July 22, 2014 | 2088 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Creamy Candy Bubble Bar

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by jrc82

If you love to take bubble baths, then this product is definitely worth trying. I have a jacuzzi tub with a jets, and when I turned them on for a few seconds with this stuff it was INSANE. I honestly could have flooded out my bathroom with just bubbles if I kept it going. If you don't have jets, it makes a decent amount of bubbles as well. However, if you don't use it correctly it's not gonna make much. I cut the bar in half, and with my first use I crumbled it and kind of just threw it in the tub under the running water. This was not the right way to do it, and it showed because there were hardly any bubbles at all (luckily the jets took care of that, but not everyone has jets in their tubs). This time, however, I held the remaining half in my hand under the running water and and firmly massaged it so that it would slowly deteriorate and make bubbles and that worked MUCH better. It takes a little time but it's worth it.
The smell of this particular bar is sweet, but just enough. I didn't find to overpowering at all. I wouldn't say it's like candy really...it's hard to describe. It was nice though.
My only complaints would probably be the price (mine was almost $7) and you get 2 uses. The other...the packaging! I get the whole idea of being "green" and natural, but it's just annoying for storage. It's basically a LUSH paper bag (which they encourage you reuse when you go back).
Again...if you like bubble baths and scents, try these out.
When I bought this a few weeks ago, it was just called "Candy Bar" so maybe they changed the name? Just keep that in mind.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did like the bubbles that this made, and it definitely seemed to make my skin softer after the bath. But the smell is awful - fake, plasticy headache inducing sweet. It doesn't even smell like anything good like vanilla or cotton candy... it's just gross. Blech.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 5:40:00 PM More reviews by NaturalBeauty29

Love it! Sweet candy bath dreams take me away!! Very bubbly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by starburstvixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am a newbie to Lush, and I've got to tell you that I am quite addicted! This scent of this particular bubble bar is so sweet, and girly. My neighbor who is primarily a makeup fiend even liked it. With one pinch of this, created a lot of bubbles for me, and I don't even like a lot of bubbles, just enough to make me satisfied is fine for me. One scent of this, and I am in heaven! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Legs11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells so girly and leaves the bathroom smelling great for days. It makes lovely soft bubbles in the bath and leaves skin smelling of sweets.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Creamy Candy is, in my opinion, a French fancy as it tends to come in smaller sizes than other bubble bar slices. However, don't think for one minute that this reduces its potency or effectiveness at all. This bar may be petite but its delightful aroma punches you hard on the nose and it smells and looks almost good enough to eat.

The bar comes in a lovely shade of shocking pink and is topped off by a vivid blue flower rather like speedwell. This little bar is a stunning visual and olfactory delight and from the moment I released it from it's green and white waxed paper wrapper embossed with the Lush logo my nose was literally assaulted from all sides by a rich, sweet aroma which was a syrupy mixture of sweet, creamy vanilla, freshly spun, sugary candy floss and rich, mellow cocoa tinged with just a hint of rich, succulent almond marzipan and that was just the start.

As soon as I dropped this sweet delight into a bath of hot, running water the sweet, sugary smells exploded and intensified and sent me into sugar filled frenzy, believe me if you want a sugar fix, without the calories then this is what you need. The perfume is heady, warm, intense, comforting and rich but not in the least sickly or overpowering. The bubble bar slice dispersed quickly in the water shading it a delicate shell pink, which surprised me the first time I used this product considering the bright hue of the bar I was expecting the water to turn a more vibrant shade of pink, and was topped off by a sparkling layer of dense creamy foam.

Because of the inclusion of sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar and Cocoa butter relaxing in the fragrant water was a truly decadent feeling. The glittering foam enveloped my body in a silken cocoon, and wallowing in the warm, fragrant pink water I really did feel like a feted Hollywood siren as I reclined, chin deep in my very own Candy Floss bath. Inhaling deeply the rich, sweet smelling perfume, I closed my eyes and returned briefly to the safe haven of my childhood days as the aroma was a heady mix of Fairground Candy Floss, caramel popcorn, creamy milk chocolate, marzipan, and funnily enough Dolly Mixtures.

After an hour or so of floating in my marshmallow haven I reluctantly heaved my pampered body out of the bath but only after the water had cooled to an uncomfortable temperature. I was really impressed with the condition of my skin. The cocoa butter had done its work and left my skin feeling smooth, baby soft and very hydrated; I found there was no need to use a body moisturiser or mousse which I was really pleased about because I didn't want anything to detract from the delicious smell which lingered strongly on my skin for several hours afterwards. I couldn't resist sniffing my arms every few minutes and the urge to eat myself was becoming overwhelming.

Another good point about this bubble bar is that my bathroom retained the rich, warm smell well into the following day which probably explained why I, and everyone else in the household, visited the bathroom a lot more that day.

Lush operate a strict policy and you can rest assured that they will not include one ingredient that has been tested on animals. I find it admirable that they refuse to be compromised in their beliefs and that certain products, such as different sun protection factors or hair gels are off limits until certain ingredient manufacturers change their policies on animal testing. A 100 gm bar of Creamy Candy Bar costs £1.80 which is probably a little steep for one bath but I am happy to pay that little bit extra knowing that no animal has been harmed for the sake of my pleasure.

I really do love this Lush product; not only is it extremely kind to the skin because of the clever inclusion of a generous dollop of cocoa butter but also because I find that mentally it is an invaluable tonic for the times when I'm feeling low in spirit. It has a comforting, feel good factor to it's pungent aroma and I would really recommend you give it a whirl the next time you need a bit of tender loving care…..it's better than comfort food any day of the week….you really will want to eat yourself.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by incendiare

This was my first bubble bar ever. I chose it because I thought that a candy-scented bath product was bizarre, but exciting, and in the store, it smelled so sweet and vanilla-like. When I brought it home and let it settle outside of the bag for a couple of days, I noticed that it started to elicit a plastic note, though. It started to smell a bit fake to me, so I figured that I should use it before it got worse. It made very creamy, wonderful bubbles, however, so it was very relaxing, but the artificial scent was disappointing.

I find this to happen with Rockstar as well. It smells wonderful fresh, like a very pleasant candyish scent, but it also starts to get that plastic scent too. I advise that these products should never be hoarded and should be used as soon as they're purchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by AprilBride07

So far this is my favorite bubble bar slice! The scent is AMAZING, and my husband thinks so too! I'm starting to discover I'm less of a bath bomb girl and more of a bubble bar. Gotta love bubble baths! I can normally get 3 good bubble baths out of one slice, but if I want extra bubbles, then just 2. The water is a pretty pink, and it makes my skin so smooth. I think it's worth the price of $6.85.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Reminds me of the seasonal bubble bar "Candy cane" ! It's a sweet powdery vanilla scent. This bar will last you 2 baths it you use it right!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by GTgirl

I love this thing. I love the scent! I have to admitt that i dont use this as a bubbles for my bathtub. I love the scent so much that after i shower, i used this as a "follow up soap" for the scent. It isnt drying, its pretty moisturizing actually so i bathe with it. It leaves the scent and after i get out of the shower, i powder up with Candy Fluff! powder! YUMMY! i smelll like a walking cotton candy stand, lol.

If im ever out somewhere in the summer i might get attacked by bees...