October 25, 2014 | 1900 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by spilledmilk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It's inexpensive and it works. It takes off all my eye makeup- foundation, primer, shadows, liner, mascara, the whole she-bang. It doesn't sting my eyes and it's oil-free so there's no film-y residue. What more do you need?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by LaFilleBouclee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a drug store alternative to Mary Kay's oil free eye makeup remover (which is actually really good). This was on sale at Walgreens so I decided to give it a try. I was drawn to it because it claimed to be gentle & remove waterproof makeup. This makeup remover is a SHAM! It barely removed my eyeshadow. It did nothing for my eyeliner (waterproof liquid on upper lash line, standard pencil on lower waterline). I almost thought I heard my waterproof mascara LAUGHING at this stuff! The amount of scrubbing I had to do was alarming, and I lost a few eyelashes in the process (not cool). This remover might be good for someone who uses shadow on the lid only...no primer, base, liner, mascara, or anything else. But for me, epic fail!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by M1RACLE

This product can not remove waterproof make-up like my CoverGirl LashBlast or Great Lash mascara. It does a pretty good job at non-waterproof eye makeup. This remover doesn't sting my eyes and it's quite cheap at the drugstore. However, since I wear waterproof mascaras, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by eheh

In Canada, you can catch the sales at Rexall for $3.99!

This is GREAT, does not sting at all. Not oily at all. The bottle is great as the opening fits a q-tip perfectly!

However, the bottle says Waterproof, but it cannot remove Covergirl LashBlast Waterproof or Maybelline Falsies Waterproof. For waterproof, I would go with the Neutrogena Eye makeup Remover that uses silicone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Thugluvgrl187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product for taking off face makeup. When it comes to eye makeup though it is not very good at taking it off.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally love everything Rimmel, but this stuff is awful! I couldn't get out to Target this week to get my normal $3 Up&Up (generic brand) makeup remover, so I went with the Rimmel I could get at Rite Aid and this is the worst makeup remover I've ever tried. I've never had a makeup remover irritate my eyes and I was shocked at how badly this burned. I wear contact lenses and I couldn't even wear them the following morning because my eyes were still stinging and red. I couldn't believe it. And to make matters worse, it couldn't even remove my Black Drama Falsies mascara (it was a little better with my L'Oreal Voluminous). As much as I love Rimmel and will continue to buy their other products, I will never ever buy this again :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Starae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I can't comment on how it removes waterproof mascara, as I have none, but it works like a charm on my toughest mascara.
I use a cotton ball and press it and hold for a few seconds, and then wipe it off. It takes a few wipes for heavier mascara.

Packaging is ok, nothing fancy. Doesn't smell like anything and it's oil free.
I would definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by socialbutterfly221

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this makeup remover doesn't sting and takes of all my eye makeup even my waterproof mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by littleshelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good product at a great price. Even better than a comparable Clinique EMR, which was much more expensive and made my eyes burn. This did not burn or irritate my eyes and removed waterproof mascara and eyeliner well. Just make sure you moisturize well afterwards. Will definitely buy again. UPDATE 3.22.11--this product removes emu well except for those really stubborn eyeliners & mascaras. For that I use Clinique "take the day off BALM" (not the liquid--it burns!) but the balm is the best & it's gentle.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Janina5309

I have been using this for years, but after using a friend's $4 make-up remover (forgot the name), I realize now what crap this is.
It does sting the eye a bit, if you put it right in there. It's hard not to when doing the lower lashes.
It takes forever to get off all of my mascara and it's not even waterproof, and there is always some left over, so when I wash my face I get racoon eyes and have to use this AGAIN to get the rest off.
I also feel like I have to use a lot to get anywhere.