July 25, 2014 | 1238 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by mchellemabellex

I first bought this foundation on whim during the winter and hated it. It emphasized all my dry patches and made me look cakey/overly made up. I was disappointed and went back to using the rimmel 25 hour foundation that was more hydrating and looked more natural throughout the winter. However, with the warmer weather, I noticed that my 25 hour foundation was making me too slick. I was at a loss, but tried the stay matte liquid mousse foundation again and now absolutely LOVE IT.

This foundation helps control my natural "dewiness" in the warmer weather and has a wonderful smooth/satiny finish. I do notice I tend to get a little shiny after a few hours of wear (but my t-zone always gets very oily during the spring/summer), but that's easily fixed with a light dusting of powder throughout the day. This also turned out to be a perfect color match (soft beige) for my olive/medium asian skin tone. Absolutely love and will continue to purchase throughout the warmer season.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

WOW! I really like this foundation! I've been at a love-hate relationship with Rimmel, and I didn't really like any of their liquid foundations. I was reading the Elle Canada mags, and it came with a sample of the Stay Matte Liquid Mousse and a $2 off coupon.

So... I tried it. And I love it!

It's got a medium-sheer coverage, great satin-ish finish, and it stays for a considerably long time, about 5 hours? 8 if I'm lucky. It doesn't have a bad smell, it didn't sink into my pores and it doesn't cake at all. It is lightweight, and doesn't feel heavy. (I forgot I even had foundation on!) The only thing I don't really like is how it's quite difficult to work into my skin, sometimes, it can come out looking a bit streaky, but I can live with that.

I'm going back to the drugstore to pick this up ASAP.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by bgr11229

I bought this foundation after seeing it advertised on their website. I have oily skin all year round and no where near clear skin so i was looking for a foundation that would cover and not look oily. I tried the revlon colourstay and ester lauder double wear but neither covered enough or came off during the day. i picked up this foundation in boots and for only 5 pounds at the time you can't go wrong. this foundation covers everything on my skin without looking cakey! it applies full coverage and paired with the stay matte powder it really does keep shine at bay. best drugstore foundation I've ever used

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been eyeing this foundation since it came out, and when Walgreens had a sale (I literally spent only $2.00) I picked this up along with a few other staples in my routine. Now this is isn't my preferred everyday foundation, but it's the only one I'll use for a special occasion and this even beats out my beloved MUFE Mat Velvet+ because its much more natural and hydrating. It has a matte finish but spray NYX Dewy setting spray and it looks much more like real, flawless skin. The shade 010 is my perfect match, maybe a bit too light but it's amazing in the pigmentation and application (sponge, brush, fingers) no matter which method I use it's still covering my face evenly and there are no streaks or line of demarcation. I couldn't ask for more perfect foundation. However, some stores don't sell the whole range of shades, like 010, the only stores I know that sell the lightest shade is Walmart and Walgreens, but always check! It's worth it if you want flawless skin! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by tracymichelle

I bought this on a recommendation from a woman I met in the makeup area in Target and I'm so glad I took her advice. If you have normal to oily skin and like full coverage, you will love this! If you don't like such full coverage, you can mix it with your primer or moisturizer and you'll get medium, rather than full, coverage. I have tried other (much more expensive) brands that didn't work to cover the redness in my cheeks, but this does. I love it. I've only worn it a few times, but every time I do I receive compliments.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by badb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have normal skin.

I found this very heavy & mask-like. It emphasized every fine line & pore. When I blotted with tissue 2 hours after application, make-up was visibly left on the tissue. The color "Ivory" definitely leans warm. This has a nice amount of dewiness to it, which I really liked, but the negatives made it so I would not repurchase. The main issue I had was with how heavy it is.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by emmacurtis8

I hated this product! I got the palest colour and it was still too dark! I put moisturiser on then put this on and it made my face look cakey and dry. I've tried this product a few times, applying it in different ways and I can't get on with it. It's too thick for my liking!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by GeoKristen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a very pale person and have a really difficult time finding a foundation that's a suitable colour for my skin and doesn't make me look like Snooki. I use the 010 Light Porcelain shade and it's the best, fairest, drugstore foundation I've tried yet. The coverage is maybe medium, it is pretty standard compared to the others I've used, and it is VERY good for oil control which I struggle with greatly. It's almost a little dry which is my only criticism so I pair it with the Olay Fresh Effects Long Live Moisture Satin Finish Lotion which is also good for shine control. It stayed on all day without getting that dirty look that some foundations get and it doesn't oxidize at all. It feels just slightly heavier than the one I was using before but not uncomfortably so, just a change.Great choice for university students, such as myself, but buy it at Walmart or Target rather than Shoppers because you will save some serious cash. I would definitely recommend this product to very fair-skinned people who are tired of that orange look and are on a budget.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not the original stay Matte. THe ORIGINAL stay matte, I wore to my engagement party. The original is an extremely sheer finish. At the time, because I was able to obtain such a perfect match in my skintone (101 porcelain only available on ebay), it worked well for me. Otherwise, I would say that one really is not worth it. Extremely sheer and only really controls oil, does not really give a matte finish.

Well the new mousse version, does provide a matte finish and I like it. Because of this matte finish, exact shade match is not so crucial. And it also does not oxidize (neither did the original I dont wear foundations that ozidize)...i am not looking for a less natural look, and this one suits me well, in fact I cant wait to go to a night club wearing this one. I have it in classic beige. If I want more pink pigment, I add L'oreal powder in shell beige. This is a good powder for it, because it absorbs like a makeup, rather than a powdery powder, and mizes well with the stay matte mousse formula. Love the squeeze tube formula...i dont know I though l'oreal magic souffle was my hg, now I am loving this one. Magic souffle will always be one of my hg's. WOrks best in the heat. But the finish is more natural matte, the stay matte is more a velvety matte, so I like it for colder weather, for indoors. I love them both. Both amazing for oily skin

this is VERY mush like the tarte amazonian clay! same texture...same EXACT consistency....the tarte is just a bit less matte. If you want that matte from the 90's look, go for the rimmel, or demi-matte go for the tarte..both are great. I prefer the rimmel stay matte because it is just slightly better in coverage and it also is amazing for the skin it will not clog pores

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by stephdev

This is one of the best foundations I've used. I love mousse foundations. I find that the coverage is very buildable and it blends well. I am very pale with neutral undertones and this is the best matching foundation I've ever used and I've tried them all.

I find it's comparable to the ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup which I also liked very much but it smelled horrid.

No breakouts while wearing this and I work 36 hour shifts....a la Grey's Anatomy :)