August 30, 2014 | 1132 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Pureness Matifying compact

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2004 4:43:00 PM More reviews by terremisu

I like the Shiseido line so I decided to give this a try since it's oil free and I have combination skin, which tends to be really oily in the T-zone. The odd thing about this foundation was that it actually left my skin flakey and dry. Application was not that smooth. After a couple of hours, it would just sit on top of my skin with the oil, which wasn't pretty. But after blotting with oil paper, my face looks fresh again. This isn't the best compact out there. It does it's job of mattifying at first, but doesn't have the staying power. I don't like to use it so I wouldn't buy this again. The case is cute though and pretty sturdy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2004 11:12:00 AM More reviews by pook555

Love this foundation powder. I didn't think I'd like a powder foundation, but it feels like wearing nothing and is a breeze to apply. Coverage is medium and I wear Bare Escentuals as a cover w/this foundation for a perfect result. I does control shine, but you do have to blot (you know what I'm talking about oily girls), so it's not perfect, but nothing is. Gives a great light amount of color too (I'm naturally pale and my dermatologist thought I'd been out in the sun when I wore this to the office - ha!). Love the SPF factor too - all around great stuff in a refillable compact. I usually use this with the Bare Escentuals brush for more of an even cover, but a sponge for a thicker cover too. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2004 6:05:00 PM More reviews by mmina

This product is amazing! Not only is the shade perfect for my skin tone it also has SPF. I have combination/sensitive skin and hard for me to find a foundation liquid or powder that doesn't dry up my face or make it oily, and this does just that. It's matte yet moisturizing at the same time. Also I don't look pale when I put it on, usually happens with liquid foundation. It has a sheer cover yet gives a nice colour. Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2004 10:51:00 AM More reviews by mfsvp

This is my HG of powders. It gives me enough coverage that I don't have to use foundation, but sheer enough that it looks naural and not caked on, plus it has SPF. It keeps the shine off of my face (not at all drying), evens out my skintone,make my pores look smaller, have not had any reactions and the color is dead on. They only have maybe 8 or so colors to choose from, and lucky I found one that works. If you can fins the color the suits you, get it. The refills are kinds pricey,about $27 at Sephora, but it is so worth it, I don't complain. This is the only powder I will ever use, unless something else come out and I can be convinced!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2004 10:22:00 PM More reviews by jeslyn24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got oily n acne-prone skin that why i tried this shiseido pureness range.. The packaging of this powder is not bad... I always like pastel blue... It is rather compact n easy to bring out.. It do make my pores appear smaller but for coverage wise, it can't rather cover my blemish n imperfections well... It does not control shine as well as my skin still gets v oily..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2003 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product. I liked how it minimized my large pores and neutralized the tone of my skin. I use #30. It is great for oily and problematic skin because it has good medium coverage for a powder and is not heavy. I used it almost for a year except for the winter months because it is too dry. But I will get back to it in Spring.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2003 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Angelic80

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The colour of this foundation is the first one that matches my natural skintone, and that says a lot! It covers up enough to camouflage blemishes, but still is sheer enough, which looks natural.
It doesn't cause break-outs like some other foundations I've tried and has SPF 15, so it's ideal for everyday use.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2003 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Racergirl

I tried this compact for about 2 weeks before switching. At first it felt nice, but after being on my skin for a little while, I found it felt greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2002 3:36:00 PM More reviews by anan

This powder foundation is wonderful! Not powdery,not drying, very natural, cause no breakouts for my sensitive/combination skin and cute packaging. The only drawback is it seems doesn't last very long, but I still love this product very much and will def rephurchase it again!!!