Laura Mercier Pressed Setting Powder - Translucent

3.9

Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Butylparaben. /- May contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Carmine (Cl 75470).

on 9/5/2007 8:57:00 PM

I may buy the loose powder next because I know someone who looks flawless in the loose powder. The sponge is useless so I use a kabuki type brush to dust around my eyes and nose, and tzone to eliminate oil. It feels like Im not wearing anything. I use a color, 002 or something, not translucent, and I love it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

The loose powder is far superior. Being a Laura fan I bought this five times until I migrated to the loose powder. I won't make that mistake a sixth time. This is a good product for touch ups but not much else. Hate the sponge.
If you have money to burn on Laura there are other things. I think it is just the translucent that is "average" because her other pressed powders are more than fine, even excellent. I wouldn't kick this powder out of bed if I got it for free but have now converted to the loose powder if I'm buying.
If you want to buy a pressed powder for portability, T Leclerc's translucent or banane is a much better buy. Yes it pains me to say that because Laura Mercier can do no wrong, but I am here to say the truth even if it hurts.

on 6/13/2007 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Great basic translucent pressed powder. A little goes a loooonngg way, is truly "translucent" meaning it doesn't chalk out on my NC47 skin, and eliminates shine after I slather on sunscreen-moisturizer. Silky texture and doesn't cause breakouts. My eyeshadow lasts all day and doesn't crease when I use this. Doesn't really enhance my skin but doesn't detract from it as well - thus, great to set your makeup. For that purpose, it is a "5" in my book. Chic compact makes it portable and easy to travel with. Fairly priced at $30.

on 3/21/2007 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely in love with this powder, it goes on so smooth and light, just a nice clear finish - find a little pricey but with Laura Mercier, I guess that's normal. Her products are really great, though. Was recommended this to use with the oil-free tinted moisturizer and it's been a really nice combination. I find it similar to the TLeClerc Banane powder which I've used before but this definitely feels much softer and smoother.

on 3/13/2007 8:32:00 PM

Will never use any other powder again. I am obsessed. It goes on completely clear for me (I am PPP) and I don't reapply at all during the day. I use a power puff to able and gently press it on. It's one of my favorite products and I love that I'm not adding another color to my skin.

on 2/8/2007 8:10:00 AM

I'm on my second compact of this, and I am surprised that I haven't thought to review it until now. This is a completely translucent, finely-milled powder that blots shine and keeps shine away for probably 6 or 7 hours before I need to reapply. It doesn't look cakey or clog pores. Great product, and lasts forever.

on 1/3/2007 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product (unlike many others) did not clog my pores and cause me to break out. If you do not need to use a powder on the go, I definitely recommend you use the loose powder instead. This is because the pressed powder doesn't (at least initially) appear completely translucent and needs to be "blended" a bit. It appears with a yellowish tint in the compact. A little bit goes a long way, my compact lasts a long time.

on 11/2/2006 12:37:00 PM

LOVE this powder! It does cast a white finish on your face, but that lasts about five minutes. By the time I am at work, it's gone.

I LOVE how it makes my complexion look in photographs! My skin looks all creamy and smooth. This is expensive but I DOT NOT CARE! I think I have found my HG powder. This is my first LM product, and I am seriously considering switching to her foundation.

on 10/27/2006 2:06:00 PM

PROS:

- Soft velvety texture

- Airbrushed finish

CONS:

- Leaves a pale cast on face

- NOT translucent

- Average oil control

- Expensive

Conclusion: I am a former Mac Blot user, but had to stop using it b/c it broke me out. I purchased LM’s translucent pressed powder hoping it would be a nice replacement. While this pressed powder gives a nice airbrushed look, the pale cast on my NC40 skin tone is way too obvious! IT IS NOT TRANSLUCENT! I tried to apply it (dabbing) and with a brush and puff but still—ghostly look on my face! No thanks. Plus, the oil control properties were just *ok*…I still prefer mac blot- if I could use it :(
continued >>

on 9/18/2006 1:00:00 AM

This is the second product that I purchase from Laura Mercier and I just love it!! The powder works awesome! Before, I was oily on my face by the time it was 10 a.m. Now, I don't need any touch-ups until 2 or 3 p.m.!! What I love about this powder is that it doesn't make me look ashy, and it doesn't dry out my skin. Most importantly is that it doesn't break me out. At first the white color scared me, but the make-up chick said it would never show on my skin--and she was right! p.s. it pays to apply in the dabbing manner that they show you. :)