Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 1/24/2015 1:25:00 PM

I love this foundation. It is cheap, but has a high quality look and feel which is much better than some name brand foundations I have used. I use this product after washing my face with dove bar soap (which I highly recommend for anyone with sensitive, acne-prone skin) and moisturizing. Only a small, pea sized drop of this foundation goes a LONG way and leaves a smooth, matte finish. I use a beauty blender to apply and then smooth it out with clean fingers if need be. A brush would work as well. I suggest setting it with Rimmel's Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder and then using a setting spray(I use NYX's matte finish). I absolutely love this product!

on 1/12/2015 4:29:00 AM

After I reviewed you-tube and saw somebody test this, I went and bought it. Turned out, #203-True beige was too orange and dark for me. I'm med-toned Asian and it was still to dark for me. The formula is decent for the money but I don't use it.

on 1/12/2015 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've tried Laura Mercier, Benefit, Estee Lauder, MAC, and Tarte foundations. I am very impressed with Rimmel, particularly the Stay Matte Liquid Mousse product. I use 200 along with the rimmel pressed powder (sandstorm) and my skin looks flawless. It looks natural, but not so natural that my other make up (lipstick, eyeliner, mascara) sticks out in stark contrast. My skin looks poreless and perfect, but not fake. The color match is spot on and lasting power is phenomenal. My only precaution is that the pressed powder does not offer the same shades as the mousse, so if you decide to air brush the look you may have to try different combinations of mousse and powder.

I couldn't ask for more! Rimmel please do not change or discontinue this product.

on 1/11/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I haven't had the best luck with Rimmel foundations, they have always been too dark for me (#paleprincessproblems) and I was in the store one day I swatched it and it actually matched. It was around $5.30 at my local K-Mart. It kept me matte pretty much all day, not that I wear makeup all day. It's a full coverage foundation and a little bit goes a long way. I don't like the fact that it clings to my dry patches (hello Chicago winters) and there isn't really a great shade selection. Pro tip: blend fast because it sets really quickly

on 1/4/2015 5:40:00 AM

I dont use this as a foundation because I think its too heavy and would crease a lot. But I do use it as a concealer and its really great for that because it has thick coverage but it spreads nicely. The packaging is really nice and sturdy and it is definitely matte.

on 12/29/2014 8:07:00 PM

Made me breakout. Feels heavy. Not much colours to choose from and looks cakey-.-

on 12/29/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So I was browsing CVS one day and came across this product. At this time I was breaking out and looking for something that would control my oily t zone and literally mask any and all imperfections. It was only like 5 dollars so I figured I'd get it since it was such a bargain.

I bought it in 203 true beige. It covered everything wonderfully, no setting powder needed, it was feathery light on my face just as it said on the packaging, and matched my skin tone. Although there are many pros to this product, the cons for me personally outweigh the pros. I moisturized before applying this foundation and it still managed to accentuate dry patches on my face which was a no-no. It did end up oxidizing a bit darker than the initial application, and worst of all it breaks me out when ever I use it :(

The product itself is great, but like I said the cons make it so I would't repurchase this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Extremely good coverage if you have acne/redness. However doesnt last very long so by the end of the day my redness is visible. Can look quite cakey depending on how you apply it, overall wouldn't use it again.

on 12/25/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Keeps you matte all day (My shade was 201 Classic Beige, it was neutral/pinky toned). Would be AMAZING for Oily-Very Oily skin! I have Combination, so this looked HORRIBLE on my dry patches. It is VERY full coverage. I would recommend this for a special occasion or interview, unless you like heavy coverage everyday. (A little goes a long way. Applying too much will make it look cakey and it will feel heavy on your skin.) Also there are very limited shades.

on 12/23/2014 7:57:00 AM

I haven't been on my MUA account in forever, but I decided to log in just to review this foundation because I hated it so much. I was excited to try this because of all the rave reviews, but as soon as I applied it I started wondering how different everyone else's skin must be from mine. I mean I'm a pretty pale girl so I got the first two shades to see which one would work. The lightest is literally pink. Not even cool toned or neutral, just straight Patrick Star pink with maybe a hint of orange. The next shade up would probably be okay on some people but on me just looked like a weird dark orangey tan. Plus it's hard to blend evenly and clings to any dry spots. And I have oily skin.. I honestly think this foundation creates dry spots that weren't even there to begin with. Try this if you're looking for a full coverage, dark orange, dry cakey mask.

Video Reviews & Tutorials