September 2, 2014 | 1703 users online

Concealers - Mary Kay - concealer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer is very similar to the Amazing Cosmetics one, but not as thick and pigmented. Doesn't mean it doesn't cover, it covers moderate dark circles quite well, my freckles not so much. I like the smooth consistency, it is not sticky like the AC concealer. I have this in Ivory 2, it's the perfect color for me (I am an NC35 skin tone and NC20 in studio sculpt). Maybe it's the powder I use or the method that I use to set this concealer, but I find that I get transfer from my mascara on my under eye with this on. It drives me crazy when I look like a raccoon! Ughhh!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by briii

the color selection is nice and it covers dark circles under eyes and pimples great. and it lasts all day, which is another plus. all around great convealer and would definately reccomend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by jlseck

This is my HG concealer. I have very dark eye circles. It is super lightweight, I hardly use any, and it covers amazingly well. I have used it for at least 5 years. Whenever I get antsy and want to try something new, I always regret it. Nothing beats this concealer. Dior is very good too, but it costs $10 more. Why pay more?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by jgavin106

Great colors. It lasts through a day on the beach, but i have no trouble washing it off at night.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I've been wanting to buy this for sometime now. I'm so tired of buying crap drugstore concealers that don't do anything for my undereye circles. I truly wanted this to be my hg concealer, and unfortunately, it hasn't exactly blown me away. I ordered the "ivory 1" shade because I have yellow undertones. While my undereye circles aren't the worst, I do have them (and they're a pain to try to cover, successfully). I find that this doesn't completely cover them, and almost gives me the "reverse raccoon" look. I haven't given up hope just yet, though-I'm thinking of investing in a concealer brush and seeing how that does. Also, I think I will order the next shade up, next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used the yellow concealer on my eyelids and under my eyes for over 10 years. It has a thick consistency, but the yellow is what I've always needed to cover the redness on the eyelids and blue underneath my eyes. I hope this is never discontinued. One tube lasts me two years and lasts all day.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I see that most people like this, but it didn't work for me :-(. I bought it because it was much cheaper than Lancome's concealer and the Amazing Cosmetics concealer I was looking at ($40 versus Mary Kay's $10!). Here's the problem with it:
It doesn't cover anything, just makes it look whiter and pasty. I put it under my eyes, and I still have the same undereye circles, it's just now they look pasty and enhanced. on my nose too it looks pasty - not smooth and blendable. The formula is not smooth looking at all, so it is obvious I am wearing concealer. maybe the color isn't a good match, but this is the best match I could find out of the color selection...
I have now bought TheBalm's concealer & hope it works out better!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by courtneycaye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Perfect for a light, even coverage. Great for under eyes or on blemishes. Stays put very well. The price is right. I'll probably always use this. It's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by souavang86

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! It is great. It totally does the work. It is by far the best concealer I have ever used. It totally cover all my red spot. Highly recommened!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by zuvesta

Similar to one of the other reviewers, I've been using this concealer since I first started with makeup (around 12-13). I'm now 22 and I still love and use this concealer! It has a great, thick consistency which I find necessary for hiding my blemishes, but won't look cakey as long as you blend well. It does tend to go on a little yellow, but as long as you set with powder and blend you'll be fine. The lasting power of this concealer is also great - will last all day as long as you don't touch your face too much. I love this concealer mostly because I'm very self-conscious about blemishes, but when I use this product I know I don't have to worry about anything rubbing off mid-day. HG status for me!