Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 1/16/2015 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good mud mask for oily skin.
It is very basic, clarifying but not extremely drying.
Before this I used Fresh and Aesop masks, and in my opinion this is
just as good although the expensive brands smell better etc.
Sometimes I mix it with scrubs like the one from Aesop that contains AHA,
scrub the face and leave on the mixture for some minutes.
You can mix it with a drop of essential oils like tea tree, eucalyptus, rosemary etc.
and it resembles Aesop masks.
Use alone or with other products, this clarifies my skin and next morning my
face feels really gunk-free and clear. It is really good to have around.
Only problem is the tube lasts too long, although I put a thin layer.
I think one tube would last me over 2 years.

on 1/14/2015 12:10:00 PM

Love! Love! Love! this stuff! I have super oily skin and acne around that time of the month. I have tiny black heads on my nose. I exfoliate my skin with a sugar scrub on Monday, Wednesday, Fridays. And on Tuesdays & Thursdays I use the mask. Works amazing! I haven't tried any of the glam glow mask or any other mask outside of this one. And I would say this gets the job done I love the feeling of the mint feels like it's definitely working. After rinsing this off I love how my skin feels like butter! This is a staple in my house!

on 1/14/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wonderful product! I have extremely oily skin and this is the only thing that controls it. Some people complain about the smell but i find it really soothing and relaxing. The best thing about it, is it's price, i paid 2 dollars for it! plus a little really goes a long way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I loveeee this stuff!!! It works great for breakouts. I use them when I have any pimples or just to simply keep my skin refreshed. I wash my face, use toner, apply this for about 30 mins, and moisturize afterwards. It's best used at night. When I wake up in the morning I notice great results. I just recently had a horrible breakout on my cheek and used this. I woke up the next day and the pimples were practically gone. They didn't hurt anymore and they were visibly smaller, almost gone. It's great to use overnight as well on your pimples. It's essential that you moisturize after using it though! That's what can cause some people to breakout from it. I've gotten so many compliments on my skin from using this. I've used it for two years now. I absolutely love it and recommend anyone to use it. You have to be sure to wash your face before and moisturize after for best results!

on 1/10/2015 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not sure if it's supposed to come sealed, but the one I bought didn't and it would have been nice if it did. Other than that, this mask is wonderful! It feels so great when on the skin, a nice cool feeling and it smells so nice! Dries quickly and spreads nicely so that I don't need to use a ton of the product. Also, I noticed the blackheads on the side of my nose (where it's hard to get them out) were almost completely gone after rinsing the mask off. My skin all in all felt good after washing the mask off.

on 1/8/2015 2:10:00 PM

There is almost nothing I like about this product (in terms of benefitting my skin). I have been using this about once a week for a little over a year now. I've tried this as a 10min mask, and 40 min mask, and even overnight on pimples.

Pros:
Cheap
tightens skin
Can draw open pores for blackhead removal (but need to use a nose strip right after to remove it, or extract yourself)

Cons:
Breaks me out
Difficult to wash off (So I tend to cleanse again after)
Doesn't shrink my pimples I need shrinking
Doesn't do anything for my blackheads really either by iteself.
Dries my skin out as well.

on 1/4/2015 8:59:00 PM

This is a staple in my skin care regimen. I use this mask twice a week for about 30 minutes each time. It does a great job of clarifying my pores and tightening my skin. I love to spray rose water on my skin and moisturize heavily right after, and my skin loves it too. Highly recommend this product! Not to mention it's only like $4.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This stuff WORKS! It dries excess oil, reduces clogged pores over time, tightens, and cools irritated blemishes! The sulfer and tea tree oil (anti-inflammatory +antiseptic) are what make this a HG product for me! Hygienic squeeze tube packaging is much better than the big tub (unless you use a spatula)!

All that being said: I wouldn't reccommend this if you have dry or really sensitive skin though! Too drying and the menthol can potentially irritate.

Everyone else-- TRY THIS!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just purchased this today and could not wait to review it. So far I'm in love with this product. I applied it all over my face and let it dry for about 10 minutes before washing it off with warm water. I don't have many noticeable breakouts right now so I can't speak much for how it worked on them but it cleared so many blackheads from my nose! Of course there are still some there but this is the first product I've ever used that has removed blackheads. I love the minty smell, like a stick of gum. It stung a bit around my nose while it was on my face but it wasn't anything bad enough to complain about. I'm especially happy that it worked so well for my combo skin. It removed the oil in my t-zone without drying my cheeks. I'll update this review after a few more uses if anything changes.

on 1/3/2015 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This didn't do anything for my acne

Popular Masks