Clinique Stay True [DISCONTINUED]

Clinique Stay True [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

water purified, cyclomethicone, propylene glycol, tea-stearate, kaolin, glyceryl stearate, tea-isostearate, steareth2, magnesium aluminum silicate, polyethylene, steareth 20, cellulose gum, alumina, xantham gum, trisodium edta, imidazolidinyl urea, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: talc, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines, bismuth oxychloride, mica, carmine.

on 11/9/2006 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Bought this based on MUA reviews. First, this is one of Clinique's original lines of foundation and thus, they have phased out shades leaving a very few options. The color sold to me was WAY too light. Even leaving the store I knew I would be returning it (don't ask...). I returned it today and was given Superfit instead. We'll see how that works out.

on 10/28/2006 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have recently re-discovered this foundation and am so happy I did! This is one of the first foundations I used when I was in high school....I'm now 28. I am a PPP, use the lightest shade, have combo/oily/sens/acne prone skin. This foundation gives a wonderful matte finish that LASTS. For days that I want a more "polished" look, I do end up touching up with powder or oil blotter papers about half way through the day. This foundation covers blemishes, blemish scars, reddiness (I have some around my cheeks), doesn't settle into fine lines, doesn't settle into pores, doesn't cause breakouts or clog my pores, and looks flawless....yet I can't feel that I have anything on my face! Woohoo! I say this is a buildable medium coverage foundation....but depending on how you apply it, it could pass as light or full coverage. I do wish that it had a pump and I remember years ago wishing the same thing. I love this foundation and when I set it with Clinique's Blended Face Powder (their loose powder), it gives me a flawless finish! A+++ for this foundation! To compare it with others, it wears longer for me and provides more coverage than MK Medium Coverage Foundation and also BB Oil Free Foundation, it feels better on my skin and doesn't look like a mask like LM Oil Free did for me, and gives a better overall finish and wear than Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra did for me, and it isn't as heavy feeling or itchy as EL Double Wear foundation can be (however imo, Double Wear is a true full coverage foundation so it isn't exactly compairing apples to apples, but just thought I would put this in, in case it would help someone).

on 9/18/2006 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been on the search for a good oil-free foundation and I have found the perfect one for me. The Clinique Stay True is simply the best. I have tried several of the Clinique and several of the Estee Lauder along with Mary Kay and many others. The Stay True goes on easy, covers great and smoothes out very evenly. The color match with me is perfect. It looks as good at the end of the day as it does when you first put it on in the morning which is a big PLUS!!! It doesn't settle into my large pores or fade out midday like others I have tried. My skin is extremely oily so i do have to touch my nose with powder midday but that is nothing. This is a terrific product and I would recommend to anyone with oily skin.

on 9/9/2006 10:31:00 AM

I have used this off and on for 10 years! I really like this foundation and it's one of the few that comes in a shade light enough for me (I'm a Stay Ivory). It has good coverage that helps even out my rosacea redness and doesn't look thick or cakey. My only complaint is the bottle, I wish it came in a pump to avoid touching my sponge to the makeup. I use this with the Stay Matte Powder (Stay Buff) and I am shine-free all day long.

on 7/24/2006 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

None of the shades match my skin. I have very pale (MAC NC15) skin. Stay Ivory is too peachy-pink looking on me and Stay Light is too dark. But I do like the texture of this foundation and it is easy to blend. Unfortunately, most of Clinique's foundation shades are not natural looking-they are too peachy-pink. The saleswomen at several nearby Clinique counters say that this is a frequent complaint, and I have e-mailed Clinique about this several times without a reply.

on 5/17/2006 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

For reference, I'm an AAB with NC35/C4 coloring and dark hair and eyes. I don't know why I have so much trouble with Clinique... I always get suckered in by the bonuses, but the color selection NEVER works well with my yellow-based skin tone.
Even those marketed as more yellow will go pink on me. I find the shine still breaks through and needs ++ touchups with powder. Coverage is light to medium. Would not buy again. continued >>

on 2/18/2006 9:28:00 AM

for the price, i had expected this to be better, but i didnt find it to be anything special. the coverage was ok, but it looked a little cakey and i didnt find that it did much to control oilyness. i would not reccommend for either oily or dry skin. i didnt find a very good colour match, and the foundation had rather pink/orange undertones, which didnt suit my skin and looked very "fake". i would not buy this foundation again.

on 1/28/2006 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I used to use this one in Stay Light before moving onto Clinique's Superbalanced foundation. Stay True is oil-free, which sounded beneficial until I realised it's too drying for my dry skin. Even after mixing with moisturiser, it would still leave dry patches on my face, and didn't appear to blend very well on me. I remember this foundation to have good lasting power. However, my main issue was that it wasn't right for my skin type. Otherwise, I think it'd suit someone with combination or oil skin fine.

on 1/8/2006 8:49:00 PM

I went out makeup shopping the other day and decided I wanted to treat myself to a new foundation. Im in constant search for the perfect one and when I read about this one I thought this might be it.
The lady in the counter suggested it too. I have acne prone, oily skin and I want a quite good coverage without looking too cakey.
First thing first, I dont like a bottle like this. It is so hard to get the product out of the bottle and you have to sit there and wait amillion years for the liquid to go out of the bottle. bleeh.
The lady said I was stay vanilla (the color) and I did the wrong thing and listened to her. When I came home and aplied this the color was way to unatural for me. Very purple and red and did not fit well with my skin which is more yellow toned. It did not provide a good coverage either and the onyl thing it did that it said it was supposed to was to give a matte finish. But it settles into lines.
Okey, so I was doomed from the beginning and after using it two days my face started to dry out heaps It was so scary because my face started peeling off and I thought I might had an allergic reaktion to this, I am not sure but I did not like it at all and stopped using it after this. Once again I threw money out the window.

on 12/27/2005 11:44:00 AM

I have never been totally happy with any liquid foundation that I have tried. I got this the day before my wedding one year ago and still have some left, so I'm giving it four lippies even though I really think I should give it three--because I believe it has "expired" and I should have thrown it out months ago and gotten a new bottle. Anyways, I got the lightest shade and it is still pink on my skin. I am a PPP with yellow undertones, and though it looks great when I am looking in the mirror at home...in the car it looks gross. Looks like my face is dirty. Also, this really makes my nose shiny and oily looking. It has no real staying power and only a few hours later it looks like I have been out in heat and humidity all day. Yuck. But, as long as I blot and apply a little more powder, it looks okay. Decent.