Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A very sub-par drugstore foundation. The shade range is very narrow, with all of the shades running dark compared to what you'd expect based on the names/packaging. It also oxidized a LOT on me, to the point where it looked like I had caked my whole face in a bad shade of bronzer. The consistency of the product is very unpleasant. It's a very heavy mousse that I found difficult to blend, and it had a greasy, unnatural feel on the skin. I also felt like it emphasized my pores.

I didn't find the wear time to be particularly good OR bad; that's the one positive thing I can say, it did do a decent job of keeping my skin from getting oily. But if you're an oily-skinned girl in search of a good drugstore foundation, check out Rimmel's Lasting Finish 25Hr instead. Better coverage and longevity, without the terrible texture of the Stay Matte.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin and so I thought a mousse foundation would be the answer to my prayers. Not so much, at least with this. It looks very cakey on me and there's not a color to suit my skin tone. If you have yellow/olive skin this will likely make you look pinkish or just very unnatural. I tried the soft beige. It looks too much like I have makeup on, I just prefer a natural look.It's not easy to apply due to its texture. Will not use again :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product has a mousse texture which I personally do not enjoy, it makes it difficult to apply and I often end up applying too much. It also sinks into fine lines and smells too much like makeup. It is oil free which is good, but it also means that if there is any flakiness on your face it will be immediately noticeable! The colour I chose is in ivory, which matches my skin well. Another negative point is that it oxidises quickly and doesn't stay put, even with a good primer. Do not purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not a product I would ever buy again, that's for sure! The shades are terrible, I have tried 3 different shades and all are really dark and pink toned! So there's a lippie knocked off there. The formula is very strange, mousse like but also oily?! And it's supposed to be matte! The texture is very thick and even with one thin layer it looks like you're wearing 10 pounds of makeup. Just overall a horrible product. Do not buy.

This product has the "mousse" texture. Very thick consistency. Medium coverage but feels like full since its so heavy! Dries super matte. Looks ashy on the face and more on the pink side. Its not usable. HORRIBLE.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this stuff sucks. it settles into pores and does not provide much coverage. I guess that's what you get for buying cheap drug store foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this foundation last summer & love it! It has no scent but I am not sensitive to most foundation scents. I wear #100 Ivory. It's a great match going on! It wears really nicely over Hard Candy Sheer Envy matte primer (sky blue tube) & under Rimmel Stay Matte Powder #011 Creamy Natural. I don't like it over the Rimmel Stay Matte primer. I think it applies strangely over that, as in balling up. It doesn't oxidize or fade away over my work shifts where I get oily, sweaty, & hot easily. It seems to control my oil as the name says. I'm really impressed by how well it reduces the redness around my nose w/out accentuating the dry patches that occur there. That's the only spot I get any dryness since my skin is mostly oily. It's not heavy on the face. It camouflages my freckles & slight ruddiness to a great degree. My freckles barely peek through w/one layer & they don't bother me. I love how I can use my fingers to smooth it on. It blends like a dream! I tried a wedge sponge but it wasn't a technique I'd use all the time. I like the sponge to dab more on red areas when needed. Packaging is really cute, as usual w/Rimmel products. I adore the crowns! The squeeze tube is efficient & sanitary. The price is nice, also @ $4-$6 per tube.

Feel so uncomfortable on my skin the first time I used this. By the evening my face developed a few tiny bumps. Its only saving grace is that it did keep my oily face matte for a few hours. But maybelline dream matte mousse can easily do that too without breaking me out.

This thing is beyond AWFUL! I broke out like never with this foundation! Nevertheless, since I have a normal to dry skin this stayed really cakey because of its thick consistency. Although I really liked the full-coverage, I wouldn't repurchase this.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really love this foundation. It's great for oily skin. Lasts a long time and covers well. The price is good and the packaging. The only problem I have with this is the color range. There's only 8 colors and the best I could do was103 true ivory. It's very pink on me but i can't go any lighter or darker. It's the best foundation there is for oily skin if only there were more colors to choose from. It's thicker than other liquid foundations but it doesn't feel heavy or sticky. I really love it but I can't use it since none of the colors match. Sad :(

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation~First Impression/Review by AlexaMarieMakeup

NEW Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation - First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin

Drugstore acne coverage foundation | Review of Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation by Natasha Ohara

Review | Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation ? by SerafinBeauty