Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 10/17/2014 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't have oily skin so that might be why it doesn't work for me but this foundation does nothing for my skin. it's very hard to blend, the only way I can apply is with fingers as it's too solid to be blended with a sponge or brush. overall even though it gave me a natural finish, I wouldn't recommend it. it also broke me out, and I have very easygoing skin :(

on 10/17/2014 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My HG foundation for oily skin. I am a warm-toned fair-medium and I mix shades 100 Ivory (good color match but a bit grayish) and 081 Fair Ivory (a little too light but suits me very well with its pale yellow tone).

I apply this over sunscreen (Neutrogena or La Roche Posay) and this is why I have not had any problems with caking. I'm surprised at how a little goes a long way. A pearl sized amount is enough to cover my face AND neck. I use my fingers to pat it on and blend out. Sometimes I"ll buff it out with a brush (RT Expert Face Brush or the Sephora 56), but most of the time just my fingers. I set it with a variety of powders, but the Stay Matte powder works well with it.

The coverage is medium - I still have to go over some darker spots with a concealer (Maybelline Fit Me. Under eyes: Rimmel Match Perfection concealer). I feel that it fades a bit by late afternoon, mostly on the T-zone, but not in a visibly terrible way. Oil control is THE BEST I have found in a drugstore foundation. Sometimes when I am very busy at work, I realize 6-8 hours have passed and I have not touched up once. I can get away with quickly blotting my nose/chin/forehead and it still looks good. That kind of performance seems miraculous to me. Most other foundations would have slid off my face by then.

I also like the Rimmel Lasting FInish, but for humid weather / summer this foundation is my first choice.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I honestly don't understand what all the fuzz is about.
I'd heard a lot about this foundation online; people saying it was their HG and it kept them matte or whatever.
Since it wasn't that pricey I decided to order it.
When I first tried this out, I thought I'd used to much. It does feel quite smooth but this creases like nothing. It clings to any dry patches which I'm not even having a lot of. It makes the tiny hair around my nose stand out like nothing else, it doesn't keep me matte at all, no matter if I use primer or anything under this. Also it's not really blendable.
All in all I'd definitely not recommend this for any skin type.

on 10/13/2014 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wasn't too impressed with this foundation when I first bought it, but today I decided to give it another chance. BIG MISTAKE. By 12 o'clock the foundation was blotchy and dull and had basically all faded away. It looks pretty good when first put on but it doesn't last, even with primer and powder. I felt awful so made sure I bought a new foundation on my way home to cheer myself up lol.

on 10/2/2014 12:07:00 PM

I have found a foundation that gives me the medium weight I want, FULL coverage, PERFECT colors for my skin and a price tag that can't be beat! I have combination skin and it has taken me forever to find ONE that didn't cause my skin to react if I wore it too many days in a row. I was constantly changing products. All of which I didn't love. Then I found this. At $5.49 for a 1oz tube I said "what the heck". I am SO glad I did. My skin feels and looks amazing. My fiancee' actually said to me that my skin looked amazing lately. I have bought a ton of these in the color that is what I call my "winter skin color" which I have most of the year. As my luck has gone, every company usually stops selling something by the time I get around to discovering that I love it.

on 10/1/2014 8:18:00 PM

I got a sample packet to try. I tried about twice and got the same effect. My skin is oily/comb and found after I applied it - it came off like a slippery snake. Yuck! I even put mattifying powder on top to set it. I'm not happy with the product. Not my cup of tea.

on 9/29/2014 11:33:00 PM

So I'm on the fence with this one. I like the way it looks right after I apply it. But I still get just as oily as I would have if I wasn't using a foundation that is supposed to help mattify. And I get really oily. That makeup slides off your face, wish I could use this oil in my gas tank oily. So I'm not impressed with the wear of this. I will go back to my Covergirl 3-in-1 or Revlon Colorstay. Don't even know if I really want to finish this. Sad, really.

*Update: So I decided to stop using this. I put it on this morning and 2 hours later, oil was starting to peek through. Eh. So I will probably use it mixed in with moisturizer on days when I'm just running errands but that's it. Went back to my Covergirl 3-in-1.

on 9/27/2014 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation a few weeks ago mainly because I absolutely love the Stay Matte pressed powder. The foundation was very thick, but it offered amazing coverage. My skin had been breaking out and picture day at school was soon. I loved how my face looked with it. The only downside is it comes off very easily, for example if you hug someone some might come off on their shirt, very awkward. Other than that it was a good foundation for the price it was.

I really love the Stay Matte powder and Stay Matte concealer so when this was released I went and bought it straight away. I was a lot younger then and had oily teenage skin that really agreed with the foundation. The other day I bought this back out again after using the Wake Me Up foundation, also from Rimmel, for a long time. I tried it for a day at work and all I got was a cakey, powdery look. It caked up in areas like around my eyebrows and the bridge of my nose and was just not a good look. I think I'll leave the mousse foundations for the more oily skinned people now and stick to the liquid formulas.

I used to really, really love this foundation but now it's a bit much. I do like the fact that it's a mousse foundation in a tube and not a pot though.

on 9/25/2014 1:15:00 PM

This foundation is HORRIBLE. I have combination skin, and was looking for something that would "stay matte", and I haven't found a good drugstore foundation (other than Sonia Kashuk TM) so I figured I would just throw it out if it didn't work out. It actually made something on my cheek look like a pimple that wasn't. That was a first for me. It dragged over my skin, covering nothing but highlighting dry patches and pores along the way. It was so bad that I couldn't bring myself to wear it all day. I wasn't planning to go out, but I felt so self-conscious wearing it, I had to take it off.

Video Reviews & Tutorials