MAC Pigment in Old Gold

4.2

on 12/12/2006 1:17:00 PM

I got Old Gold in my Warm piggy dress set for 2006. This is truly a very unique pigment. Read other reviews for colour description, but the closest I could describe this is like that of a butterfly wing or the gold in peacock feathers. I paired it with teal pigment (another awesome shade) and it makes for an awesome peacock look, as other reviewers have said. I think Old Gold will pair well with vibrant colours, as well as smokey shades. It a shade not to be missed out on! It is however rather intense and I could see how it may be overwhelming on someone with a pale complexion. For reference I'm C35, Asian.

on 12/11/2006 11:15:00 AM

The picture (and description) on the MAC site describes this as a gold, however it shows up as "lime green" on my lids. Not at all what I was looking for. I tried to add some BB brown shimmerwash eye shadow, hoping it would tone it down or make it more "gold", but then I ended up with lime green and brown lids. I'm baffled as to why this is called "Old Gold" when the shade is so much more "green"??!! Anyhoo, I'm swapping this one away and continuing my search for a REAL gold pigment.**Update: after reading other reviews, I decided to try this over one of my Prescriptives olive e/s. Muuuuch better now (although I STILL don't understand the "Old Gold" name). I just needed to "play" with it.

on 12/6/2006 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Not crazy about this pigment at all. I bought a sample of Ebay and it does nothing for my dark brown eyes. :o(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this pigment for years, and I don't know what I'd do without it. It goes great with a little pop of pink or plum to give it that extra kick. The color is hard to describe, but it's a gold/green/bronze that looks different every time you move your face. It's extremely versatile, and can be applied lightly for day, and glammed up for night. And it makes my blue/grey eyes look bright blue! The only thing that bothers me about all the pigments is how easily they fall onto your cheeks during application, but when you have colors this beautiful, who cares?

on 9/21/2006 3:19:00 AM

This pigment looks pretty in the container but does not show up the same shade on my lids. In the container looks like a promising Dirty Yellow/Green/Brown shimmery shade but for some reason on me everytime I put this on it leaves a Silver sheen/cast to it. It's very weird and then it wrecks the whole color for me on my lids. It's like all the contributing shades to base of this pigment colors are warm and then the sheen/shimmer is unflattering contrasting Cool Silver. It doesn't quite work for me... maybe it's too busy? Not sure.

on 8/24/2006 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my least favourite Mac pigment, it's truly difficult to describe the shade, it's like a dirty olivish bronze gold, and I can't make it work with any shade of e/s I have, only with Mac Golden Olive pigment. On my brown eyes it looks dirty and it's not compliment my eyes at all, and it's not so pigmented and that's weird for a Mac pigment, because usually they're very pigmented!

on 8/20/2006 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I think Old Gold, a gold pigment with flashes of bright olive green, is a pretty color, just not for someone with my coloring. I am a C3/4, with hazel eyes and brown hair. I already have lots of yellow undertones in my skin, and gold and green flecks in my eyes. When I applied Old Gold, it blended in too much with all the colors on my face. All you could see was yellow and green (and not in a good way). The colors just all looked muddy and clashed. Too bad... I was looking forward to playing around with this pigment, but if you have coloring similar to mine, Old gold may not work for you.

on 8/11/2006 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

There are NO words to describe this color! It's very universal, today I paired it with different shades of gold. It looks very limey, I may try to pair it with chocolate, and blue (butterfly type of look). This like other people have said, it looks like you touched a butterfly's wings, it's quite a odd mixture of copper/lime green/gold.

This makes me look sickly when I use it. I won't buy this again.

continued >>

on 7/14/2006 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous medley of gold, green and brown. Words cannot express my torrid love affair with this pigment. It's even better when applied wet. A must-have, even for owners of pro gold. It's different. Trust me.

on 7/8/2006 10:33:00 PM

I think that htis is a beautiful pigmnt color, whchi is why I am giving it a 4. On me, however, it takes some work to look good. I am a NC 20 and it can make me look somewhat yellow. If I pair it with greens, tthen it works fine, but with browns, I look washed out. It is a very multifaceted pigment with green, gold, and browninsh colors. It is gorgeous wet and used to highlight the eyes.

Top Rated MAC Products