Lancome Cils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 12/22/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am generally of the opinion that mascara primers in particular are a waste of money. However, I got sucked into the amazing reviews for this product on the Sephora website (beware) and caved in to the hype.

That said, I am very happy that I caved in on this one. If anyone was going to make a decent - no make that excellent - mascara primer, then it was going to be Lancome.

Lately I have been using a variety of mascaras in an attempt to use up some free samples that I received, and while all of the mascaras by themselves are not to my liking (hello Bobbi Brown), the Lancome Cils Booster improves every single last one of them. Now I am finally pairing it with my favorite mascara and am thrilled with the results (and the compliments I'm getting). It does add volume and length to all of the mascaras I have tried, even those that tend to have very liquid or thin formulas. Also, the white residue (for lack of a better word - I can't think of anything more appetizing) that the Cils Booster leaves behind disappears rapidly, and provides a nice guide for me as I apply my mascara.

I will happily fork over another $20-odd dollars for this product again. It definitely does the job.

I LOVE this primer !!! I tried the Dior one...and it was a big fail for me. But this one...it is the best by far ! It lenghtens and volumize my lashes and make them so beautiful after I apply any other mascara (drugstore). I very like how it works. Try it !

EDIT: Don't use this anymore. Still a good product but too pricey. I don't think it worth its 35 CAD.

on 11/21/2012 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I would definitely buy this again. I use it under any drug store mascara and it makes it look great. It makes such a difference when you prime your lashes.

on 11/21/2012 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this lash primer! Paints your lashes white and when you apply mascara, it really makes the color deeper and more intense. I use this with my Estee Lauder Sumptuous and love the combo. No flaking or smudging. HG!

on 10/4/2012 8:16:00 AM

It takes a few goes to get the right technique with this! I'm still experimenting with how many layers I should put on and whether to alternate layers of this and a mascara..

I've found that if you give your lashes a good curl with an eyelash curler, brush the Cils Booster on, wait about 30 seconds to a minute and apply your mascara in layers.

The effect? It certainly lengthens my lashes a lot! Not as much as I was hoping for.. But its definatley a great base and I would buy again, it gives that extra BOOST to any mascara.

on 8/28/2012 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Loving this so much! I use my Shiseido curler, this, and top it off with Lancome's Doll Lashes, and I have a quick wearable look for school/work. I can always add more if I need it for nighttime. This adds sooooo much length, it's ridiculous. The separation is also fabulous, and it's a wonderful primer.

One drawback that keeps this at a four rather than a five: I tried this at the same time as Shiseido's mascara base, and while this was the clear winner (so much more length and separation; the Shiseido was clumpier yet gave little length), the Shiseido excelled in the curl. While this did not in any way make my lashes drop, I felt like Shiseido gave me a better curl. However, Doll Lashes helps with curling, so I'm not too bummed about it.

on 8/27/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a product I never knew I needed until I tried it, now I can't live without it! I've never actually bought this, I always seem to get it as a free gift with purchase, but I would buy in a heartbeat. Perfect eyelashes every time.

on 7/13/2012 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This isn't mascara. It's a product you apply before mascara, an undercoat that "boosts" your mascara. I received some as a GWP when I bought more Definicils, my favourite black mascara. (Also see my review for Dr. Hauschka 03 Aubergine mascara.) My, I love it! It definitely adds va-va-voom. I'll definitely re-buy.

on 5/24/2012 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love this! I've tried other primers before (I think I tried the Dior one) and wasn't impressed. I just returned Too Faced False Lashes (not bad, but $50 Canadian...wasn't worth that) and I got the Cils Booster XL instead because I heard good things about it. This, topped with either my Hypnose, Doll Lashes, Maybelline Great Last Lots of Lashes, or Cover Girl Lash Lash Exact, beats the Too Faced False Lashes any day! My lashes look thick, long, and curled, and this primer never makes them look clumpy, which was one thing that I was worried about. I recommend this primer to anyone looking for an extra boost with their normal mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I can't live without this product!!! It makes my lashes super long - total false lash effect. It is a bit of a pain to apply though as you have to really work with it. As well....I have found that if I wait until it it mostly dry before applying mascara - the mascara doesn't go on well at all. It clumps up and looks dreadful. The sooner I can apply mascara after user the Cils Booster...the better.