Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 11/7/2014 1:05:00 PM

I personally love this foundation! one little squeeze of it goes a long way! i recommend this to anyone who wants a good drugstore foundation. the price is good as well. I blend mine in with a small stipple brush and it gives a great finish

on 11/3/2014 9:20:00 PM

I am a Mac foundation junkie BUT I love this foundation. A little goes a long way. I set this with my Mac studio fix powder and wow it gives a great finish.

on 10/31/2014 12:41:00 PM

so I've reviewed this foundation before, I honestly hated it so much when I first purchased it. But I hate throwing makeup away so it sat in my drawer for a few months,and a couple days ago I came across it and decided to give it a second try. I have been under the impression that my skin is dry because one of the ladies at ulta told me I had incredibly dry skin, however I've come to the realization that I'm actually quite oily/combo. So I figured maybe I could find a way to use this matte foundation. I actually really liked it upon trying it again. I applied it with a damp sponge, it blended really well and dried quickly. it gave me sort of a powdery finish. I think my issue before was that I was using way too much product, because it would cake up and settle into pores before. A little goes a very long way with this foundation. Using too much will make you cakey pretty quick. But I am actually really enjoying this along with the stay matte powder. it literally stays on my face all day. seriously I woke up this morning and still had foundation on my face. The packaging is really great too. Worth a shot if you like mousse foundations and have oily skin!

on 10/22/2014 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation is a blessing for people with skin like mine. I am oily everywhere, not just in my T-zone. And the oil is just ridiculous. I've tried everything and nothing has worked. I just always end up looking like the sweatiest slime ball by the end of the day. This foundation is a little tough to blend, and the color selections are a little off. I think the one I have is too light. Also, it does not photograph well. It makes you look very washed out. However, it does the job of not making me stay matte ALL day, but a lot longer than any other of my previous foundations, and for that I'm super thankful. I do NOT recommend this foundation for people who have dry, or even normal skin. It will bring out all of your dry patches. I only suggest this foundation for people who are super oily like myself.

on 10/17/2014 10:15:00 AM

Great coverage but makes me break out in cysts

on 10/17/2014 6:22:00 AM

Love this product!
Leaves my skin feeling a bit sticky, however I use the Stay Matte pressed powder and it fixes that!
I use the Soft beige, which is a perfect match!
Super easy to apply, as it is a thicker formula aswell as its a MOUSSE!
I could not wait for it to come out!!! (I WAS SO EXCITED!!!! :D)
It has awesome coverage, which is great for me as I have uneven skin tones and redness!
So happy with this product! :)
Good luck x

on 10/17/2014 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't have oily skin so that might be why it doesn't work for me but this foundation does nothing for my skin. it's very hard to blend, the only way I can apply is with fingers as it's too solid to be blended with a sponge or brush. overall even though it gave me a natural finish, I wouldn't recommend it. it also broke me out, and I have very easygoing skin :(

on 10/17/2014 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My HG foundation for oily skin. I am a warm-toned fair-medium and I mix shades 100 Ivory (good color match but a bit grayish) and 081 Fair Ivory (a little too light but suits me very well with its pale yellow tone).

I apply this over sunscreen (Neutrogena or La Roche Posay) and this is why I have not had any problems with caking. I'm surprised at how a little goes a long way. A pearl sized amount is enough to cover my face AND neck. I use my fingers to pat it on and blend out. Sometimes I"ll buff it out with a brush (RT Expert Face Brush or the Sephora 56), but most of the time just my fingers. I set it with a variety of powders, but the Stay Matte powder works well with it.

The coverage is medium - I still have to go over some darker spots with a concealer (Maybelline Fit Me. Under eyes: Rimmel Match Perfection concealer). I feel that it fades a bit by late afternoon, mostly on the T-zone, but not in a visibly terrible way. Oil control is THE BEST I have found in a drugstore foundation. Sometimes when I am very busy at work, I realize 6-8 hours have passed and I have not touched up once. I can get away with quickly blotting my nose/chin/forehead and it still looks good. That kind of performance seems miraculous to me. Most other foundations would have slid off my face by then.

I also like the Rimmel Lasting FInish, but for humid weather / summer this foundation is my first choice.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I honestly don't understand what all the fuzz is about.
I'd heard a lot about this foundation online; people saying it was their HG and it kept them matte or whatever.
Since it wasn't that pricey I decided to order it.
When I first tried this out, I thought I'd used to much. It does feel quite smooth but this creases like nothing. It clings to any dry patches which I'm not even having a lot of. It makes the tiny hair around my nose stand out like nothing else, it doesn't keep me matte at all, no matter if I use primer or anything under this. Also it's not really blendable.
All in all I'd definitely not recommend this for any skin type.

on 10/13/2014 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wasn't too impressed with this foundation when I first bought it, but today I decided to give it another chance. BIG MISTAKE. By 12 o'clock the foundation was blotchy and dull and had basically all faded away. It looks pretty good when first put on but it doesn't last, even with primer and powder. I felt awful so made sure I bought a new foundation on my way home to cheer myself up lol.

Video Reviews & Tutorials