L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof

3.7

isodecane - aqua (water) - cera alba (beeswax) - disteardimonium hectorite - carnauba wax - paraffin - alcohol denat. - allyl stearate/va copolymer - propylene carbonate - oryza sativa (rice) starch - polyvinyl laurate - peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone - synthetic wax - dimethicone - propylparaben - 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanedio - dimethiconol - sodium dna. May contain [ /- ci 77492, ci 77499, ci 77491 / iron oxides - ci 77007 / ultramarines - ci 77891 / titanium dioxide - mica - ci 75470 / carmine - ci 77288 / chromium oxide green - ci 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide]

on 5/31/2012 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ridiculously wet/watery formula for a waterproof mascara and flakes like nobody's business. I was excited when I found this in waterproof since I actually like the original formula, but this was a waste of money.

on 5/20/2012 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This has been my holy grail mascara for putting on top of non-waterproof mascaras. I like to use about 3 different mascaras because my eyelashes are really unruly and it takes a lot to get them in line. This mascara has never flaked on me. It survives through 6 hour shifts at my job at an amusement park (basically all day in the sun, sweating) and does not melt or anything. I cannot go without this mascara. Its really volumizing and gives a little length. The only gripe I really have with it is that I can only put on two coats, and then it starts to clump, but usually two coats is enough anyway. I can't wait to buy this again when my covergirl lashblast "water resistant" mascara is gone.

on 4/2/2012 8:28:00 PM

I was very disappointed in this product. It says it is waterproof but I have had non-waterproof mascaras last longer than this one did. It was always flaking and within one hour of application, I would look like I had been in a fight with a prize fighter. I had no trouble taking it off at night because just washing my face during my shower removed every trace of mascara without the need for makeup remover.

on 4/2/2012 12:31:00 AM

This is my HG mascara. I've tried many mascaras, from high end to drugstore brands, and this is the BEST. My close second is Covergirl LashBlast. Don't spend more if you don't have to! The waterproof formula keeps my lashes curled (I have straight, blah lashes normally) and they look great all day. Some minor flaking but you can manage that by not rubbing your eyes, right? I always have an extra of this in my bathroom closet just in case. Love love love.

on 3/27/2012 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After trying so many high end broducts I decided to go with one that EVERYONE and their mother is loving...and so I went w/this one and I do like it. It does last but at times I feel like it flakes a bit :-( but it beats paying $20 -$30 on a more expensive brand.

I have heard such good things but this mascara sucks!!! too watery, makes my lashes hard. nooo bueno

on 3/1/2012 2:06:00 PM

My HG is the normal version of L'oreal Voluminous mascara (not waterproof). I've been using that one (faithfully) for years & I currently still do. One day, I decided to try this one out of curiousity to see if it would make my mascara flake less. Well, I soon realized upon putting this on my lashes that the formula was a bit different than the regular version of this. It was a bit more watery, but I didn't think much of it. I have to say, this mascara did flake less...but it also made my lashes kind of stiff. Which, I didn't really mind that it made my lashes stiff, because I figured that meant good staying power. So overall, this did still look good in the end. The nightmare actually began at the end of the night when I went to take this off with my make up remover. This mascara DID NOT want to come off at all. It was so stubborn. I literally had to scrub my eyes to death in order to get this off. I had lots of lash fall out that night, more than I've had in probably the course of 5 years put together. For that reason, & that reason alone...I threw this out once I finally killed my eyes & got this stuff off, & I made a promise to never buy anything "waterproof" ever again. So, that was my long experience with this mascara. I do not reccommend any "waterproof" mascaras from any brand, to anyone. They are much more harmful & damaging to your eyelashes. I'll stick with my normal version of this mascara.

on 2/2/2012 8:20:00 PM

This mascara is so thin and runny--not voluminous at all! I can't build it very well, it lasts just so-so, and the runniness makes it hard to keep on just your lashes because if your lash touches your lid, it's smeared all over your lid. I would not purchase this again.

on 1/22/2012 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was not impressed by this I wanted to like it after hearing all the good things about it! So I got it and tried it a few times, to never use it again and throw it away! For some reason it did nothing to my lashes. I wasnt clumpy but it did nothing that made me hold on to it and use the whole tube! Sorry I wanted to love it but it is not a go to for me!

on 1/21/2012 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh my gosh, do I LOVE this mascara! Iíve tried so many high-end mascaras, and none of them seemed to do what this mascara does to my lashes. I have sparse, thin, non-existent lashes, and they tend to grow downwards... Asian lashes *shakes head* (Stubborn little .... UGH!) But this mascara makes it looks like I actually have lashes! This mascara isnít great straight out of the tube, but when you let it dry out for 2-3 weeks, my-oh-my, is this mascara fiiiine. It holds the curl of my lashes, thickens them, and elongates them sooo well! Iíve gone through probably 4 tubes of this mascara, and have yet to get sick of it. Definitely will repurchase!