The Body Shop Mango Body Butter

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Mango Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Citral, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Citronellol, Annatto

on 4/24/2012 10:09:00 AM

Contains Parabens preservatives.....The Body Shop still hasn't removed them or reformulated it. Even Estee Lauder reformulated all their products to be Paraben Free....No silly cream is worth doubling my chances of breast cancer, especially as it is so easily absorbed into the skin.

on 4/18/2012 10:39:00 AM

This is my favorite scent of the body butters! I LOVE it! It IS a bit greasy but it absorbs after a little while and leaves your skin so soft and yummy smelling all day. I like it in the summer because it makes your skin shine a bit (because its a little greasy, yes) which makes my skin look glowingly healthy. Would not recommend for face though!

on 4/12/2012 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Pros:
- absorbed into skin well enough
- creamy consistency (not too hard)

Cons:
- smells very sweet
- left oily residue
- price

Would not buy this again as this type of body butter is not wearable for me.

on 4/1/2012 9:37:00 PM

Wouldn't go near my face with it but on body, yes. It smells so nice and the moisturising effects are definitely felt. I don't really find it greasy, maybe a bit long to soak in if you use too much, but otherwise, no problem.

on 2/4/2012 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Slightly on the oily side, but amazing for really dry skin. Smells amazing too!

on 1/30/2012 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

It doesn't exactly smell like mango, but at least it doesn't smell bad either. Unfortunately, it was way too greasy for me to use as a body butter. I felt as if I showered myself with oil. But I can see how this could be good for super dry skin and for winter, because it moisturizes so much. I would suggest to use it before bed or only areas that are dry and flaky.

on 1/23/2012 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

TBS Body Butters are great and vary in heaviness. Mango is for dry skin and is quite heavy - but not overly greasy. Smells great, too. Nice for dry knees, ankles and feet. Love it.

Update: 2014 and I still enjoy the Mango Body Butter. There are now a ga-zillian varieties and scents (and thicknesses) to choose from.

on 1/14/2012 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the body shop body butters! This one is one of my favorites, it smells amazing and gives my super dry body skin the moisture it needs. It soaks in pretty fast on me, but if your not pretty dry I can see this being greasy.

This body butter is one of the best body butters... EVER! It smells like mangos and peaches which is awesome because I love both and when fall and winter time comes around and your skin is dry and thirsty, this lotion will fix you right up. It soaks into the skin very nicely and drys up fast. It's not greasy and when you put it on at night and wake up in the morning you will feel sooo soft! This body butter is truely AMAZING and I will continue to by it as long as it's around.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Oh my goodness, you guys. I think I've found my saving grace. I have terrible chicken bumps (Karatosis Pilaris) on the tops of my arms. It doesn't hurt me, however it is aesthetically irritating and displeasing. I wasn't willing to fork out big bucks for medicated creams claiming to get rid of it. Thus, when I stumbled by The Body Shop at my local mall, the SA asked me to spin her "wheel of savings", and I recieved 3 items for $30.00 (They usually go for $18.00 a piece) I went for it and purchased 3 of these. (They smelled the best, not like mangoes, like peaches :3) Little did I know that after 3 days of use my arms are beautifully smooth and the rest of my body is soft, moisturized, glowing, and peach-scented. Hell yeah, I would buy this product again. :D

Top Rated The Body Shop Products