Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation

4.4

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Methicone, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Fragrance (Parfum) 101905.

on 5/20/2009 2:31:00 PM

I never write reviews-but this stuff is great. A friend of mine recommended this to me years ago, and now I see why she has raved about it! I find that it provides good coverage, except for under eyes-which I just use some of my bare minerals with a concealer brush. Follow up with ultra powder and some bronzer, and I'm good to go!

on 5/7/2009 1:55:00 AM

I absolutely love this powder. It's so lovely, doesn't break me out. HG status.

on 5/5/2009 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using it for years. Stays on and doesn't look cakey or oily.

on 4/6/2009 7:56:00 AM

I was expecting great things from this foundation based on the reviews. First off, the coverage for me was more like sheer to medium, more like sheer, like a powder, not really a foundation. I prefer at least medium coverage. I have been applying this dry with a flocked sponge which gives heavier coverage.

Second, I hit pan in about a month, after not even using it every day. This product cost at least $ 38 if I remember correctly, and I will not repurchase something that costs so much and lasts such a short period of time. I am quite disappointed in this foundation. Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder foundation is so much better than this product, the coverage is amazing and it lasts for months!

on 4/1/2009 7:58:00 PM

I love this product. It didnt make me break out at all!! i feel like it actually cleared up my face a little bit. Would def. repurchase. I have one concern though. I was matched upto Ultra Golden, I am NC 20 in MAC. I am unsure about the color..if anyone can help me ..please contact me. if you are nc 20, what shade are you wearing in this?

on 3/20/2009 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is HANDS DOWN my favorite powder EVER! I have bought this item countless times. It is actually the only product I repurchase at Merle Norman over and over again. I try many things, but none are all that impressive to me. I have encouraged lots of my friends to buy this and they all have and all love it. I actually try different products thinking I am going to get a better product somewhere else, and I never have! I have no idea why I ever stray for this powder foundation! It is definately my HG!

on 2/12/2009 7:33:00 PM

I do not consider myself very loyal to any one particular cosmetic company, but this is one of those products which I must always have. I have oily skin, live in an area with very high humidity, plus need decent coverage to tone down the redness in my face. I get it with this product. I also believe the powder helps to fill any former acne scars. Anyway, this is one of those products I always seem to go back to.UPDATE: I took off a lippie only b/c I have switched to Jane Iredale Pressed Base. I gave up on all other foundations. I like this product but I got frustrated with my skin breaking out, so if your skin is not acne prone and you want good coverage from a powder foundation. Do it.

on 2/9/2009 4:24:00 PM

I really wanted to like this, but as other reviewers said, the ingredients scared me... mica as the first ingredient, yikes!

I got neutral shade, with help from the sales lady. I found the shopping experience actually okay.... the lady wasn't pushy or anything like that, and all I bought was the foundation.

I was happy with the shade matching, level of coverage and it did last for most of the day. However I just can't get over the strong fragrance of this product. You open the compact and BAM it instantly hits you in the face... especially compared to other powder foundations I am using/testing (Shiseido powdery, Prestige Multitask, Maybelline Purestay). For that reason, I probably won't repurchase this otherwise good product.

on 1/27/2009 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this based on the great reviews here, and now I am hooked. I have oily, acne prone skin with large pores, lots of redness, and some indented/pock acne marks on my cheeks. This is great at covering redness and pores while controlling oil. Mica is one of the first few ingredients, but I don't find it is ridiculously glowy (like BE). It just gives a nice soft look to the skin, blurring down my imperfections. Also, it doesn't settle into my pores/scars the way most liquids do. It just sort of sits on top of them, which makes a huge difference in how I look at the end of the day. I have repurchased this twice so far, and will continue to purchase again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

For anyone who has not tried Merle Norman makeup, I strongly encourage you to do so! This is not your "grandma's makeup line" anymore! Their products are modern and wearable. This powder foundation is fabulous. I use it as a setting powder over the Merle Norman Lasting Foundation, and it gives a flawless matte finish and lasts all day. The compact is downright ugly, but at least there is a separate space for the sponge. I apply this with a brush, then "press" the sponge over my face to set the powder and foundation. I am truly blown away by this, and the Lasting Foundation. So if you havent been to one yet, go to the Merle Norman store ASAP! I think you'll be as pleased as I am.

*** I'm surprised to see that people complain about the scent of this powder, I think it has a great scent!!! Very sweet and fresh!