Shiseido The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover

3.9

on 4/13/2004 4:25:00 AM

I LOVE this product! Originally bought this because I was using Shiseido mascara and no other eye MU removers would remove it...however, this is the GENTLEST eye MU remover I've ever used. Doesn't leave any oily residue and doesn't irritate the eyes at all. It even feels as though this product is moisturising.

The packaging is also very sturdy and practical, however, my only gripe is that it is fairly expensive to buy in Australia, so when low on cash I will use L'Oreal's Gentle Eye MU Remover.

Highly recommended! :)

on 3/25/2004 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Nice scent. Very smooth and soft. Not harsh to the face. More dofficult to remove tough mascara and eyeliner. Perfect for light make-up user.

on 3/15/2004 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Good product but it is expensive. Takes off makeup in several swipes. Smooth and non-irritating. Does not sting sensitive eyes. I have moved onto Origins eye m/u remover Well Off and love that more than this.

on 2/23/2004 3:24:00 PM

this is great. it doesn't leave a greasy residue that is nasty all over my eyes (like the lancome remover) and it works really well. It is gentle and it gets everything off.

on 2/11/2004 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I once used this and kinda liked it, coz I got it for free :) The formula is very gentle and I really liked that it didn't sting my eyes even a bit, and I have a super sensitive eyes .. I never really a beauty savvy and I never wear too much makeup for any occassion, but still for me its removal quality was not really exceptional, it's a bit pricey and I don't think I want to buy this one. I give it 3 lipstick, coz the friendly and gentle formula to the eyes, otherwise a 2 lipstick rate would do just fine.

Finally a Makeup remover that doesn't leave that nasty greasey after feel! I've tried tons of removers, and i find myself rinsing or washing the remover off! Not with Shiseido - Their remover is creamy, does the trick and disappears! NO GREASE!

on 12/3/2003 5:21:00 PM

This remover is quite average, but it does part of the job. Just not on mascara. I wear a lot of mascara, and although not waterproof, it's still a pain to get off. Haven't found this to get mascara off easy or fast. It takes other makeup off well, but so would any other MUR. It takes time and a certain amount of rubbing–not good around the eye area. I have a sample and will not purchase this when I run out. Still looking for the best makeup remover out there-this is not it.

on 11/9/2003 8:44:00 PM

I bought this for my mom. She loves it from the begining. She never uses mascara so this cleanser works for her. For me, however, it is a waste of money and it took sometime before it wipe-off waterproof mascara. I still recommend Bi-facils from Lancome for medium/heavy make-up users.

on 10/26/2003 8:19:00 PM

The BS showed me how to use this product because I was going thru it quickly. I deducted a point because it's not a quick-removing product. To use it correctly, you have to pour a line onto a cotton pad, fold it so you don't end up with all the product in your eye, unfold the pad and place the moistened pad against the lashes. Rock the pad gently and move the pad down and out. Then the product has soaked thru enough that the bottom lashes can be done. Once I got used to doing this, it was ok. It just takes longer than, say, Vaseline. It doesn't burn or irritate, and now that I use less, I like it.

on 10/11/2003 12:54:00 AM

This easily removes my waterproof eye makeup. No greasiness, no irritating film left behind, no stinging eyes! Comes in a big bottle, so it lasts forever, too.