October 1, 2014 | 1910 users online

Skincare - Face - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Vitamin E Pure Beauty Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by unaversal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heart this stuff. I use it as eye moisturizer at night. Smooth it down my neck and rub the leftover on my hands and cuticles. It's so versatile and the sweet almond smell is very light and goes away after a while. I'm even thinking of adding a few drops to my perfumy lotions just to make it more moisturizing. The bottle is also well designed, no need to put some in a dropper. The plastic bottle itself has only a needle sized opening under the screw cap. And yes will surely buy again but won't have to until next year because it's a big bottle and a little oil goes a long way!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2007 11:04:00 PM More reviews by xanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm writing this review as a word of caution. This is a good product, but be careful if you use it every day. I used this (32,000 IU) for about two years on my lips and on my eyes at night. It was a wonderful lip balm and also doubled as a gloss because it was so sticky and shiny. I also used it to moisturize the eye area with good results. Then about a year ago, I started waking up with swollen, red eyelids. They were also dry and flaky in the corners. I kept using the vitamin e oil because I thought it would help get rid of the dryness. I figured I had an environmental allergic reaction. It got worse. I cannot even describe to you what my eyelids looked like every morning. I swear they puffed out nearly an inch. The swelling sort of went down during the day, but the extreme puffiness stretched out the skin of my eyelids (not permanently, but for a good day or so). I went to the doctor, she diagnosed me with periorbital dermatitis and gave me a prescription for two different steroid ointments. They worked like a dream and the swelling went away. Once my eyes were back to normal, I went back to my routine of vitamin e oil on my eyes (I hadn't stopped it on my lips). Go figure, I woke up with the freakish eyelids. I finally made the connection that I had developed a BAD allergy to this stuff. I used it on my lips for about 2 more months, but my lips started getting flaky and red in the corners so I ceased use altogether. This was about a year ago. I tried waiting about six months and used it very sparingly one night (stupid, stupid me) and I woke up with the same reaction. So in conclusion, yes, this is a good product but be careful with it, especially if you are using it all the time, every day. I've never developed an allergy to a product like this before. I'd give it one star for the pain it put me through, but I did use it for two years as an excellent lip balm and a decent eye treatment, so three stars seems like a fair rating.

P.S. I can still take vitamin e supplements orally. The allergy is only topical.

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by AEC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the 45 000 IU version of this oil. It is very sticky but my skin loves it. I use it at night under my nightcream mostly around the eyes but I put some on the rest of the face as well. I have noticed that it is healing and soothing for the skin. When I put a cream on top of it most of the stickiness disappears. It's also great for dry cuticles.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Shellikins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the 32,000 iu version first, and wow is it sticky! I use that around my eyes. I use this product in the am and pm right after I wash my face. I like it, it seems to help keep my skin smooth, and doesn't interfere with my other products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased the 14,000 IU version of this oil in order to speed scar healing. It hasn't had any time to do that yet, but it's fantastic around my eyes! I've been using Burt's Bees attar of rose serum for the better part of a year, and while it's the best eye treatment I've found, it is strongly scented and is very liquidy, so it "creeps" into eyes sometimes. This oil is the perfect texture, just slightly viscous, and it sinks in very quickly leaving skin really soft and moisturized. Plus, nearly everything I try makes my eyes sting, and this doesn't cause any reaction. I may switch to using this oil around my eyes since I really like the texture of it, and also the fact that it's nearly fragrance-free.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2007 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Perfumesheep

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the 5,000 version because I was lemming the BB face oil but didn't want to spend the $55 for basically what amounted to scented oil IMO. I love the fact that this is natural and I just do the same thing the SA explained to me: Before moisturizer, put a little bit between your fingers and rub together to warm up and patter the oil around your face (I suppose if you have trouble spots you could apply it directly) I am very impressed with this products performance and the fact, is it smells very nice too. I will update if this should change but I can't imagine since my skin is so dry this is a blessing. Oil, bring it on! Jason's $6.55 : BB Oil $55.00? Now I can go buy more makeup!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i got the 32,000 IU and almost wish i hadn't. too bad i can't exchange for the 14,000 or 5000 which i should've got because the 32,000 is tooo darn sticky. obviously will not work before makeup application. so i only use it during night time. i've only been using it for less than a week so we'll see. i know i wont purchase this again because of it's stickiness...UNLESS....it makes a HUGE difference on my fine wrinkles. for now i'm going to have to use it up since i paid $10 and don't want to waste money. next time i'll definately repurchase the lower concentrates.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2007 1:35:00 AM More reviews by BeckyJSacto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Based on recommendations on this site, I purchased the 5,000 IU from Whole Foods and started using it on the dry patches on my face. I use Obagi and Retin-A, and I sometimes use the Skinceuticals C serum, so my face sometimes flakes up. The 5,000 IU works very well to remedy these spots quickly, and it's quick to sink into my skin.

A nice side effect is that my cuticles have never been in better shape, just from massaging this oil onto my face. I usually use it right before bedtime, so I don't wash my hands after using it.

It's been about a month, and I'm loving the results -- both on my face and on my hands.

I just picked up some of the 32,000 IU this afternoon and am using it on my face after some de-fuzzing earlier. The 32,000 has no other ingredients (that I can tell) other than Vitamin E, so I'm curious to see how this works! It's a lot stickier than the other formulations, so it doesn't sink in as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2007 10:55:00 PM More reviews by amelina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the 5000 IU on my whole face after I wash with EVOO & CO and a hot washcloth. (And then I use the 14,000 IU around my eyes at night). Both products have smoothed my skin considerably and seem to keep me moisturized throughout the day. If I am wearing mineral makeup I usually spritz a very small amount of Jojoba oil on my face first to keep it from drying out....i suppose I could just use more of the Jason's, but hey, I am experimenting!
EDIT: I had to take a couple lippies away, as I can no longer use this on my face. :( I do not know if it is this beauty oil, or the Oil Cleansing Method I have been using, but using oils on my face seems to have dried it out considerably. I have tried sweet almond oil, jojoba, olive and castor etc. etc. and it appears regardless of the combination, I am getting dry patches AND my skin looks as though it has aged ten years in the last month! I can see every little line on my face, even when i am not smiling. Is this what happens to all of us overnight?? i am leaving two lippies because rubbing the oil on my face twice a day and OCM-ing nightly (when I have makeup on) has strengthened my nails and softened my cuticles! :) However.....for the sake of my face, I am going back to Dermalogica, like my esthetician recommended all along. I've been back on for less than 24 hours and already my skin is beginning to rehydrate.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2007 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Traonienn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been meaning to review this for several weeks. Based on the recommendations here, I went out and bought the 14000 IU Pure Beauty Oil available at my local independently-owned grocery store. (I'm still not clear as to why there seem to be several formulations.) I use it regularly at night under another creme, applying a small amount to my entire face and letting it sink in for a good 15 minutes before applying anything else. My fine lines have visibly diminished, my eye area feels and looks much more nourished and the red, dry patches around my mouth are a thing of the past. Even my hands look better, just from not washing them after I apply it! I've also used it on cooler-weather days under another moisturizer, which gives me a youthful dewy look.