Maybelline Shine Free Pressed Powder

3.6

Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Silica Silylate, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 9/4/2009 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've bought this product for the past four or five months, and so far, it's been working for me. My skin is pretty oily, and using this over my makeup helps to set it and prevent the oilies from breaking through. I do need to reapply it during the day, though. Overall, I'm not in love with it, but it will have to do for now.

on 8/4/2009 4:56:00 PM

This has always been my favorite compact powder. It really helps keep my face non-shiny. I always have oily skin and this one helps control the oil.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Overall, I like this powder because it doesn't oxidize and change colors on me. I use the lightest shade, Ivory, which looks a bit too Goth when I first apply, but seems to "set" into just the right shade for me. I am fair with yellow undertones, and a lot of drugstore powders are too pink or peach.

I do agree that the texture is chalky, and takes some "work" to make it look right (that's why I took off 2 lippies). I have oily skin but still need a moisturizer under this powder if it's going to look decent. I also take the time to apply 2 or 3 thin "coats" of powder to my face, rather that patting on a huge amount at one time, and I apply the powder first so that the initial chalky appearance settles in as I apply my other makeup. When I take the time to do this, Shine Free is a very effective mattifier and looks undetectable. But in my book, you should be able to pat on your powder and go without a short period of looking like a ghost!

on 2/2/2009 6:02:00 PM

Great powder I usd it when I wa sin 7th grade when I had horrible acne and oily skin it covered up some acne and looked natural while controling shine. But it didnt control it for long and I ran out of it very quickly. I give it 3 lippies. would I buy again no. I have my HG MAC blot powder now.

on 1/25/2009 1:50:00 PM

its a great basic powder..i dont use foundation and this keeps the shine away..have to retouch now and then but it doesnt feel cakey and it is very smooth..the best thing about this powder is that it doesnt break me out! :)

on 10/26/2008 10:20:00 PM

The texture is very smooth and it blends right into the skin. It mattifies without looking cakey BUT it doesn't last long and I ended up shiny again quickly. It would probably be a good powder for people with less oily skin though.

on 8/21/2008 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This powder does exactly what it says, controlls shine. It doesn't last long, and doesn't provide any coverage (exept to hide shine).

this was my first powder I ever had when I was younger and it did keep my oilshine at bay it also covered some of my mild acne with out being cakey. but it did smell funny and soon the pwder got way tooooo dry and dried out my skin so I gave it a lippie of 3

on 7/9/2008 6:57:00 PM

Best powder i have ever used. I bought this at Walmart for only $4.87, i was very excited to try it on soas soon as i got into my car i slapped some on. And i was AMAZED it got rid of the shine right away. It blended with my skin tone very nicely and it looked like i had no makeup on at all, it was smooth and didnt have a funny makeup smell like cover girls powders. I use it over some tinted moisterizer and reaply it during the day when it gets too oily. I love this stuff, it's wonderful. The only reason i gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 was because maybelline tests their products on animals. =)

on 6/28/2008 10:43:00 PM

If this powder held up longer on my skin, I'd love it. I have this in the lightest shade, which really is translucent on my skin (nice to finally find something). This can be worn with our without foundation underneath, but I normally wear under my Trublend whipped mousse. I find that it does alright at controlling oil but then it disappears after about an hour! I apply this with a brush rather than with the puff included, and I find that the product gets all over the case and mirror. Other than those two points, I find this to be an average powder that is very minimal when worn alone, and decent when worn over foundation.