March 2, 2015 | 2049 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I thought that I had previously reviewed this but realized an oversight on my part. I have been using Ben Nye's banana powder for years as this always helped counteract any unwanted redness from use of Retinol products or atmospheric irritants that wreck havoc on my sensitive skin. Especially redness that was not well covered with light foundations. I have even used this product on its own on days when I didn't feel like applying foundation or tinted moisturizer and still felt the need to do something to counteract redness.

The yellow tint of the banana powder is not for all skin tones and works best with medium tones or like me, those suffering from redness. If you are very fair or very deep toned, Ben Nye has a complete line of Luxury Powders that give the same smooth and pore-less finish in other colors. I will occasionally mix Cameo and Banana together for a less yellow tinged color and still see the smooth finish I desire.

I have learned a couple of different ways to apply, depending on what I wish to accomplish. If I am just setting my make-up for a smooth, pore-less, I will shake a bit in the palm of my hand and take my powder brush and lightly dust across my face. If I am working to reduce redness, I will sprinkle a bit into a velour powder pouf while holding like a taco shell. I will then rub the sides of the pouf together to evenly distribute the powder and then turn the pouf inside out with the powdered side facing my face for application. I gently roll the pouf across my cheeks to push the powder into my face to get heavier application. Once I get the results I desire take my powder brush and gently sweep across the area to dust away any loose powder. This method definitely gives a heavier application for hiding severe redness but if not done correctly can end up looking cakey so be careful and do a little at a time to achieve coverage without going too thick.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been very happy with Ben Nye products. Bana Visage powder has treated me very nicely. The powder itself is very fine and has a pale/yellowish tint. This ensures that your foundation will not be changed and if you need something for under your eyes for your bags, I highly recommend.

A little goes a long ways!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I can't fall in love with this powder. I know it's meant for deeper skin tones than mine, but I thought it might be a nice corrective powder for my under eyes, or for setting foundation that is too pink on me (aka nearly everything from the drugstore). I just find that my concealer under my eyes creases when I use this to set it, and it also clings to any areas of my face that have concealer applied to them, and oxidizes throughout the day. I end up with yellowy looking patches where I've concealed. It does do a great job at getting rid of the redness in my cheeks, but so does just about any powder with a hint of coverage to it. I find that the packaging is also a nightmare to work with.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by underage

So I didn't want to fall onto the bandwagon with this one but I finally gave in and tried it. It's amazing! I had been using the Bare Minerals Well Rested powder but it made my eyes look kind of white. This does not do that. It also makes the under eye area look smoother! I tried it on my mom as well and it had the same effect. I have fair skin but it doesn't look too yellow on me. I also tried it on other areas of my face I had highlighted and it worked great! I don't like the packaging though. It's pretty messy. I also don't like the fact that I can't buy this at a store but other than that it's awesome!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by TheStyleChronicles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are very pale, fair skinned. Try the "Cameo" shade of this powder for the same effect, only not yellow. Banana is yellow toned, so it is great for medium to darker complexions. The "Cameo," shade is more white, pink based so it works better for lighter colors.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ben Nye is famous for it's Banana powder, but the makeup line is designed for theater people who need makeup to last long in bright lights, lots of dancing and singing, bright color payoff, and to just stay put all night. After looking around the site I was so excited to try this product and was SO impressed when I tried it. It is so creamy and blends extremely well, but what really sold me was HOW THIS PRODUCT CAN ERASE ANY TRACE OF OIL AND SHINE ON MY FACE and I freaking looooooove it for that!!! The main ingredient is talc, and if you can remember from chemistry class what talc feels like, then that totally explains why this product works so well because it's so powdery and it just soaks up any oil on your face no problem. OILY WOMEN OF THE WORLD, YOU NEED TO GET THIS PRODUCT RIGHT NOW. This is my go to when I get oily, It's like magic how this works.

BUT my only problem.......

This is very powdery, that's why it works so well with absorbing any and every oil on your face.... but I noticed that when I get close to my face, it leaves a slight "powdery" residue finish where I applied it on my concealer and around my nose, and if I rub that area to try and blend it out with my finger, it smudges kinda bad, and from a distance you can tell it's uneven.

Overall: I little goes a LONG WAY, this stuff is amazing, but be light handed, because this stuff is legit and just a little will do just fine.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my hg powder for setting my undereyes. I find that when I set them with this my concealer barely budge at all which is really awesome because concealer tend to crease on my under eyes. It goes on super smooth and never cakey. Also when used as a face setting powder, it really controls my oil well in the humid weather. I'm shade NC30-35 in MAC and this isn't too yellow for me at all, it suits my skin perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by moosefied

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

its a setting powder with superb brightening effect. my skin looks good. i couldnt ask for more. oil control is also good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Nemezienna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh Ben Nye, what was I doing before you came into my life? LOVE this powder, I usually use it to set my under eye concealer and accentuate anywhere that I may have highlighted on my face (i.e. nose, chin). The powder doesn't crease at all and I have very oily skin but somehow this lasts all day. I bought the 1oz container for under $20 on eBay in June and I have barely scratched the surface. I will definitely by this again when it runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by laraxxoxo

I finally caved in and bought a 1.05 oz bottle of Ben Nye Banana Powder just to check what the hype was about, and boy was I pleasantly surprised by the results!:) I love how it's lightweight and it sets my bb cream/foundation/concealer perfectly.. I have combination skin so I'm pleased that no frequent touch ups are needed for this powder. A couple of my friends have complimented me on how smooth and flawless my makeup looks. I guess this would certainly be an HG powder for me---will repurchase again soon!