skin clear. I'm still greasy but clear.

on 5/4/2005 11:40:00 PM

There are more and more good cleansers out there, but this one has been around forever and stood its ground. This is one product that delivers clean, clear skin, and preps it for treatment products to follow. Gently, yet effectively exfoliating. Nice.

on 4/9/2005 12:38:00 PM

Love this product. Keeps my face clear. I apply and leave it on to soak in for a couple of minutes before rinsing so i can get some benefit from the glycolic acid, otherwise it just gets rinsed off and does nothing. I have learned however to use something else to remove eye makeup as this can be too irritating and drying for that area.

on 4/6/2005 4:16:00 PM

absolute;y love this product. i ve had acne off and on for years since i was growing up and this cleanser as well as this line ( i use everything, especially the cream II)and it has done wonders in clearing up my skin. i massage it in well at night, after using a oil cleanser to remove me makeup, and take it off with a warm wash cloth. then i apply the II cream and my skin has been beautiful and clear.

on 4/3/2005 2:53:00 PM

I have been using this brand of cleanser for almost ten years. I have sensitive skin, and all other cleansers leave my skin so tight you could do a drum roll on my face. I love this cleanser because it does its job without the uncomfortable dryness. It is not a miracle worker, but it is a very high quality product.

on 3/5/2005 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Nice cleanser, though I like to rinse with a washcloth because it has a residue to it. Without a washcloth my pores start getting clogged. Remove makeup before you use this. It doesn't remove my makeup very well. I actually like aquaglycolic's cleanser better because it leaves a little less residue. The higher acid content and lower pH in the MD Forte didn't make as much difference as I though it would...just stung a little more for me! But don't get me wrong, it's a nice cleanser! I wouldn't mind using it again.

on 3/2/2005 3:08:00 PM

It's only cleanser, how much can I expect from a cleanser? I need something to take off my makeup and freshen my skin and don't ask for more than that. WELL, this product has changed my mind! I tried it on a whim and after 3 days my skin is super soft, clear as a bell and is glowing! I'm going to try other products by MD Forte because I think these people are geniuses!!

on 2/26/2005 9:19:00 PM

So far, so good! I've been using this product for about three weeks and I'm starting to see fewer breakouts. I have somewhat oily, breakout-prone skin, and wanted a cleanser that would exfoliate and reduce breakouts without being too harsh. My skin felt smoother after the first use, and I think it is making my skin tone look more even. I alternate with Eucerin foaming cleanser so as not to overdo it with the glycolic acid.