Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 10/2/2014 10:28:00 AM

I really like this product. I get occasional hormone breakouts on my chin and this solves it instantly. It doesn't completely "fix" your entire skin but it works really great for that. It is rather drying on me so I have to moisturize a lot after, and it can be kind of messy, but it is so cheap and works so quickly for those hormone blemishes. I replace this every time I run out.

on 9/29/2014 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this product with high expectations, as this is considered one of the "holy grail" masks. Unfortunately, after about three weeks of using this two to three times a week, it has made essentially no difference to the quality of my skin, and I still get as many (if not more) breakouts. I can't necessarily blame my skin problems on one product, true, but this has proved ineffective for me, even in combination with a whole, raw diet and daily exercise. The price is great and the packaging is fine, but I suppose this just isn't for me. It does smell nice, though!

on 9/28/2014 12:59:00 PM

Disclaimer: I've only used it for two days. I might post another entry after two weeks.

I'm aware that it's recommended for masques to be applied once or twice a week, but given my skin's reputation (i.e. tenaciously oily, large pores, stubborn blackheads, hyper-pigmentation), I decided to apply Julep's masque every night for 45 minutes, as opposed to what's suggested on the package.

However, I primarily use it as a spot-treatment and don't swathe my whole face with it.

As someone who's suffered from trials of acne solutions for over a decade, this product is undoubtedly my best purchase yet.

After two applications, my pores are noticeably smaller, my blackheads appear less prominent, and my pimples diminish significantly every night. Dare I say, I even feel comfortable going out sans makeup!

While I'm still on the look-out for a product that can effectively and permanently eliminate blackheads, I'm immensely satisfied with using this masque as an interim treatment for various trouble-spots.

on 9/26/2014 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Very inexpensive & effective mask. I agree with most of the other posts-great after steaming & really dries active acne or blackheads. Great for clear, oily skin too. Classic! I've been using this mask for over 10 years. I always go back to it.

on 9/26/2014 8:43:00 AM

this is my holy grail breakout mask!!! i apply it on my pimples overnight and tadaaaa it disappears the next morning! its really great for breakouts and pimples. and its really cheap, I'll definitely buy it again!

on 9/25/2014 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Old faithful, everyone and their mama knows about this masque. It works,simple as that.

on 9/23/2014 2:32:00 PM

Really love this mask. Makes me face feel smooth and sucks out all those hard to get black heads! The only thing I dislike is the lingering smell after I wash it off. Overall, excellent mask.

on 9/22/2014 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have been using this masque for about 10 years (I'm 23) and it has never failed me. I have very oily acne prone skin with redness and large pores and the Mint Julep Masque addresses all of this. After cleansing my face, I apply a thin layer all over it and wait about 10 minutes for it to dry and then wipe it off. My skin instantly feels smoother, and it really calms the redness. I have used more expensive higher end masks and I didn't get results as good as this.

on 9/19/2014 6:15:00 PM

Great product and for an amazing price! I would recommend this product to anyone who is in search of clear skin. it works wonders!

on 9/17/2014 4:30:00 PM

This is my favorite face mask ever! It smells amazing, helps soothe skin, fade redness, clear skin and leaves skin glowing after you wash it off! I cleanse my face over the sink, pat dry, apply an even coat of the mint julep face mask over my entire face and neck, wait about 45 minutes, go in the shower and then rinse it off.

Popular Masks