Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 12/25/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Keeps you matte all day (My shade was 201 Classic Beige, it was neutral/pinky toned). Would be AMAZING for Oily-Very Oily skin! I have Combination, so this looked HORRIBLE on my dry patches. It is VERY full coverage. I would recommend this for a special occasion or interview, unless you like heavy coverage everyday. (A little goes a long way. Applying too much will make it look cakey and it will feel heavy on your skin.) Also there are very limited shades.

on 12/23/2014 7:57:00 AM

I haven't been on my MUA account in forever, but I decided to log in just to review this foundation because I hated it so much. I was excited to try this because of all the rave reviews, but as soon as I applied it I started wondering how different everyone else's skin must be from mine. I mean I'm a pretty pale girl so I got the first two shades to see which one would work. The lightest is literally pink. Not even cool toned or neutral, just straight Patrick Star pink with maybe a hint of orange. The next shade up would probably be okay on some people but on me just looked like a weird dark orangey tan. Plus it's hard to blend evenly and clings to any dry spots. And I have oily skin.. I honestly think this foundation creates dry spots that weren't even there to begin with. Try this if you're looking for a full coverage, dark orange, dry cakey mask.

on 12/16/2014 12:18:00 AM

Love this stuff!
Keep trying out different products but always come back to this one. Doesn't break my skin out or make me feel super oily. (I buy 103 true ivory).
It blends really nicely with a damp sponge and I find the staying power pretty awesome. I put it on and then did a 10.5 hour hike and my makeup looked like I had just applied it!

Says its a liquid mousse but I don't really get why the "liquid" is there. It's more creamy than liquid.

on 12/15/2014 7:23:00 PM

I'm currently on my second tube of this foundation and I'm finding it great so far! It is very very high coverage and some might find it a bit cakey but after using a lot of other matte foundations it really isn't in comparison. I apply this with my fingers as I feel it gives best results, it does need a lot of rubbing for it to dry, and I don't think you really need a powder with this as it dries quite powdery.

The colours do suck but I mix the very lightest and the very darkest (I don't know why but this works) to get a medium colour that isn't available.

If you can be bothered to mix colours I'd definitely recommend this product!

on 12/12/2014 3:48:00 PM

I use this only on bad skin days, as it is super high coverage. But I give it 5 lippies because it delivers high coverage very well! This is one of the few things I apply with my fingers. I know the shade range sucks for most people, but the two lightest shades are perfect for me when I'm varying degrees of pale. I don't have dry spots (I am obsessed with moisturizing) and I don't really get oily but man do I break out sometimes, despite RX meds and creams and gels. When I do, I can still feel confident in this, and even get compliments on my skin!! I'll always have two tubes of this in my makeup bag.

on 12/7/2014 12:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm really enjoying this foundation. It is definitely NOT for anyone who has dry skin because it will cling to dry patches. It's medium to full coverage and it's definitely good to use very little at a time because if you put too much on at a time it can look very cakey (I learned this the first time I used it). I don't need to use any powder on my T-zone when I'm using this foundation. There's not the greatest color range to choose from which is also a con, but I've found that this seems to be the norm for Rimmel. The packaging is ok, but it's hard to control how much you're squeezing out when you're starting to run low. I'm not sure what kind of packaging would work better for this type of formula though (maybe a tub container like the Revlon whipped mousse foundation).

on 12/4/2014 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just went out and bought four more bottles 😄❤️ Yikes! 10 out of 10

on 11/27/2014 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I want to like it, I really do. Having said that, I'm afraid I am not a fan of this foundation.

For starters, I bought this thinking it was just a repackaging of the "Stay Matte + Skinpure Complex." I loved that product! It was stupid of me not to pay more attention. I saw "Stay Matte" and immediately grabbed it up. For starters, this is (clearly, to anyone who actually looks at things before purchasing) mousse, not liquid. In fairness it's in a tube, and doesn't have a pump. That is odd to me for the density of this foundation, but that's just me.

I used it for the first time and as soon as it came out of the tube I knew this was a losing fight for me. I used it after moisturizing, and it was a nasty, cake-y mess that amplified every dry spot on my face. It almost felt like a mask. I immediately removed it because I was so unhappy.

The next time I tried it I decided to mix it with a little bit of moisturizer to loosen it up, and thin it out a bit. It definitely applied easier that way, but I was still unhappy with the feel & appearance of it after I set it. Unfortunately, for me, this product will be handed down to my niece.

on 11/27/2014 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation although there are some cons.
For me this foundation covered everything which I absolutely loved because I have dark spots & a few blemishes. A tube of this foundation last a long time because it's got such a high coverage so you don't need much.
But what I found from using this foundation & then going to school is that it gets very oily very fast & that's unusual for my skin because my skin is so dry. It also begins to turn a bit pinkish after a couple hours which is very strange.

I am a big fan of Rimmel's foundations so I bought this just out of curiosity. I am very pale and bought the shade Light Porcelain which is a touch too light for my skin. This foundation is very high coverage, thick and tricky to blend. I found the best way to blend is to use the Real Technique Miracle sponge. I do have combination skin, so if I don't moisturiser it will cling to dry patches.

Pros:
*Fantastic coverage, I would definitely say it would be great for people with acne scars or redness.
*Great value for money.
*The shade 'light porcelain' is a good pale shade, no orange at all.
*Lasts a very long time which is great for long, working days.

Cons:
*Clings to dry patches, even if you moisturise very thoroughly.
*Very awkward to blend, requires extra effort otherwise it looks cakey.
*Depending on your preference, this foundation is very thick and feels like a thick mask on your skin, however some people may like this.

Overall, I give this 3 stars because it is a decent, high coverage foundation however it has a few cons. I probably wouldn't re purchase as it is very difficult to blend and quite cakey. I would recommend testing a sample first.

Video Reviews & Tutorials