April 20, 2014 | 1621 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Karinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mask, it helps keep my breakouts under control. However I have been using it for 2 years now and I feel it's effectiveness has worn off from when i first started using it. Still a great product, it really does clean out your pores (you can even feel it tingling).
Also love how it's super cheap! I can't find it anywhere in Australia so I just order it off iherb.com and haven't had any problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by vanessax10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this online, in a tube. It didn't have the extra 33% though which sucks because it probably won't be able to last as long. Applying the mask requires quite a generous amount so I'm quite sure it'll only last less than 10 masks.

The first time I used it as a mask, I put it on for 10-15 mins and when I washed it off, it had dried out my (very oily) skin and made it sensitive. I don't normally have sensitive skin. I have a "moustache" despite being a girl and normally when I tweeze it, it doesn't hurt that bad. However, I decided to tweeze it after the mask and it hurt like hell. Also, there was a lot of redness everywhere. The worst was around my mouth. But I gave it a few minutes and after about 20 mins to half and hour, my skin became really nice, the redness disappeared and many of my pimples had shrunk considerably. I would recommend using a moisturiser after though.

I prefer using it as an overnight spot treatment because it WORKS. It dries the pimple out really quickly. The only thing is, it's really hard to wash off the following morning. But that's okay.

I'm so glad to have discovered this product, it doesn't help much with preventing acne or removing blackheads but it definitely helps to dry out my pimples. Will definitely repurchase because it's value for money too! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by missuniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mask, it always helps me when i start noticing I'm on the verge of a breakout or have a pimple or zit that needs to go away. It has a nice fragrance to it which i have lots of masks that smell very bad. I think for the price its beyond amazing and i would defiantly recommend this. I have normal skin , and it made my skin softer honestly. Everyone has different skin though.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by trishcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this when I was in high school and it did great. Really helped with the oiliness of my T-zone.

But high school was 20+ years ago for me, and I decided to give this another try when I had some weird breaking out for awhile. It seems that when I turned 40, my skin turned 14 and decided to break out. Hoped QH would be the help it was back then.

This time around it was way too harsh. It burned within minutes, like my face was on fire! Left my face red and super super dry. I will say my skin has gotten more sensitive these past few years, so there must be some ingredient in it that they've since added, or it's something I didn't have sensitivity to before. If you are like me and have dermatitis or sensitivity issues, you might wanna think twice. I think this stuff is best for normal skin that gets oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Phoenix761

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If I ran out of this product I would buy it again, and I would put it in the prettiest jar that I could find. (They do sell this packaged in a jar, so the ingredients must be able to remain stable this way.) This is a really effective mask that I have used off and on over the years. It has anti-bacterial ingredients (check on it yourself ladies, my thinking cap is in the laundry right now) that really help to eliminate acne on, and beneath the surface.
A coworker recommended this to me years ago. She said it was the only thing that kept her greasy (her words, not mine) skin in check. I looked at her (her skin was the stuff my dreams are made of) and bought a tube immediately.
I love it and it definitely makes a difference in my blemishes, and the surface quality of my skin. The only reason I fall away from it is because, A. I am not a fan of mint aroma, and 3. The packaging is hideous. It was such an assault to my eyes that I simply removed it from the dresser and into the trash it went......every single time I bought it.
This product is amazing and simple. The tube is huge for 3$. It's a standard clay mask for oily skin that is non-irritating. It really helped diminish my pore size with weekly use. It dries fairly quickly, and I use hot water and cleanser to wash it off.
So, since I would love to have it around, I have to find a way around the packaging. Queen Helene also makes a similiar mask called the English Mud Masque. I've used this before, and the aesthetics surrounding this design are not as offensive.
It really does an amazing job on pores and the surface of the skin. However, it lacks the ant-bacterial ingredient (don't ask) that the Mint Julep has.
I know....I've compared the two.
Well....whatever, they are both amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by glamzdoll

L●O●V●E it!!!! ♡
This stuff is helping me get rid of my horrible acne. I was suffering from a nasty breakout (a stubborn cystic one too) after using a Cover girl foundation instead of my usual MAC one. I was desperately searching through medicine cabinet to find anything that would make it better. I came across my tube of mint julep masque. After the 1st application my acne shrunk n my face felt smoother. I re applied the next day and it helped even more, however, it did dry my skin quite a bit ((normally oily)). I will keep using this product once a week as part of my regimen. It's a life saver ♡

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by gemma505

I love, love, LOVE this mask. It helps dry up pimples and clears away black heads, and also helps to remove built up oil. After using this my skin tone looks so good. Whatever you do, don't over use it. I use it about once a week or every 9 days. Anything more then that will do more harm then good. The only thing I don't like about the mask is that they added fragrance, that's why I rated it 4/5. Oh and it is a little drying, so be sure to moisturize after!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by phoenixg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! Totally helps suck the pus out of breakouts and lets them heal faster. It also helps remove clogged pores and overall brighten skin. The minty aspect of it is very uncomfortable when I apply it to my skin (it burns and stings very bad!) but the results are so great I don't mind. After all, it dissipates pretty quickly. It actually smells just like the Wrigley gum I used to always chew as a kid, haha. I don't notice any sulfuric smell until after I wash the mask off and use a toner. It's super hard to squeeze the mask out of the tube when it's a little cold, but I remedy this by running it under hot water. I love this and I'd absolutely repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by laurennr23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you have acne and youve tried just about everything and nothing.has worked, buy this mask. Its only $4 at ulta so its not a huge risk. I am so impressed with how potent yet gentle it is on my sensitive skin. Ive used it only two nights (not in a row) and i went from have like 10 pimples to only havjng two this morning. It even helped some of my redness and hyperpigmentation go away. TRY THJS STUFF.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by leongjosephine

I have recently got this product due to the hype its been getting. A really good price for the amount of use you can get out of it.

If you have sensitive skin or some dry patches on your face, you might feel like stingy pain. I had that when I apply the product on for the first time and man.. it was no joke that it hurt. I even teared a little. lol. But the pain went away after like 30 seconds.

I usually leave the mask on for like 30 minutes or so. I would then rinse it away with warm water to remove all the residue on my face. And then rinse it with cold water to close the pores.

After all that jazz, my pore seem to appear smaller. However i do advice to constantly use this mask in the long run to achieve the result that you are seeking for. This product can be quite drying on the skin, so I use it once a week.