September 22, 2014 | 1898 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by MPoyner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG I am 45 have light slightly dry sensitive skin. Anything with oil will break me out. I prefer a lighter coverage, thin foundations and loved Bobbi Brown Skin but it broke me out and clogged my pores something awful . The consistency of this foundation is a lot like BB Skin. It's light and buildable and after 2 weeks of wear I have had no breakouts at all. The only problem I've had is it can show flakes so skin prep is essential. Other than that I adore this stuff. My skin just glows and it looks great makeup free too! I got the linen and the natural shades both and mix them for a more custom color. I do think I will be linen in the winter though. The brush is a necessity. It makes application a breeze and you really do is very little of the product, just a couple of drops.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by bteaster5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have searched endlessly for a weightless foundation with coverage! This is it folks! I did purchase the brush and like it also. It takes only a few drops for the whole face. I do use the makeup forever hi-def powder to set it. Beautiful and stays in place. Plus it has SPF. Can't go wrong. Only complaint is the bottle is hard and squeezing a drop or two out is sort of difficult.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by AnBrPe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst foundation I've ever used, hands down. I hate the bottle, squeezing out one drop is difficult but beyond that this stuff just sucks. It's supposed to be light and buildable. I found it to be cakey and incredibly noticeable. It just sits on my skin. I tried one drop, I tried two, I tried it with and without the brush. Bottom line, horrible stuff.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

This is a product I'm seeing a lot either love or hate. No inbetween. For me I have Neutral leaning to fair skin. Drying out but every once in a while the face demons will make an appearance on my face. So even at my age I need to be careful. I spotted this at Ulta before the hype started. I've always loved the powder formula so I was really excited to see this. I took #7 it went on cool but turned a little yellow when it oxidized on my skin. Not horrible but I will be trying another shade when I run out of this. I do suggest before you buy get some samples or try a couple of shades before investing in a $29 purchase. I did not initially get the brush I have a really good soft flat brush that I love for liquid foundation but if you don't mind the initial $29 investment on top of the foundation do it. I will probably purchase the brush now. You do have to shake this puppy good. I put all my moisturizers and bases on and while they are drying I'll do the shake. Sounds silly but for fun I sang the Hippy Hippy shake song and once through did the trick on blending this foundation, plus gives my other products a chance to set.

Initially this goes on really nasty and I wasn't liking it at all. I had to work at getting the right number of drops/blending to make it work. It took a few applications and tries. After a week after I got the hang of it and for my face it was flawless looking and I got 12 hours out of this. I was very impressed. I do only use two/three drops total and get full coverage including my neck. circular motion and blend but not over blend otherwise it will start to take the product off your face. For the record I'm in the 50+ crowd so my results will probably be different than younger skin. Since there is nothing extra in this including water (weird) I don't see alot of skin having issues with this unless you have sensitivity to plant extracts. (This has a lilac extract)

Bottom line if you love the Bareminerals line I say yes give this a try. Also if you don't mind the initial experimentation to figure out how this works for you and like the art of perfect foundation with blending and "shaking" you should be fine. If you are a put it on and go and no fuss type person you may find this a real fail. For me yes I will be buying again although I will be making a more careful shade choice next round.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

I finally went into a BE store and was color matched and learned how to use this. Turns out I was using the wrong color and using way too much. The MUA used a total of two drops on me. She striped them on my skin then buffed them in one at a time. My skin looked great and it held up all day. So I bought it again with the brush. I am in 08 and I am NC 25/30, pantone 1Y07-8 right now for summer, Laura Mercier, blush during most of the year, sand right now. Cannot stress enough about not trying to guess your color but either going into a store or calling the BE line. The BE CS phone line had told me initially that I was 08 but I didn't believe them. The colors in this and the ready line can run very yellow.

Additionally I have slightly combination skin right now. The MA only used a smidge of mineral veil on me but I could see why folks with oily skin would have a problem with this foundation. This serum foundation looked natural on me but where I am a tad oilier it looked dewy so for oily folks the matte BM is probably your best bet.

The feel is indeed weightless which I go for. But I won't be able to rely on the sunscreen factor with 2-3 drops so I have to wear several layers underneath this. I wore this over sunscreen/moisturizer and primer.

I have some arthritis in my hands and although the bottle is hard, I like that is dispenses a drop at a time.

Initially I didn't like this but I was using the wrong color and too much. As with most of BE's products there is a learning curve.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by SusieLouise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was super excited when I saw this foundation at Sephora. I have been a BareMinerals user for years, and I never go without my powder foundation, even over bb creams. Well this promised to be light and feel like nothing, while still providing great coverage, which is something I have been searching for endlessly in a bb cream, to no avail. The first few times I tried this foundation, I DID NOT LIKE IT. I hate anything that makes me dewy or "luminous", aka shiny, and this was exactly that. It stayed moist all day. So I tried dusting my mineral foundation over top to set it and make it more matte, but all that did was make it cake horribly. I was about to give up and return it to the store, when I realized what I was doing. BareMinerals powder is not a powder, its a foundation....so essentially what I was doing was putting foundation on top of foundation....of course it was cakey! So I tried dusting over the serum with BareMinerals mineral veil, and VOILA! Perfect! Mineral veil is the setting powder in that line, so it did everything I was hoping: made the foundation matte, natural, and best of all, it stays allllllll day! And now I absolutely love it! The coverage is fantastic, and it blends sooooo nicely. You just have to make sure you shake it very well-- I see some reviews on here with people complaining about it being streaky or discolored, and I think they just aren't shaking it well enough, it separates a lot while sitting. I use about 2-3 drops for my whole face, and its plenty. True to their word, this foundation really does feel like wearing nothing at all. It feels amazing on my skin, and with minimal ingredients it sticks with my natural skin care beliefs. Note: I did not buy the brush, as it was quite pricey- I just use a foundation brush I got at cvs, works just fine :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Jennifoo2010

I'm surprised by the negative reviews! I've never found a foundation that I like previously including everything from Chanel to bobbi brown and even bare minerals powder. When I had the associate color match me in the store I wasn't super impressed as it looked cakey but I figured I would use less at home and the color was good. She used about 5-6 drops and I now use 2 drops for my entire face. I absolutely love the soft, dewy coverage this provides. I don't have major skin issues and really like a no make-up feel which this provides. The brush seems necessary to me for great coverage. I find it to stay true to it's color and keeps good coverage all day. The only negative I would say is that I feel like your skin needs to be pretty smooth/hydrated or the product may cake a bit- I use a gentle exfoliator most mornings before applying. I've been on this site so many times but have never felt strongly enough to post-love this stuff!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

An SA had me try this on today. When I picked up my cell phone to take a call the foundation ended up on my screen. No thank you.

If you are looking for a foundation --- try Sephora Perfection Mist Airbrush --- it won't make friends with your cell phone but it WILL stay on all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by sandyteeful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the shade 05 and i think the coverage is amazing! Let me just say that i've been a huge fan of bare minerals forever, so i was excited about this product!

My first impression was that it was reallly waterly and thin! It really does feel natural and like nothing is on your skin! I have to apply at least 4 drops for a nice coverage. The best thing for me was the way my makeup applies to the foundation, it really made my makeup easily blendable and looked so nice with the foundation! Although i did like the coverage, id have to say i wont be repurchasing it again because I dont think this is a "Must Have" item. Even though it is nice, compared to all my other foundations; many of my foundations shine more compare to this foundation. However, I would recommend it because it is a good product for a light foundation, its just not the best foundation out there.

I have really dry skin, so normally; foundations do not make my skin feel oily or anything. I'd have to say that the only thing that i did not like about this foundation, was that it took a longer time to dry than other foundations. This is probably the only foundation that i MUST use a powder for because takes foreverrrrr to dry and using powder really sets it in. Once it sets in though, its really nice.

Make sure you shake well! Since theres no binders in the ingredients, shaking it is essential! Overally, i love the naturally looking coverage, how light it feels on, and the brightness it brings. Id give this product 4 stars!

Check out my FULL REVIEW here:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by xojmfxo

Love this :)

It's a pretty cool and innovative approach to a liquid foundation- especially coming from Bare Minerals. I used to use their Matte in Golden Medium mineral foundation until I started getting really tan. In Bareskin liquid I use Bare Honey 15 now because I'm a lot tanner.

I honestly think this foundation gets lighter when it's blended in and throughout the day. It's half a shade too dark when I first apply, set with powder and an hour later it's my exact match.

But I do love this stuff because it's so easy to blend, and one drop- goes a long way!