Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

This makeup was like the first time I could find a makeup that actually matched my skin and didn't make me look too pink or too orange. I got this a while ago, in 725 buff beige, and tried it again today and still matches me. (I had recently bought some clinique makeup, and went to the store to have them match my skin, and it was way too pink when I tried it on at home( shade 01 alabaster (VF-N), and really too dewy for my oily skin.) Oh, and since I have oily skin, I mainly only use this in winter, because the dry air makes my skin so dry. (I use dream matte mouse in summer (gets rid of the shine) when i'm a bit tanner in Nude light 4.) But I love it, it applies well with fingertips, blends nicely and has just enough coverage for my face (acne scars). :)

I love this foundation! I will say that if you are looking for something with more coverage, this is not for you. I have very dry skin and this foundation feels great on my skin.

When I first tried this foundation I didn't care for it because I applied it with a damp sponge and it was very hard to distribute and looked splotchy on my skin. But today I applied it with my fingers and it made a world of difference!! I love that it leaves my skin looking dewy and glowy. I'm not sure if this will break me out, I'm really hoping it doesn't.***** :EDIT:***** I love the way this looks on me and the color is perfect but there's one BIG problem I have with this foundation. I can't stand the way it feels on my face!! It's so heavy and tacky!! I've tried everything to make it work, I've tried applying it in different ways, with and with out moisturizer underneath but still felt sticky. I'm just so bummed It really did have a goregous finish. I think I'm just about ready to give up on drugstore foundations :-/

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings, but bad is more in the mix than good.

I am fortunate enough to have pretty nice skin. Sometimes a little uneven in tone, but mostly, no break outs, smooth, nice skin. I thought I could use a little coverage every now and again, and if it can moisturize my dry skin at the same time.....SCORE!

Well, I was let down. Here are the pros and cons

PRO:
It provides me with just enough coverage to look like I'm not wearing make up but have even better skin! Yay!
It's light.
It's cheap
When I'm running around and sweaty, this reduces the red glow on my face.
CON:
Difficult to apply evenly
Doesn't moisturize
If my skin is a little dry that day, this makes it look worst!
I got a pimple the first day I wore it. (usually not a coincidence)
Makes my face feel sticky, so I feel compelled to wear a powder.

Ok. I'm use to going out bare skinned. I'm more opened to the idea of a very light moisturizer with some coverage, but not this one. Not again.

Loved it at first; it went on smooth and packaging was easy to use, but it broke me out. Not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the packaging for this but it didn't give me great coverage. I did like the consistency and creamy lightweight feel but i have serious acne and scarring so without a serious concealer this would never work for me, ill keep it in the back of my makeup drawer for emergencies =)

I've been on another perfect foundation hunt and this is the best that I have found. I recently tried Lancome photogenic and teint ideal?? or something like that. I also tried Elizabeth Arden Plump Perfect 42$ creme and Maybelline Fit liquid. This is better than them all.

I have no idea why anyone thinks it's minimum coverage or runny. I thought the consistency was great. Enough coverage that you may not need concealer without looking like a cakey mess. I found the coverage to be a perfect level.

It's a bit matte for my taste, but the maybelline fit that I just tried was a bit too dewey. If I add a blush or illuminizer or other product with a bit of sheen this will be perfect.

It was 5.99 at Target! I also love that it comes in a small plastic tube, totally portable. A glass jar/pump is pretty on the vanity table, but not easy to throw in your bag.

Love this stuff. Try it!

I bought this at walmart for 8.97 which is an okay price.

PROS
*medium coverage which I love **not heavy at all
***very smooth and I can definetly feel when I'm not wearing this
****great packaging
*****little goes a lonnnnnng way since this is on the liquidy side.

CONS
*can get cakey
**when getting a shade on the yellow tone it can oxidize :/
***says that it last a long time but starts to fade within 3-4 hours and completely gone in 6-7 hours even on my very dry skin but I can live with that
****probably not good at all on oily skin I recommend this to people with normal to dry skin since its very moisturizing.

Overall I lovvvvvveeee this product! Its my everyday foundation and I have repurchased 3 times and I adore the finish! :D

I like this stuff a lot. I hate wearing heavy liquid foundations. My skin is pretty clear but it's a bit uneven, so I was pretty happy when I tried this and found it to even out my skin tone a bit. It's not full coverage by any means, but I don't really need that so I'm content (at least till I have a horrible break out) I like how I can't feel it after I've put it on too. Will definitly repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I accidently confused this as the Cover Girl tinted moisturizer until I realized at home it was a foundation. It's actually really nice. You should definitely use this if you don't have a lot of blemishes because it's a sheer coverage. When I applied it, I thought it left a pink undertone but I guess after it set in it looks pretty flawless! I definitely will buy this again!