October 23, 2014 | 1122 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by thebreezyboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh. I have a strange relationship with this foundation....I like it but do not love it. I like it enought to not return it but dont plan on rebuying it. Honestly, if it werent for the limited ingredients which is huge to me I would dislike it more.

I do LOVE the way it applies and covers BUT it doesnt feel like it ever sets. This foundation feels like it slides all over my face all day. 4 hours in I am doing touchups with my powder foundation which I normally do not need.

Think I will re-try in the winter, maybe my skin will like it more then.

The search for my HG foundation continues. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally a medium coverage foundation that is neither heavy nor oxidizes. I like how light weight this feels, yet it gives a very decent coverage. You definitely need to give it a good shaking, or the product comes out a little too oily. Love the applicator, give out just a small amount at a time without having to dip your fingers into the product. SPF 20 is always a bonus for someone who has already had skin cancer. Remember to only use a small amount, a little goes a long way. Perfect application happens for me when I apply with my fingers and smooth out, then use my pro-airbrush sephora foundation brush to blend completely, get all the edges and my jawline.

Update: This foundation has weathered a week long trip to southern Mexico and a weekend in almost as humid Austin. Coverage looked beautiful and natural, and continues to do so in arid Los Angeles. This could be HG material.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by underage

I normally dislike Bare Escentuals products but this one is great! I didn't buy the brush but I just use my Real Techniques brush and I think it works exactly the same. I use 1 drop for each section of my face. The formula is very liquidy but has pretty good coverage. The finish is very luminous so I wouldn't recommend this is you're not a fan of the dewy look. It has a bad smell but I don't notice it when its on my skin. The lasting power is pretty decent. I have been topping it with Faux Tan powder from Bare Escenuals and it makes it a little more glowy looking. I don't notice that it accentuates my pores or anything like that. I do use the Benefit Porefessional before. Overall I'm very happy with this foundation. One of the bests I have tried in a while!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Jillshea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely sensitive skin, and I usually never have a problem with bare minerals because their brands main focus is skin care. But I absolutely hated this foundation!! It was so oily, it made my skin break out in acne! It is so runny, and so liquidy that it feels like almost applying water to your face! Not to mention the packaging was difficult to dispense the product from. As soon as I tried it I returned it.. Don't waste your money!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Lissajp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I jus bought this 3 days ago... N I never wear foundation.. Only BB or CC creams... But after reading up on this product n seeing that it has great benefits for the skin!!! I had to try it.. Honestly, I'm soo glad I did!!! This stuff is AMAZING!!! I'm completely shocked, how this looks n feels on my skin... It does not make me oily, or breakout!!! It's flawless n matches my skin tone, perfect.. My morning routine, is cut in half!! Not sure of the benefits yet.. But either way.. It's a win win.. For me!!! I've tried every product out there... I believe, I finally found.. The 1!!!! 💕💕 ❌💋❌

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by amnasaeed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is great for well exfoliated dry skin. I've had no problems with any oiliness or shiny-ness ..Even in today's super hot and humid 90 degree weather. As someone who suffers from dull and dry skin, I can say it really does work. It has the consistency of an airy bb cream. It's light but still covers uneven skin tones and dark acne scars well. I was too cheap to buy the thirty dollar brush, and so I just use it with my real techniques expert face brush. It works perfectly. I first squeeze a drop onto the back of my hand, then with my finger repeatedly dip it into the drop and dot my face with it. Then I blend using the expert face brush. Works magically :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by allielautner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I've been using this foundation since right before it was released and we received the tester at my counter at Macy's and I took home a sample. I loved it so much I purchased it when it was officially released. I was never a fan of the loose foundation, and I felt that the Ready foundation broke me out. I loved the coverage with about four drops (before my HGs were Tarte Amazonian Clay and Estée Lauder Double Wear, so I like my full coverage!) and applied it with my Sigma F80 and it even covered my acne scarring! Note that I also layered it over the Bare Minerals BB Primer (AMAZING STUFF) so that helped the coverage a bit. I also set it with a translucent setting powder. It lasts me all day (I had pretty oily skin) which was very impressive. It also feels weightless and the finish is beautifully natural. HOWEVER after using this for a couple months, I feel that the serum component of this foundation has seriously dried out my skin. I am in school training to be an esthetician so my skin is kinda going through the wringer now, but I had dry patches around my mouth for about a month and I stopped using this foundation for about a week and used a ton of hydrating products and they are almost gone. So that makes me very sad. Disclaimer: I'm not 100% sure it's the foundation. But it's quite possible. Only reason I don't give this a foundation a 5. Also the packaging is total s**t. We were told in training this packaging was just the prototype and I'm mad they didn't change it before release. STILL love the BB primer, will be reviewing that next, amaaaaazing stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros: Generous selection of shades, very thin texture, feels rich and serum-like right out the bottle, didn't settle into my pores
Cons: Got noticeably flakey and patchy all over the face with and without a primer underneath. I definitely don't have dry skin. I have oily skin and I've never flaked up with any other foundation like this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I'm not a foundation fan but I like this foundation. It's very thin and light so it doesn't feel greasy or fake or cakey. In fact it's so thin that it dissolves very quickly so you have to be fast getting it in. I need very little (4-5 small drops) to get quite a bit if coverage and it has a good range of shades, even for a dark skinned person like me.

Its hard to comment on whether it makes my skin better in the long run as I'm not a very regular user of foundation but if it does, its definitely a plus. I like the fact that it has some SPF although as always I don't think the amount you would use would be enough to be effective. I mostly use it only where needed although I must mention that my skin has a lot of scars and pigmentation. My skin is very very sensitive and acne prone and this doesn't mess with it. For people with dry skin, you should probably use it with moisturiser.

I am not crazy about the bottle though. It is not squeezable so it takes a while for the drops to come out of the bottle and you know how one never has enough time in the morning!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by dtm428

I am in love with this product. I have not used a liquid foundation in almost 20 years, so it was a big relief when I decided to try this product that I ended up loving it! I've been using BareMinerals foundation for almost my entire make-up wearing life, and I have loved it. I wear a very light layer, so except for helping to even out my skin tone, most of the time I look like I don't have anything on. Unfortunately, on hot days, it's difficult to apply a powdery mineral foundation. This liquid serum is perfect. I was skeptical about having to buy a special brush, but from my first application, I fell in love with that too. The serum goes on extremely smooth and blends in flawlessly. I only use two drops for my entire face and neck. I get light coverage with the two drops, so I still have my barely there foundation look. I would not hestiate buying this product again and I highly recommend it. It doesn't do anything for my oily T-zone, so I need a separate product for that. Maybe in the future they will come out with an oil control formula.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No