February 28, 2015 | 1848 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Loritheglory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this foundation! I have oily skin and never have problems with it "sliding off" my face. I do use powder to set it though. It blends extremely well and the small bottle goes a long way. I think people might have bad experiences if they don't use the brush that is recommended with the product. I tried to avoid buying it too, but it makes a huge difference in application! I also love that you can build up the coverage-will definitely buy this foundation again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by terjavec

Great product! I have super finicky skin that typically tends to break out when I use foundation, but this stuff does quite the opposite. I use only a few drops in combination with the BE applicator for this product and my complexion looks more uniform without being heavily made up. Love this stuff

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by haleyn1101

I was wanting to try this product for awhile and my friend got her eye brows waxed and she received two samples of it. One of them happened to be in my shade. For me, it made my skin look even oiler than it already is. I was pretty disappointed:(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

I was looking high and low for a good foundation that wont emphasize lines and pores! I tried Giorgio Armani, Yves saint laurent ink fusion wear, Lancome serum foundtion. The list goes on. I saw sephora was giving out Bare minerals brightening serum foundation samples with $25.00 purchase but didn't bother picking it up thinking it was going to be of poor quality. However when i tried it out in ULTA it was a different story. I like the mineral-like smell it gives off. The coverage is surprisingly great, really great. I had to purchase a bottle. Ingredients are setting this foundation apart from other foundations! I like how it is coconut and Jojoba based. Overall I personally like this foundation 1,000 times better than the Yves Saint Laurent ink fusion wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ktamp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did not work for me at all. It might be the worst foundation I've ever tried. I am normal to dry with occasional blemishes. I am NW15-20 and I bought the color bare shell. The color match was good. When you put it on, it really does feel weightless. I used 3 drops for my whole face. I used one drop for each side of my face and a third to go over areas that I needed more coverage. I did not buy the brush. I would place a drop on the back of my hand and then dab on my face and use a buffing brush to buff into the skin. On me it was a medium coverage. It looked gorgeous when it went on. However after only a couple of hours, my face would get really shiny and greasy feeling. It clings to dry patches. If I wore it any longer than 4 hours, it would start to disappear. My face looked patchy and shiny. I tried using it with a primer and setting with different powders with no better luck.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by RecycledTeenager

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this too shiny even though I do not have greasy skin, in fact it is on the dry side on my forehead, cheeks and chin. I used it with the Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer. It took a lot more than a couple of drops! When I saw a review of it on YouTube the reviewer had to use 12 drops! Yet another reviewer on YouTube said she only used 3 drops but she is used to using a tinted moisturiser. So it is nonsense to say you only need a few drops unless you have perfect flawless skin or if you are used to using tinted moisturiser. It might be ok for someone young with no skin blemishes at all. I also bought the expensive brush that goes with it and the first few drops just disappear into it.

I found it takes me longer to put my make up on with this than with my previous foundation as it does not cover as well. I'm going to stick with it now I've paid for it as I know it is supposed to improve the condition and uneven skin tone. It does feel nice on your skin I must say, but it is too shiny for me and I do not have oily skin. I am now wondering if I should be buying a make up fixer to spray on to stop it getting shinier during the day, so this is getting more and more expensive, what with the cost of the primer, foundation and brush it has been a costly experience so I'm not too happy. I did not want to use loose powder with it to stop the shine as I used to over foundation years ago, as when you get older you are supposed to keep well away from powder as it accentuates wrinkles and especially as when you get older your skin gets dry so you shouldn't be using powder.

UPDATE - 4th December 2014

I have now given up on this. Total waste of money! Fed up with the stickiness and it never dries and would come off if you accidentally rub against someone. I have now bought Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation which at £8.99 is only 1/3 of the cost of the Bare Minerals Foundation which cost me £26. In fact the Maybelline was on a 3 for 2 offer in Boots so cost even less than that! I bought two foundations and a Dream Mousse Blush.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I got a sample of this in Bare Linen 05. This is not close to light enough for me, but I took the lightest sample. I applied it with the Sephora collection pro flawless airbrush #56. It just sat on the surface of my skin and didn't blend or cover anything. Even the tip of my nose stayed red and shiny (I am not sure why my nose was red, but it may have been from the foundation). It somehow made me look like I have bad skin, even though I don't, at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Love this foundation. I thought I would like it as I have dry skin and love serums in general and prefer a lighter coverage because I have some freckles that I like to poke through my foundation. I was unsure about buying this as the reviews weren't all positive but I reckon if you have dry skin you will love this. I only need 1, maximum 2 drops to provide enough coverage. You don't need to buy the brush, I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush and it works perfectly. Unfortunately I am the lightest shade Bare Porcelain which is slightly too dark for me but once blended it looks perfect. Love, love, love!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by anditisliz

Let me start by saying I've been using Bare Minerals powder and mineral veil since I was 16, now that I am 23 and most of the problems of my younger years (mostly acne/puberty) have faded I decided I needed something not only easier to put on but something that looked more natural. I love my BM powder but the powder is sometimes too cakey for my skin and I was looking to either get into a BB cream or a liquid foundation that offered light coverage.

I have pretty good skin for the most part, aside from a few pimples here and there but the only reason I even like to wear any foundation is because for some odd reason my face is always 2 or 3 shades lighter than my body which is really odd because it doesn't matter if it's the middle of summer and I've been out in the sun all month, my face is always lighter. On top of my face not matching my body, the area under my eyes and cheek bones is super light and doesn't match the rest of my face which makes the bags under my eyes stand out even more.
Any ways on my search I've tried quite a few bb creams and liquid foundations from the drug store and high end brands and most either were WAY too thick and offered too much coverage or just didn't look natural.

BM Liquid was the last and final product I tried and I LOVE IT.
I tried a few shades before I found the right one and it's great. I literally need just 2 drops, 3 if I want a little more coverage, and it matches and blends perfectly. I look and feel bare faced but with a nice glow. It's not too dewy and not too matte, it's more of a satin. I have combination skin and this just works for me. I bought the brush because it makes the application soo easy and it's worth the splurge since you only need to really buy it once. The foundation isn't much more $ than the powder though and now I don't have to buy the mineral veil also. I use a little of yellow color correcting cream under my eyes to counteract the purple in my bags and then top that with a dot of Benefit Erase paste and blend it then I apply the BM liquid all over. No primer, I do use a little NYX radiant finishing powder over my t-zone but besides that it's really all I need. It lasts me throughout the whole day without any touche ups and even when I sweat it doesn't look oily (and I sweat a lot, it's really annoying lol). I will continue to use this product and it really makes my skin look amazing and healthly. Can we also just take a moment to appreciate all the crap it doesn't have in it compared to other products?! Less is more and less chemicals is always a plus.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles98

This is the oiliest feeling foundation and besides all the ingredients they made this without i got the biggest breakout of life when ive never broken out from a product before, returned it in less that a week