November 24, 2014 | 1588 users online

Concealers - Mary Kay - concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

At first I hated this concealer, I felt like it wasn't thick enough for me. It was more creamy. And the color was a little too light for me,I got it in the color beige 1 the same as my mineral foundation but it was too light for my liking, the foundation looked great though. Recently I started using it, this beats all my other concealers. But I do go back and forth between this and studio sculpt. The staying power is great. It completely covers my blemishes and I don't have to keep applying it throughout the day. This literally is the tube that never stops giving, it's a never ending product that lasts forever. I will repurchase but in a darker shade.
For reference I'm NC20-25

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I am a MAC NC40 skintone with medium under eye darkness. Under my eyes look purple with a little redness. I ended up getting "YELLOW" in a swap and I really like it. This has actually been my mom's HG concealer for the past 8+ years. She's a lot lighter than me so I was never really able to use hers.. sometimes I would try sneaking it because the coverage is amazing. She's around a NC25 and she uses Ivory. It's probably a little lighter than her skintone, but it works well for her. Anyway! This is a good medium to full coverage concealer. Its not very liquidy or silky in texture.. its pretty thick and somewhat dry? I would HIGHLY reccommend you to moisturize your under eyes before application or this may accentuate any dryness. I like to apply this with my MAC 224 brush and apply it by DABBING to blend (instead of smoothing it across my under eyes) I get much more coverage this way. This is not the type of concealer (in my opinion) that glides like butter. Definately recommend dabbing. For my skintone, "YELLOW" works wonderful. It brightens up my undereyes very well.. I can tell in pictures too, that It looks like I have no darkness/bags whatsoever. I have been using it in conjuction with Bobbi Brown eye brightener and I layer this concealer over it with amazing results. I haven't tried it with Bobbi Brown corrector, but I may try that next. I think you'll get amazing results by applying this over any under eye correctors/brighteners. By applying these beforehand, It eliminates any dry look this concealer might of given off & blends better. I will repurchase this when I run out.. It's very inexpensive and the quality is great! I would actually compare this to Lancome Effacernes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer is very similar to the Amazing Cosmetics one, but not as thick and pigmented. Doesn't mean it doesn't cover, it covers moderate dark circles quite well, my freckles not so much. I like the smooth consistency, it is not sticky like the AC concealer. I have this in Ivory 2, it's the perfect color for me (I am an NC35 skin tone and NC20 in studio sculpt). Maybe it's the powder I use or the method that I use to set this concealer, but I find that I get transfer from my mascara on my under eye with this on. It drives me crazy when I look like a raccoon! Ughhh!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by briii

the color selection is nice and it covers dark circles under eyes and pimples great. and it lasts all day, which is another plus. all around great convealer and would definately reccomend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by jlseck

This is my HG concealer. I have very dark eye circles. It is super lightweight, I hardly use any, and it covers amazingly well. I have used it for at least 5 years. Whenever I get antsy and want to try something new, I always regret it. Nothing beats this concealer. Dior is very good too, but it costs $10 more. Why pay more?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by jgavin106

Great colors. It lasts through a day on the beach, but i have no trouble washing it off at night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I've been wanting to buy this for sometime now. I'm so tired of buying crap drugstore concealers that don't do anything for my undereye circles. I truly wanted this to be my hg concealer, and unfortunately, it hasn't exactly blown me away. I ordered the "ivory 1" shade because I have yellow undertones. While my undereye circles aren't the worst, I do have them (and they're a pain to try to cover, successfully). I find that this doesn't completely cover them, and almost gives me the "reverse raccoon" look. I haven't given up hope just yet, though-I'm thinking of investing in a concealer brush and seeing how that does. Also, I think I will order the next shade up, next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used the yellow concealer on my eyelids and under my eyes for over 10 years. It has a thick consistency, but the yellow is what I've always needed to cover the redness on the eyelids and blue underneath my eyes. I hope this is never discontinued. One tube lasts me two years and lasts all day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I see that most people like this, but it didn't work for me :-(. I bought it because it was much cheaper than Lancome's concealer and the Amazing Cosmetics concealer I was looking at ($40 versus Mary Kay's $10!). Here's the problem with it:
It doesn't cover anything, just makes it look whiter and pasty. I put it under my eyes, and I still have the same undereye circles, it's just now they look pasty and enhanced. on my nose too it looks pasty - not smooth and blendable. The formula is not smooth looking at all, so it is obvious I am wearing concealer. maybe the color isn't a good match, but this is the best match I could find out of the color selection...
I have now bought TheBalm's concealer & hope it works out better!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by courtneycaye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Perfect for a light, even coverage. Great for under eyes or on blemishes. Stays put very well. The price is right. I'll probably always use this. It's great.