November 29, 2014 | 1010 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by McMillanB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only drugstore foundation that actually matches my pale skin and it doesn't oxidize. However it doesn't apply well and has a very cakey look. I have dry skin so I can't say what it does for oil control.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by jazzano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My new HG foundation!
Stays on all day and stays matte and smooth. Medium to full coverage that doesn't look cakey. I work with children and they're always the first to comment if my makeup is obvious or looks funny and I get no comments or questions about my acne when I wear this foundation.
Super inexpensive for the quality and matches my pale but yellowy skin so well!
Love love love!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ok let me start off by saying that I have oily skin which is why I tried this foundation. I do not find that it really controls oil but that is not the reason that I do not like it. The color i chose is a perfect match for my skin and it does look good on but I can not rate it any higher than 2 lippies because it is so thick it is very difficult to apply. The price is good but because it does not spread well i end up using to much and i have not found a way to make this work well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by deena36

I obviously did not search for its reviews when I purchased this; the main problem is that I have dry skin. When I tested it on the back of my hand, it felt smooth, and gave a good coverage. However, when I actually applied it onto my face, the foundation dried my skin into flakes no matter how I tried to moisturize my skin before use. I think it might have a much better result on me if my skin was acne-free, but at the moment I'm not a fan of this mousse foundation at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by maddison123

Why did you change the formula rimmel? The old stay matte was perfect on my skin ( watered down with a little moisturiser) , but this new formula is heavier and has made me break out!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Kami98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved this product but I can see why some may not.

Firstly this product is not designed for dry skin so if you do have dry skin you should make sure to exfoliate regularly to prevent flaking skin as well as moisturize prior to application.

Typically I use a beauty blender to apply foundation however due to the thick mousse like texture of this foundation I elected to use my hands. The warmth from your hands helps the product blend into the skin and I find application with hand ensures an even fuller coverage. You could probably also use a flat top brush to apply the foundation but it would take a lot of time and blending.

This product is thick and heavy. As a result you get a beautiful and absolutely flawless finish but it is normally noticeable you are wearing makeup. I find I don't have to use a lot of concealer when I use this foundation. Also due to the thickness you can feel the product on your face although not heavily. In addition I believe the thickness can cause some shininess throughout the day which can easily be combated with a bit of powder of blotting.

This is a long wear foundation. I keep my makeup on some days for 16 hours and it is still fully on by the time I have to wash my face. It wears really nicely aside from the bit of shininess I previously mentioned. This is a matte product and it goes on matte. It stays matte pretty well for the most part aside from the shiny bits that pop up in the t zone.

If you have fair skin and have difficulty finding a color light enough to match I find the lightest shade matches my face extremely well.

This is an inexpensive product which is one of the best things about it. I purchased it for around $5 which I think is an amazing deal. I will say that I found I went through it rather quickly though. I don't feel bad about it since it's so cheap to repurchase but I though it was worth mentioning.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Glenadam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It's full coverage. Keeps you matte and and only $4.99! It last all day and stays in place. A little amount goes a long way since it's thick, I use my fingers to blend and set it with stay matte pressed powder (also my hg) the only thing though is the color selection, the darkest color is sand, which is not very dark, I'm using true beige which is the color above sand, I have medium skin tone with warm to neutral tone, and this foundation is a little bit on the pink side, true beige is not too much but I've seen the other ones are more pink undertone. I went to Florida and got tan so I can't use this foundation right now, I will have to wait till fall since I'm lighter during fall and winter, and also I make sure my face is moisturizers when I put this on since it can be drying, I have normal skin but I've never looked dry when I use this, my skin looks flawless, I highly recommend this product. I love it so much I already bought a back up! I hope they don't discontinue :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by londonn21

When I had first heard about this, I was skeptical because it's a thicker formula. I didn't want something that would clog my pores and make me breakout. Turns out, this is probably my favorite of the Rimmel foundations. I find it's best applied with fingers and a little pea size goes a LONG way. It gives great coverage and it keeps me matte. I put on the stay matte powder (which is the only powder I use or always go back to) and I'm set. Even though I'm almost always warm/sweating, this does a great job go keep me matte. And it's very affordable!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Stephmatos07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible variation for skin color. I picked the darkest color and it was still way too light for me. Hated this product it was a waste of money. Ended up throwing it away. Would not purchase again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I have given up all other foundations, from department store to drug store, for this stuff! I absolutely love it! My face has stopped breaking out (not sure if that's hormones or the makeup) It stays put all day and no cakeyness here! I do have to dab a small bit of moisturizer under my eyes after I put my foundation on and that keeps it from settling into places I would rather keep hidden from the world ;-) I have had sweat running down my face, been tossed in a pool and fell asleep in it ... It doesn't bugde! My skin is combo and I've had a few dry patches that it WILL accentuate, so watch for that. Otherwise, I'd rather trade my hubby, my dogs and my kids before giving up my Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation! OK, not really, but you get the idea! HG status here! Plus, its on sale on the Ulta website right now, so I bought several (I mix the two lighter colors to get my color) I believe its buy one, get one half off or some such thing. Anyway, it was cheap. So yeah, I highly recommend!
K, last thing...I put a small line of each color on my CLEAN fingertip...mix them together with my other CLEAN fingertip....dot it all over and smear it like it's sunscreen. That seems to be the best way to keep it even and streak free. It is very opaque on me but doesn't look like I've slapped 10lbs of junk on my face. LOVE!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No