Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

on 1/11/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I found this foundation extremely drying which really surprised me. Initailly it was applied in store by the MUA using the bare minerals primer underneath and their powder to set. My skin looked so dry and patchy. I wasn't sure if it was the combination of the 3 products used so I took a sample home to try and used it over my usual & trusted moisturiser. Again it just clung to every flake of skin and looked terrible.

on 1/5/2015 8:49:00 PM

This is terrible, I always thought the problematic ingredient in most liquid foundations for me was silicone since my skin does well with powder foundations (especially Halo and the original bare minerals). However this made my skin feel dry and caused me to to breakout. Quite a feat! The color range is limited and the shades do not seem to go sequentially from light to dark so I definitely wouldn't buy this product and expect to find a color match online. The saleswoman and I found a decent match but not great. I have wanted to try this since it came out but was always deterred by the saleswomen at Ulta and Sephora who didn't like the product. I should have listened to the experts.

on 1/3/2015 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Very light on my skin. Blends easily. I had help from the girl at Ulta and I got the bare shell color. I have only been using it about a week so I haven't noticed a difference in my skins appearance but hopefully in time. I am very pleased with this product!

on 1/3/2015 6:01:00 PM

I bought this for myself and my mother because the shades matched us so well. I have combo skin and my mom so just oily. First we both like the less is more factor, I only use a few drops for my whole face and I blend onto my neck as well. I don't use the BE brush it looked to wasteful I drop a few drops on my metal mixing pallet and used a Sephora brush (air brush#56). It blends in nice matches awesome but the crappy thing is it never really "sets". It's worse for my mom, it actually can transfer off to whatever touches her face.
The bottle is a little flawed too. You really have to shake this well before using but doing so product spills in the cap. I have to shake with my finger over the nosel just to avoid the mess and waste.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I thought I was going to love this foundation because my best-friend raved about it but it's honestly a disaster in my opinion. I have oily skin and this did not help at all, it just made my skin look 10x more oily even when I put on a good setting powder. Also another thing that I really disliked was the smell, it has the strongest paint smell. The packaging was also a bummer, it's really easy for the makeup to run down top and get all messy. Overall didn't like and won't be repurchasing.

I really, really wanted to love this foundation, but in reality, I was left really quite disapointed.
Originally I tried a sample and I wasn't overly impressed, but I thought that may have something to do with my not applying it with the Perfecting face brush; Come the end of my favourite Urban Decay naked skin foundation, I thought I'd go for it and buy the full sized Bare Minerals foundation along with the accompanying brush and I have to say, I was even more disapointed with the brush, I feel like much of the product is wasted and it doesn't blend nicely on my skin, infact it actually goes on better using my fingers! Another issue I have with this foundation, is that it doesn't match all that well with my skin, I was matched with '07 Bare Natural' as I normally wear a '4.0' in Urban Decay, but I just find the colour to be off. It isn't all bad, it does feel nice on your skin, like you do not have any foundation on, and it does give buildable coverage, but for me, I would only wear this during the day at work and not on a night out, so it isn't a very good day-to-night product, and when you're paying a good Ł24+ for a foundation, I would expect to have some versatility.

on 12/29/2014 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I love this foundation because it works perfectly on my sensitive dry skin. I have to say that I haven't buy the brush because i really think that with it you waste so much product.
I always apply with my hands, as a serum or moisturiser and with two drops i have enough for my entire face. First you could notice a weird look but when the foundation finally sits on the skin is like you were wearing nothing. Feels so light and confortable that I'm sure I will repurchase.
This is not a silicone-base foundation so it is not going to blur any rough texture of the skin. I guess you would love this if you want a very light texture tinted moisturiser that is going to unify naturally your skintone.

on 12/27/2014 6:52:00 PM

This product is very chalky looking. Even with a good setting powder it seems to move on me. When building coverage this product just makes even more of a chalky look. The color is a perfect match though.

on 12/26/2014 1:52:00 PM

For someone who doesn't use foundation that often because it's usually too thick or makes my skin look weird, this serum is really great.

It's extremely liquid, so like everyone else said, be careful. I just put a few drops onto the brush and blend it in to my skin and it creates a flawless finish. If you don't set it with powder, it looks dewey under light, so I would make sure to set it.

Definitely a must-have for people who want a somewhat lightweight foundation- but make sure you get the brush!!

on 12/26/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never tried any BE products before and this is the first product from the line I got my hands on. I saw rave reviews on how well it matches yellow/neutral skin tones and it did. I am an NC25 and 04 Bare Ivory matched me PERFECTLY and I am never "Ivory" in anything. For those who are NC25, you know how difficult it is to find a foundation that matches our NC25 skin - it's either too yellow, too orange, too pink, etc. I am glad I finally found a foundation that is a perfect match.

The foundation is extremely liquidy so be careful when you open the cap and tip it upside down. The consistency is very blendable - think L'oreal Liquid to Powder foundation but even slightly thinner. The finish isn't powdery or matte - just skin like. You really don't need much with this foundation because a few drops can blend and cover your entire face. I didn't buy that brush it's recommended to be used with but I find a flat/round top kabuki can get the job done.

Overall, I think this foundation will be ideal for those with normal to dry skin especially for winter. It is quite hydrating and looks extremely natural (unless you powder). I was surprised by the coverage and longevity this foundation offers. The coverage isn't mind blowing but it's supposed to be skin like. If you're looking for "full coverage" flawless, you will probably disappointed but if you're looking for a "natural" flawless coverage, you will love this. The one down side to this foundation is the smell. I cannot stand the smell..it smells like oil which is strange since it is an oil free foundation.

Video Reviews & Tutorials