December 20, 2014 | 865 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by svaiko

This is my favorite scent of the body butters! I LOVE it! It IS a bit greasy but it absorbs after a little while and leaves your skin so soft and yummy smelling all day. I like it in the summer because it makes your skin shine a bit (because its a little greasy, yes) which makes my skin look glowingly healthy. Would not recommend for face though!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Romanticide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
- absorbed into skin well enough
- creamy consistency (not too hard)

Cons:
- smells very sweet
- left oily residue
- price

Would not buy this again as this type of body butter is not wearable for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Whiteday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wouldn't go near my face with it but on body, yes. It smells so nice and the moisturising effects are definitely felt. I don't really find it greasy, maybe a bit long to soak in if you use too much, but otherwise, no problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Slightly on the oily side, but amazing for really dry skin. Smells amazing too!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by PetuniaCom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn't exactly smell like mango, but at least it doesn't smell bad either. Unfortunately, it was way too greasy for me to use as a body butter. I felt as if I showered myself with oil. But I can see how this could be good for super dry skin and for winter, because it moisturizes so much. I would suggest to use it before bed or only areas that are dry and flaky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

TBS Body Butters are great and vary in heaviness. Mango is for dry skin and is quite heavy - but not overly greasy. Smells great, too. Nice for dry knees, ankles and feet. Love it.

Update: 2014 and I still enjoy the Mango Body Butter. There are now a ga-zillian varieties and scents (and thicknesses) to choose from.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Andreaedge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the body shop body butters! This one is one of my favorites, it smells amazing and gives my super dry body skin the moisture it needs. It soaks in pretty fast on me, but if your not pretty dry I can see this being greasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Quartersnpaints7

This body butter is one of the best body butters... EVER! It smells like mangos and peaches which is awesome because I love both and when fall and winter time comes around and your skin is dry and thirsty, this lotion will fix you right up. It soaks into the skin very nicely and drys up fast. It's not greasy and when you put it on at night and wake up in the morning you will feel sooo soft! This body butter is truely AMAZING and I will continue to by it as long as it's around.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by intensesodadrinker

Oh my goodness, you guys. I think I've found my saving grace. I have terrible chicken bumps (Karatosis Pilaris) on the tops of my arms. It doesn't hurt me, however it is aesthetically irritating and displeasing. I wasn't willing to fork out big bucks for medicated creams claiming to get rid of it. Thus, when I stumbled by The Body Shop at my local mall, the SA asked me to spin her "wheel of savings", and I recieved 3 items for $30.00 (They usually go for $18.00 a piece) I went for it and purchased 3 of these. (They smelled the best, not like mangoes, like peaches :3) Little did I know that after 3 days of use my arms are beautifully smooth and the rest of my body is soft, moisturized, glowing, and peach-scented. Hell yeah, I would buy this product again. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The mango body butter is one of my favorite body butters from The Body Shop. Unlike some kinds of butter, the mango body butter sinks into the skin a bit faster (it doesn't sink in super fast, this is a body butter after all) than the average butter. At first I didn't think this would perform as well as my beloved cocoa body butter, but I'm happy to report that this works just as well at moisturizing and sinks into the skin faster than the cocoa body butter. My scaly legs just drink this stuff right in and this leaves my skin feeling smooth and nicely scented. I always wait for some kind of sale before picking up a butter so I think the price is not too bad.