Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product at Sephora where apparently they are too cheap with the electric bill to turn on the lights so I ended up buying a foundation three shades too dark 06. Lesson learned, never buy a product at Sephora that you haven't already bought at a store with light or just go straight to the store with lights and skip Sephora all together. I'm mixing this with an old foundation of another brand I had laying around that was too light. I can't say I'm able to fully appreciate this formula since a) I have to mix it with something else and b) I can't apply it the way you are supposed to with the stippling brush because of the previously mentioned reason. It seems to have quite an oily feel to it, maybe it would feel better if I had the correct shade and could apply it correctly with the kabuki brush, instead I got sold the wrong colour and will basically never go to Sephora again since it is too dark in there buy makeup.
Update: exchanged this for a lighter shade 04, it is very, very yellowish and the texture is totally different than 06. It is very watery and grainy and I have to rub it in to make it blend and makes my face look chalky. A total disaster.

on 1/20/2015 8:01:00 AM

I wanted to write a review for this product because I truly liked it. I have a combination skin, with oily patches, sebaceous filaments and dry areas, especially on my cheeks. I usually opt for BB creams, for practical reasons, but they end up looking too cakey at times. I tried this product at the airport's duty free, with ample time to decide and try, finally found it in a colour that perfectly matches my skin. Its texture is light and you only need a few drops for great coverage if you use a primer and a corrector underneath. Also, before applying everything I moisturise the skin with an organic face oil, leaving it slightly damp so to absorb the following layers much better. If it wasn't for the sales assistant I would have opted with a rosier colour, but I would have been mistaken. The fairer tone suits me the most. What amazed me is that the skin feels moist and hydrated for the entire day, quite a velvety sensation. I found the price good too, considering the high quality product that other brand often price at double the amount. Overall I would suggest giving it a try in store, it may very well be considered a cheaper version of Armani Face Fabric foundation.

on 1/19/2015 8:50:00 PM

This product is NOT good for oily skin whatsoever. I had purchased it because I had used BareMinerals products before and have always over their loose powder foundations. After using this, It made my skin extremely oily and I felt as if I could see the serum based foundation settling into every pore or line on my face. I do, however, recommend this foundation for those with dry skin, the drier the better. It is designed to brighten up dull, life less looking skin.

on 1/17/2015 7:25:00 AM

I got swatched at Sephora and they told me that I was 5y03, almost 100% neutral. They said this foundation was a perfect match (for light skin with golden undertones) but when I tested it, it looked too yellow on me, looked bad in dry/flakey areas and settled into lines (I moisturized before testing).

I tested Urban Decay's Naked in the shade 2.0 (described for fair with a slight yellow undertone) and it was much better. It matched my skin better, didn't settle into lines or enhance/show flakey areas, made my overall skintone more even (even under my eyes), as well as made my skin look luminous. I also love how it feels on my skin - it makes my skin feel so soft.

I normally have oily skin but it's dry this winter so I'll have to see how this does in the summer. Speaking of, this shade works for my paler winter skin.

If it helps, MAC says I am shade 1 in Matchmaster but I think it's a bit too light (I only swatched, not tested like the 2 above).

on 1/16/2015 12:08:00 PM

This product definitely surprised me! Because of its name I expected a very light and sheer, very moisturizing foundation. I hesitated to try it because I always need a bit more coverage for redness and blemishes, and I thought it would also be too oily for me. I was so wrong! With an incredibly little amount of product, I achieved a really good coverage, and I found it to be quite mattifying. After watching two youtube videos about it, I also found the best way to wear it - I use a primer underneath, and after applying very little with my Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush, I set it with powder. This gives me a very perfected finish - not too natural I have to admit, I think it´s visible that I wear foundation. Not so much "melting in the skin" here. But still, a nicely even finish! It proved to be quite longlasting. So - it´s a decent foundation, I think, but still, I know that for this price I can get others which offer a more natural finish. I also didn´t find it moisturizing at all, which was a bit of a disappointment because I find that if they use the word Serum for the name, it really implies a bit of skin pampering too. That´s why, only 3 stars.

on 1/14/2015 10:41:00 PM

I really, really like this foundation- I have it in bare porcelain and it's the only foundation I've found that will match my pale skin without making me look like a corpse. You definitely have to shake it well before you apply it- and you need very little of the foundation itself. I apply it with a regular foundation brush and then buff it out slightly with a flat buffing brush and it gives an airbrushed- satiny finish. GRANTED if you don't take very good care of your skin by exfoliating 2-3 times a week and moisturizing regularly I can see how this foundation would hi light that rather than conceal it as it settles close to the skin. I use Laura Mercier's foundation primer - but I'm sure any primer would do, I just have super sensitive skin - and it creates a very nice smooth base for this foundation and I haven't had any problems with it settling into fine lines or pores (which is the WORST). I enjoyed that this foundation doesn't feel cakey or smothering when you apply it- so many foundations make me feel like my skin can't breathe AT ALL - but this one has a very nice satiny feel on the skin; not too greasy, not too heavy. Overall I'm a fan of this foundation and I will definitely be repurchasing it in the future.

on 1/13/2015 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation gives me a flawless face. It's really smooth, almost like lotion. I have really bad acne dark spots and this completely hides them.

The only problem that i have is that i wish it was a bit bigger because i run out of it really quickly.

on 1/13/2015 10:34:00 PM

The jojoba gave me lots of under the skin pimples on my forehead so it's a no go for me. Otherwise, I like it more than a lot of products I have tested lately. The ingredient list is pretty elegant, and there's no silicones which are bad for some acne-prone types. It's a dewy finish, very pretty. It doesn't last long unfortunately, probably 3-4 hours, but I don't like using powder of setting spray, so maybe you could get it to work for you. I would probably have tried to get it to work for me if it didn't break me out. The lightest color, Porcelain, was a little dark and yellow for me. The Bare Minerals serum did not have silicones, so it will not break you out if you are sensitive to them, but it doesn't do much as far as resurfacing, minimizing pores, and hiding fine lines.

I'm going to try the Nars TM and hope that doesn't break me out. The Nars has some "safe" silicones for me, such as Dimethicone. They don't clog my pores but create more of a smooth surface, plus more range in the lightest colors.

on 1/11/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I found this foundation extremely drying which really surprised me. Initailly it was applied in store by the MUA using the bare minerals primer underneath and their powder to set. My skin looked so dry and patchy. I wasn't sure if it was the combination of the 3 products used so I took a sample home to try and used it over my usual & trusted moisturiser. Again it just clung to every flake of skin and looked terrible.

on 1/5/2015 8:49:00 PM

This is terrible, I always thought the problematic ingredient in most liquid foundations for me was silicone since my skin does well with powder foundations (especially Halo and the original bare minerals). However this made my skin feel dry and caused me to to breakout. Quite a feat! The color range is limited and the shades do not seem to go sequentially from light to dark so I definitely wouldn't buy this product and expect to find a color match online. The saleswoman and I found a decent match but not great. I have wanted to try this since it came out but was always deterred by the saleswomen at Ulta and Sephora who didn't like the product. I should have listened to the experts.

Video Reviews & Tutorials