December 18, 2014 | 1645 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I must admit that I am really surprised that many people are fond of this fragrance. I have nothing against other Chanel fragrances, but this one is a heavy, headache giving one. Reminds me of cheap, ordinary and old-lady fragrances of 80's.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am sorry, but personally I am not fond of this.
Someone came in to work one day smelling divine, very fresh & floral & quite feminine, I HAD to ask her what she was wearing. She said Chanel Allure. The fragrance smelled very 'bright,' quite vibrant.
Being that my body chemistry is very temperamental with fragrances, I tracked down a tiny sample size spray of this in eau de toilette on eBay for $5 (lowest price I could find).
On me it smells very creamy, rich, 'thick,' heady, OLDER (I am not that young but come on I'm not an old lady yet) ... so different than the scent on the woman (on her it was more reminiscent of Anais Anais or Avon Haiku, very fresh). It gradually dries down to a softer but lingering powdery scent (I don't like powder scents).
This fragrance to me is more similar to Givenchy Organza which I also have. It's strictly a pulse-point fragrance & being that I won't buy this again, the small spray amount that I have now is MORE than sufficient & will actually last me quite a long time. Not a repurchase for me, sorry. :( It's not bad, it's just not what floats my boat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 6:41:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

This is a strong enough scent but I absolutely love it, especially in winters..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by sillychicken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My brother gave this to me in the EDT as a gift when we were in high school so I've been using this fragrance for a long time. People always ask "What is it that smells so good?" and it ends up being me LOL. The scent makes me feel warm and comforted but it's so light at the same time. I love it.
I bought the Perfume version (EDP) once and it was too thick/heavy and different so I recommend trying the EDT. I usually get a headache from perfumes and scented lotions but this one in the EDT doesn't give me that problem.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite of all the Chanel scents. It is feminine and unlike many other reviewers, I don't find it too heavy. Maybe because I can only afford the EDT! It does have good staying power and I think it is subtle - not something people can smell on you a mile away.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2010 6:25:00 AM More reviews by satinmannequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's nice, classy and quite expensive. I have it on me right now and I like it. At the beginning I thought that it's way too grandmother-ish and way too heavy(it was a present from my relative, got no choice actually), but after time I tried it again and changed my mind.
With this Chanel fragrance it's important to not put too much on yourself. If you do you'll get annoyed in first 10 minutes of using it. It lasts long.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by BlessedGirl

Have repurchased...year-round, classic scent!! Love Chanel fragrance

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do not like this fragrance at all. It smells too powdery for my taste. Plus it's too strong and overpowering. I prefer lighter fragrances. I don't like any Chanel fragrances, and I'm not sure why I thought this one would be any different. Just because it is Chanel does not mean it smells good. Sorry girls, but I don't recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first chanel fragrance got it when I was 13. it was soooo mature for me but I wore almost everyday in the winter of ninth year lol.

I love this
it lasts for ages.I put this on when I went camping for 2 nights- meaning no showers. and i still smelled it.

its a beautiful deep scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by amyelise

can only wear this in autumn and winter. too overpowering in warmer weather.