September 1, 2014 | 1597 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've bought this a couple of times, very dependable, sturdy mask! Doesn't make my skin too dry or too oily afterwards. My face seems a little pink when I wash it off, not sure what that is about, maybe it has something to do with the mint? I only took one lippy away because I find the texture to be a little thick, the temporarily redness, and while I am always happy to use this mask I like my mint & lemon mask by freeman beauty more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by vannabugbeauty

I love this mask! It smells amazing and leaves my face feeling soft and smooth. It is awesome at drying up acne. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Christinarhea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this mask for years. I've tried others but always go back. The scent is awesome and it feels nice and tingly. After it dries you can see little oily spots where your large pores are so you know it's drawing out all that gunk from your pres. Will never try another.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by kaylapantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mask! I used it about a year and a half ago from my ex-roommate, and ever since then I found myself still thinking about it. I was just obsessed with the way it left my skin.

A tip for someone using it for the first time: this mask is very strong, but not in a bad way. It really does succeed at unclogging pores and drying pimples etc, so the first time you put it on it might burn/sting for a minute. That's normal. After your first time it shouldn't happen at all or as often. If it burns and stings to the point where its not normal and you can't handle it, THEN take it off. Some people mistake the burning sensation for irritation, but it's really just penetrating the skin, rememeber it has mint in it!

This is my go-to mask for bad skin days because once I take it off, I look and feel like a new person. My pores are basically gone, my skin is baby smooth, and any blemishes I have are significantly reduced. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by livloper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this one day at Sally's and it was a huge tub of it for only $5 so I decided to give it a shot. I am so glad I did. I use this on days when my skin just isn't as bright or flawless as I want it to be. If I am having a bad skin day I will pop this all over my skin and let it sit for 15 minutes. And once its off I feel like my skin has just been completely renewed. It also helped on the appearance of my pores. All around a great product with an amazing price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Creolepastry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this mask! I use it once a week and it is amazing. Very cheap as well. It minimizes my pores. Very hard to get off (but it is a mask lol) and I love the minty smell/feel!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by JudithJoselin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Jennirocketz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mask its just DA BOMB<333

My mother used to use it, My grandma used to use it, my great grandmother, and now no me! Its just great for getting all that gunk out of your face, decongesting pores and as a pimple treatment (it really dries the suckers up) and for $3 you cant really beat that👍

Overall:
Love the smell, its so minty and refreshing. Nice thick consistency, a bit hard to get out but not impossible, lasts like hell, gets the job done and the price is a bang for you buck!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by vah29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't understand this mask at all. I bought it after hearing so many rave reviews. It burned my skin and gave me a bunch of red bumps while doing nothing for my pores. It started to feel really uncomfortable so I rushed to wash it off only to find that my skin had some sort of reaction and it looked like I broke out in tiny pimples everywhere. I have oily skin but this did nothing except make my skin feel really irritated. Not recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Feels great. After first use, blackheads on nose appeared gone (they came back, but still impressive even for the short term). Followed with cerave pm and equate knockoff polysporin on an open blemish. Face is feeling refreshed. Lots of good stuff in here, with the kaolin clay, sulfur, and zinc to dry up that surface acne. Probably not doing much for cystic acne, but I'm resigned to the fact that mine is hormonal and responds best to a gentle skin care regime with spot treatment when I need it. Great rec from Allie on XOvain blog. Will be following her routine after a $500 bout of complete failure with Paulas Choice, PTR, Clinique, etc products that were astronomically more expensive!

EDIT: every time I use this, my skin initially feels great, but then within a couple of days I get clogs or tiny zits and that general "my skin is not at it's best right now" feeling. I think it may be slightly irritating. I agree with another reviewer who said it's so good at bringing out impurities I'm starting to wonder if it's actually causing them. I'm relegating it to the back of the medicine cabinet for now. Knew it was too good to be true.