Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Talc, Silica, Propylene Glycol, Isododecane, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lemon Extract, Cucumber Extract, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Phenoxylethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Diazolidinyl Urea, Dimethicone Copolylol, Glycerin, Methylparaben, BHT, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauramine Oxide, Disodium Edta, Sodium Citrate, Absorbic Acid, C9-15 Alkyl Phosphate, Peg-75, Peg-150, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, and Ultramarines.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is thick and hard to blend. I have oily skin. But I wash my face and apply oil-free moisturizer before I apply make up, and if it is even the SLIGHTEST bit dry (even after a good moisturizer), this make up will cling to every generally unrecognizable dry patch on your face. Dry doesn't last long on me. Maybe an hour, if that. But this crap made my skin look cakey and flakey. I didn't even want to put on my Makeup Forever finishing powder because it looked so dry. By the end of the day, though, it looked like a shiny caked up mess. I'm throwing this crap in the trash.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

this is my holy grail of foundations. I have super oily skin, and most foundations slide right off my face. This stuff stays on, true to color. I use beige 400. It gives much better performance that the $32 foundations, especially when you consider this is only $13 a tube, and it lasts a good six months for me with every day use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like this foundation! It covers really good, does not enlarge pores and gives a quite matte result.

The only thing is that it sometimes can look a little "too matte"/dry on my skin that is acne-prone and unbalanced in many ways. I also don't use it on all areas... I haven't noticed any brekouts yet...

Recommended! :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I hate foundation & I don't wear it, I wondered how I got suckered into buying an expensive foundation & I wasn't going to... but when the consultant had me try it on it transformed my ruddy skin into the perfectly matching shade of my neck. I don't remember the last foundation I ever used when I was younger that managed to do that so effortlessly. So I had to buy it! (and make myself use it, at least for worthwhile going-out occasions)

Yes it is a bit too cakey on me, so I will cut its opacity with some moisturizer. Perhaps I applied it on too heavily, but as this is a rather thick formula how could I not? All I had was my fingers. A damp sponge may have been better. I tried the tinted moisturizer but it was way too sheer for me. The half-half combination may be a hassle but I think it will be worth it.

I LOVE how this foundation keeps my skin looking powdery matte, fresh, glowy, clean for hours on end. It really does fight shine for 8 hrs as it claims. Though it looks a bit too heavy on my skin up close, it entirely feels weightless on my skin. I can't feel that I'm wearing it at all & I forget that it's on until I look in the mirror & enjoy seeing smooth even-toned skin (albeit somewhat makeup-y lol).

If I manage to make the half-half concoction work out well, I would buy this foundation again. I think the little tube it comes it makes it sanitary to use (& saves space in my makeup bag too).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really don't like this foundation at all i wouldn't recomend this for people with very oily skin acne prone it leaves my skin so cakey and its so not long lasting even though i use an smashbox primer and apply with a damp sponge but what could i expect for the price

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Got this as a gift but it was just okay for me. Coverage is good but it's a little to cakey for me. I used it a few times and mixed it with Clinique moisturizing gel and made my own tinted moisturizer and it looked better.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've used MK for YEARS and this is the very best foundation for my very very oily, acne prone, yellow undertone, 40 year old skin! I've tried MANY foundations... only to look orange, greasy, oily, and broke out! I've tried cheap drugstore brands and expensive high end foundations with NO success. I've tried mineral powders (even MK) but they ALL make me look OlLY and GREASY and break me out! I gave it 4 lippies bc you have to find a rep. to purchase. Hope this helps someone.

I don't really know why I bother to keep searching for another foundation... this one does wonders! I suppose like any other girl you always hope that there's going to be something better. But I gotta tell you, this has so many pros to it that I might as well learn to accept that there's nothing better on the market!

Pros:
-Lasts an entire work day (even overtime!) without budging, looking cakey, needing any touch-ups or somehow fading into a weird color
-Keeps my oily T-zone in check... although let's be honest a handy Clean & Clear oil blotting sheet helps during mid-day heat
-It glides on so smoothly and has this soft powdery feel once you've applied it
-Really light, not super cakey like foundations can tend to be
-DIDN'T MAKE ME BREAK OUT!!!
-Pretty inexpensive
-Travels well
-The color range is pretty amazing... found my color match effortlessly

In short, this is one foundation I will continue to purchase!

I have tried a lot of different liquid foundations before, but this is definitely my favorite! The coverage of this is amazing. And you don't even need to apply much, I don't even use a concealer! Just a few light dabs on my face and blend in. It also comes in a variety of shades, I've never had a foundation match my skin tone so well. It goes on flawless and light weight, and if you apply loose powder over it, it lasts all day.

I don't like the packing too well. Some times too much comes out of the tube, and it gets the tube top messy.

the amount lasts forever. But if you keep the same tube around for too long/way past expiry, the scent turns very stale.

I purchased this a couple of weeks ago. I have oily skin especially in the summer and I love how this controls the oil on my face. It is a bit hard to blend but I really like the finish of this foundation. It does not give me that cakey look, just a nice healthy glow. My face does not get oily as much during mid-day (as compared to when I used other liquid oil free foundations) so that is important to me. And I have not had breakouts. The color is slightly too light for this time of the year but this will be a better color match in the fall. I use Beige 302 and I use MAC NC35 in powder fix, but NC30 in the MAC fluid foundations.