Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil

4.4

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,Butylene Glycol Diisononanoate,Polyglyceryl-10 diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Octaisononanoate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Behenate, Eicosadioate, Phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/, behenyl dimer dilinoleate, Tocopherol, Stearoyl Inulin, Dextrin palmitate, caprylyl caprylate/caprate.

on 11/2/2010 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

Texture: It's a little thicker than what I expected it to be. After rubbing it onto the face, it doesn't feel a thing and it does make me wonder if it is actually dissolving my makeup.
After cleansing: My face feels softer after using this product, but I'm not too bothered about how it feels because I make it a point to do double cleansing (which is highly recommended)
Ability: I haven't tried removing my eye makeup with it, but I would definitely prefer to use a specific remover meant for eye makeup.
Expiry: FANCL products are known for their "freshness" and like their other products, this has an expiry date. 120 days but I'm sure if you use it everyday, it'll be finished before the expiry date reaches. That said, I like this concept although you'd be spending a bomb if you're a huge fan of FANCL.
Packaging: It's pretty solid.. but I'm guessing plastic is generally solid?(bimbo moment) I dropped it from a higher ground a few times and it's still intact with no cracks/dents or anything like that. When getting the product out, it comes out slowly so you have control over the amount you want. It comes out slowly probably because of the thickness of it, which isn't a bad thing as it saves you wastage. Comes with the little stopper if I remember correctly. I like stoppers! Very convenient if you need to carry it out.

This is the second oil cleanser that I've tried since a lot of reviews said that this product is comparable to Mac's and is THE cheaper alternative. So naturally I bought this product since I could pay lesser bucks, but I'm halfway through this bottle and I'm sad to say that my face condition worsened and I do wonder if it's because my makeup isn't thoroughly removed as nothing in my face or makeup regime is different from before. So I'm going back to Mac's as it did a terrific job in thoroughly removing my makeup despite being a little pricey.

on 9/16/2010 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for a change from my DHC cleanser, so I ordered this. I can't write enough positives about this cleanser. It is fragrance free and is a very light oil. It rinses clean with no traces of sunscreen behind ( my reason for using cleansing oils ). It left my skin feeling super soft to the touch. The DHC does has a slight musky smell ( nothing offensive ) and is a heavier oil, so there is some oil residue left behind. Economically, DHC is a better buy for me, but won't subtract that from Fancl's rating. If possible, I would have given this a 10 rating. I might buy this on occasion, but may have to stick with the DHC for the most part. I highly recommend A+++

on 7/9/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this product!

I have tried many different kind of makeup remover and found cleansing oil is most effective in removing waterproof makeups.
Among all the cleaning oil (e.g. Shu umera, Watson's, DHC), Fancl is the best.

It feels oily when apply to skin, but once you massage to your face, you can feel the makeup is melting away. As soon you wash it with water, you skin would feel soft and refreshed, not greasy at all!

A small quarter pump size is enough for your entire face.

Packaging is sweet, the pump neck comes with a stopper, you can take it to vacation and not to worry about spill out in your luggage.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the mini one which is handy for traveling. It costs me S$17 (US$12) for the 60ml bottle.

- Not as thick as Shu Uemera's
- Removes makeup even waterproof eyeliners and mascara
- Does not cause my skin to break out
- Does not feel "warm" when I massaged it to my skin
- Only need a quarter-size of the product for the whole face
- Free of preservatives, sterilizers, petroleum surfactants, fragrances, mineral oil.
- Must be used within 120 days(4 months) of opening
- Relatively affordable compared to Shu Uemera

Overall, I prefer this to Shu Uemera's. It does its job well and it's reasonably priced.

on 6/19/2010 5:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG cleansing oil so far. I've tried all sorts of cleansing oils, like Shiseido, Kose, Kanebo, etc. as well as vegetable oils such as EVOO. This is superior to all I have tried so far and am on the third bottle. I haven't tried the famous Shu Uemura or DHC (would love to try it in the future though!), but this is excellent - has great slip and just glides across your skin, minimizing skin friction and irritation. It takes everything off! Although this is advertised to take even your eye makeup off, I use a separate eye makeup remover beforehand, and go again over the eye area to remove every trace. Great lip makeup remover too, and I love the fact that it is gentle and preservative-free. Fancl Mild Cleansing oil all the way!

on 5/19/2010 7:59:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I switch from Shu Uemura to Fancl after seeing it's ads in Japanese magazines and on tv.
It's so gentle for the skin. No scents and doesn't stint my eyes.
The only complaint I have is that the bottle seems so small. I can't buy it in Vietnam where I'm currently living so I always have to stock up whenever I go abroad. I hate that there's such a short expiry date. Can't buy too much at one time anyway.

on 4/13/2010 12:14:00 AM

Second review;

After a year of using this cleansing oil, I am still very happy with it. 2 bottles used up and I am gonna buy 4 more in stock when I am in Japan this time... ^.^

First review;

The best cleansing oil ever! I've tried Dermalogica, DHC and they can't beat Fancl. The texture is smooth, no unwanted smell, easy to wash off and it cleans all the make up even waterproof mascara. A trick is to use luke warm water gently massage before wash off.

on 3/18/2010 10:59:00 AM

I love this make up remover. HG HG HG!!! It really takes off everything and does not leave your face feeling greasy which i assumed it would at first since its an oil. surprisingly it left a clean dry feeling. However i still use a mild foam wash afterward before i apply my moisturizer for the night. I'm happy to say that when i'm using my mild wash i dont notice any makeup residue so that means this oil cleans properly. I have combo oily skin and so far this does not break me out. My mom has very dry skin and she loves this too. So i guess its for all skin types.

Pretty amazing product. I know this is supposed to be a fash wash, but I use this as a make up remover, because it doesnt feel clean enough when I just wash my face with this. So I pair it with spectrogel. I absolutely cannot live without this,

**There is an expiration date on this oil! The expiration date is usually located around the bottom or top of the box.

This stuff will take off ALL your make up off your face, even stubborn mascara or eyeliner, this comes off like a charm. Sometimes foundation doenst come off properlly, well this stuff does the trick. So your skin is usually left extremely clean and soft.

I did not get a breakout or anything when i first used it. I am currently on my fourth bottle, and I have nothing but praise for this!

The pump bottle gets a little annoying when you are almost out of the product :P other than that. It is pretty amazing

Look out for other formulas too! The last time i went to purchase it, they had a newer formula that claimed to clean your skin x10 better than the original.

If you are from Toronto and you are completely clueless as to where you can buy it, go to pacific mall!! They should be retailing around $30-$35. So shop around first. There are lots of stores selling this product there. Also BRING CASH!! because they wont charge you tax if you pay by cash.

on 1/17/2010 8:51:00 PM

I was happy about it for a few days and then it broke me out. Took me months for the scars to fade. I guess cleansing oils are just not for me. Every one that I've tried (Fancl, Shu, DHC) broke me out.