April 16, 2014 | 1651 users online

Pressed Powders - Laura Mercier - Pressed Setting Powder - Translucent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by northender

Great basic translucent pressed powder. A little goes a loooonngg way, is truly "translucent" meaning it doesn't chalk out on my NC47 skin, and eliminates shine after I slather on sunscreen-moisturizer. Silky texture and doesn't cause breakouts. My eyeshadow lasts all day and doesn't crease when I use this. Doesn't really enhance my skin but doesn't detract from it as well - thus, great to set your makeup. For that purpose, it is a "5" in my book. Chic compact makes it portable and easy to travel with. Fairly priced at $30.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2007 5:37:00 PM More reviews by soradical

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely in love with this powder, it goes on so smooth and light, just a nice clear finish - find a little pricey but with Laura Mercier, I guess that's normal. Her products are really great, though. Was recommended this to use with the oil-free tinted moisturizer and it's been a really nice combination. I find it similar to the TLeClerc Banane powder which I've used before but this definitely feels much softer and smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by robynlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Will never use any other powder again. I am obsessed. It goes on completely clear for me (I am PPP) and I don't reapply at all during the day. I use a power puff to able and gently press it on. It's one of my favorite products and I love that I'm not adding another color to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2007 8:10:00 AM More reviews by everose

I'm on my second compact of this, and I am surprised that I haven't thought to review it until now. This is a completely translucent, finely-milled powder that blots shine and keeps shine away for probably 6 or 7 hours before I need to reapply. It doesn't look cakey or clog pores. Great product, and lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2007 6:46:00 PM More reviews by nkmd

This product (unlike many others) did not clog my pores and cause me to break out. If you do not need to use a powder on the go, I definitely recommend you use the loose powder instead. This is because the pressed powder doesn't (at least initially) appear completely translucent and needs to be "blended" a bit. It appears with a yellowish tint in the compact. A little bit goes a long way, my compact lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2006 12:37:00 PM More reviews by bubbles246

LOVE this powder! It does cast a white finish on your face, but that lasts about five minutes. By the time I am at work, it's gone.

I LOVE how it makes my complexion look in photographs! My skin looks all creamy and smooth. This is expensive but I DOT NOT CARE! I think I have found my HG powder. This is my first LM product, and I am seriously considering switching to her foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2006 2:06:00 PM More reviews by DubsBelle

PROS:

- Soft velvety texture

- Airbrushed finish

CONS:

- Leaves a pale cast on face

- NOT translucent

- Average oil control

- Expensive

Conclusion: I am a former Mac Blot user, but had to stop using it b/c it broke me out. I purchased LM’s translucent pressed powder hoping it would be a nice replacement. While this pressed powder gives a nice airbrushed look, the pale cast on my NC40 skin tone is way too obvious! IT IS NOT TRANSLUCENT! I tried to apply it (dabbing) and with a brush and puff but still—ghostly look on my face! No thanks. Plus, the oil control properties were just *ok*…I still prefer mac blot- if I could use it :(
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2006 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Girlythings

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the second product that I purchase from Laura Mercier and I just love it!! The powder works awesome! Before, I was oily on my face by the time it was 10 a.m. Now, I don't need any touch-ups until 2 or 3 p.m.!! What I love about this powder is that it doesn't make me look ashy, and it doesn't dry out my skin. Most importantly is that it doesn't break me out. At first the white color scared me, but the make-up chick said it would never show on my skin--and she was right! p.s. it pays to apply in the dabbing manner that they show you. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2006 6:26:00 PM More reviews by paradive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great translucent powder for setting make-up and also for touch-ups. It has a nice texture and mattifies the skin without looking cakey or adding color. You only need the lightest pat of this (I use it with my LM Velour powder puff) to kill any shine and excess oils. I have a travel size from a GWP that I always keep in my bag. The compact isn't the prettiest thing in the world, but it does the job and has nice sized mirror. The compact has plenty of powder left, even after months of use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2006 10:48:00 AM More reviews by richwhiteness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an excellent powder. I'm very fair and oily and have a hard time finding powders that don't darken on my skin. This is one of the few that I can use with no problems. Controls oil very well (close second to MAC blot) and never looks cakey or dull. In fact, it gives my skin a lovely glow, which is why I prefer it to MAC. My only gripe with this powder is the case. I think it's pretty hideous, especially for the price. But the product is exceptional so an ugly compact isn't such a big deal.