July 29, 2014 | 2001 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

The texture is very smooth and it blends right into the skin. It mattifies without looking cakey BUT it doesn't last long and I ended up shiny again quickly. It would probably be a good powder for people with less oily skin though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This powder does exactly what it says, controlls shine. It doesn't last long, and doesn't provide any coverage (exept to hide shine).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by darkerheartx134

this was my first powder I ever had when I was younger and it did keep my oilshine at bay it also covered some of my mild acne with out being cakey. but it did smell funny and soon the pwder got way tooooo dry and dried out my skin so I gave it a lippie of 3

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by gogo462

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best powder i have ever used. I bought this at Walmart for only $4.87, i was very excited to try it on soas soon as i got into my car i slapped some on. And i was AMAZED it got rid of the shine right away. It blended with my skin tone very nicely and it looked like i had no makeup on at all, it was smooth and didnt have a funny makeup smell like cover girls powders. I use it over some tinted moisterizer and reaply it during the day when it gets too oily. I love this stuff, it's wonderful. The only reason i gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 was because maybelline tests their products on animals. =)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by met451

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If this powder held up longer on my skin, I'd love it. I have this in the lightest shade, which really is translucent on my skin (nice to finally find something). This can be worn with our without foundation underneath, but I normally wear under my Trublend whipped mousse. I find that it does alright at controlling oil but then it disappears after about an hour! I apply this with a brush rather than with the puff included, and I find that the product gets all over the case and mirror. Other than those two points, I find this to be an average powder that is very minimal when worn alone, and decent when worn over foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2008 3:43:00 AM More reviews by beautifulasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is ugly looking packaging but if the ontent is good i am usually satisfied. Yes this product helps control shine but it has very opaque finish and very far from being sheer. Also it feels heavy on my skin and this product does not go on smooth nor make lovely skin. The light shade was a bit light for my skin (ivory) the next shade was too dark for me. Besides, the puff is very cheap quality and while i fix my makeup this puff keeps sliding off the product and ruined some of my clothes. The product itself seems grainy and rough and not finely milled. This product feels very similar to "clinique stay matte pressed powder" I wont buy this again. My friend has recommended this to me but she likes to wear heavy makeup. I dont want noticeable makeup. The only good thing about this product is this did not break me out

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by bellamoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product hoping it would be as good as other Maybelline powders I have tried in the past (and since the store didn't have my usual Dream Matte Powder). Well, let me break it down for you:

Pros:
*It definitely kept my face from shinning.
*The compact was really compact.
Cons:
*The "Shine Control" is limited to the powders horrible lasting abilities (like one hour)
*It caused dry skin to appear like flakes all over my face.
*It has a very heavy feel to it
*The powder gets oily spots all over it from the applicator (I have never seen this happen before)

In short- it sucks really bad. I will not buy it again, and I will immediately return to using Maybelline Dream Matte Powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by xcakexfacex

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this to help control my shine. It works better than ones not just for shine, but I had no coverage! You could see the things that my other powder hid :( I also had to reapply throughout the day. This did not give me a "cake face" but it was annoying to have to reapply so many times. I gave up on this stuff and switched back to my old stuff. I am still looking for a good shine control powder that covers. I'll go to one of those makeup counters and ask. I hope that they can give me something good.

I would recomend this to someone without very shiny skin and that didn't have too much to cover up.

EDIT: I HATE this! After only an hour, my skin is shiny! I had to switch back to this because I dropped my other compact and I don't have enough money to repurchase the stuff that I sort of like. I'm still looking for my HG, or something remotely close to it, and this certainly is not it. I knocked off 2 lipsticks. It makes me so mad that a company can say that it is "shine free" when it only lasts for an hour.

If it is ever on sale, then I think that you should try it. Some people like it, but I am not one of them. Maybelline has disappointed me here-I think that other products from them are really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 3:43:00 AM More reviews by ilovejforce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm afraid to say good things about this only because I'm a jinx on myself. LoL. Usually when I end up loving something and saying it out loud, something happens where I end up hating it, so I hope that doesn't happen. he he. Anyway, I love this powder--and this is coming from someone who's NEVER bought powder because I never thought I needed it and thought it would make me look chalky, pasty, and feel gross. But this powder doesn't do any of that. I was pleasantly surprised. I have acne-prone skin and this hasn't broken me out. My skin is very oily as well where I've been blotting up to 4 or 5 times throughout the day, and since using this 3 days ago, I haven't used one blotting paper! The very first day I used it, my boyfriend couldn't stop saying how sexy I looked--granted I don't know if it was the clothes I was wearing cuz he commented on that, but my makeup was lookin real good if I must say so myself. ha ha. I bought this in Soft Cameo, although I think I could have bought it in Natural Beige or even Golden, but foundation usually oxidizes a bit on me as the day passes so I wanted to be safe and buy a color a little lighter than I would usually wear. And even then, it doesn't look chalky, as long as you have a light hand with it. A little goes a long way with this powder. Using this made me realize that all my pictures could have looked a lot better without my oily face shining back at the camera! It set my makeup wonderfully, keeps the oilies away, and just looks real fresh. Definitely will be buying again!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Goldie_Loks

I really like this powder, in fact, it's the only drugstore powder I have found that controls oil, doesn't cake up, and just blends right into the skin. It's so hard to find a powder that doesn't alter your foundation color or overly-dry your skin. I use this in "Cameo", and I have light-medium tanned skin, and it doesn't make me look pale, it just absorbs the oil from my VERY oily t-zone, and leaves my skin looking fresh and clean! This works great over the Dream Matte Mousse for oil control throughout the day.